• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 49s49 seconds ago
Pat Riley's trip to Los Angeles had been characterized as a "vacation." Maybe a working one, after all, based on that Yahoo! report

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds 10s10 seconds ago
Can confirm Yahoo report: Pat Riley is going after LaMarcus Aldridge.

wut?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
The Lakers front office is pathetic. Neither DJ nor Aldridge is coming here.

LET. IT. GO.

We can still sign Harris and push the Pacers hard on a S&T for Hibbert. It's our only chance at having a team that can at the very least put on a fucking show as our rookies develop.

So if Miami is interested. Does that mean Riley might move Bosh and Whiteside for Boogie.

Or move Bosh to center, and have LMA and Bosh frontcourt for like 200 million dollars next few years.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
This reminds me of Wade making the Bulls think they had a chance. it would be awesome if the lakers just said "Fu" and leave his ass waiting.

zychi

Banned
"Pick a team!," yell the people not choosing to uproot from their current locations and lock themselves for anywhere from 3 to 5 years into a different situation.

This is day 2 of free agency and nobody can sign. He can take his time.

Nevermind that Melo, Wade, Bron, Bosh, and every other big free agent as done the exact same thing. The only difference is Laker fans are bitter and the media won't shut up about his visits. Wait a week, if he hasn't chosen, he's going back to POR

Lebatard will probably shoot a text to one of his Heat front office connects and verify what's happening. I don't understand the logic of going after LMA with Bosh on the team.

El Topo

"Pick a team!," yell the people not choosing to uproot from their current locations and lock themselves for anywhere from 3 to 5 years into a different situation.

This is day 2 of free agency and nobody can sign. He can take his time.

Come on, it's harmless fun. Obviously he should take his time for a decision that may have an enormous influence on his career and life, I just don't like the inevitable media circus (which I can't blame him for).
It's less aimed at him and more at the media sites. Given a situation today I really shouldn't be such a dick regarding this though.

h1nch

Riley is attempting to sway LMA away from San Antonio. He looked into the crystal ball and saw a future dominated by Spurs championships and is doing everything he can to alter the course of history.

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 30s30 seconds ago
And here I thought the biggest thing Heat might do was facilitate David Lee to a third team... which I've heard they explored at one point.

The Don works in mysterious ways

Sifl

Knicks meeting is cancelled
tumblr_m5g3gv4OUG1qm15teo9_r1_250.gif

daldridgetnt said:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings: LaMarcus Aldridge has cancelled his meeting with the Knicks today, per source.

Aldridge is, as Yahoo! reported, meeting a second time with the Lakers this afternoon, & will be meeting with Pat Riley in L.A., per source.

This is why Knicks should fire Phil Jackson. LMA just slams the door in your face, and Riley can get a meeting whenever he desires. Phil doesn't have that power because he hasn't done shit as head of basketball operations. Knicks thought his presence would suffice and he would bring free agents to play for the Knicks. Clearly not.

"Love Knicks fans turning up their noses at David Lee, as if their squad didn't win 17 games last season. Y'all need to recalibrate."

TadkV.gif

Damn he even met with the Raptors and he won't meet with us. That actually stings a little.

49 wins in the EAST & WEST >>> 17. (approx. 6 wins from the beating teams in the west)

This is how I imagine the Lakers call went:

"Hey LaMarcus, Mitch Kupchak here. I know the meeting didn't go very well between us, but can you do me a favor and at least pretend to give us a second consideration so we don't look like complete jokes? We'll give you some free stuff and have Kobe tied up in a closet so it won't be a complete waste of your time. Thanks. Of course if it turns out you really would like to play for us..."

*click*

B.O.O.M

This whole LMA story is starting to get ridiculous. Just pick a damn team. Doesn't exactly reflect too well on him either.

lol what a ridiculous thing to say. It's a big decision. He should take all the time in the world. Just because media outlets are reporting on it every 2 seconds doesn't mean he is hungering for attention or doing this for any other purpose than to make a sound decision.

Lakers got two meetings with LMA and Knicks get zero. At least we're not the very bottom of the barrel!! Hold that L, Phil.

I mean Lakers are going to get rejected twice. They are sending Byron Scott and Mitch to talk basketball. This is good as a flop. Lakers getting embarrassed this free agency.

I mean Lakers are going to get rejected twice. They are sending Byron Scott and Mitch to talk basketball. This is good as a flop. Lakers getting embarrassed this free agency.

Let's be real here: the only reason he is doing it is because he is already going to be in LA meeting with Pat Riley. Nothing has changed, except for the Heat's newfound interest.

This is how I imagine the Lakers call went:

"Hey LaMarcus, Mitch Kupchak here. I know the meeting didn't go very well between us, but can you do me a favor and at least pretend to give us a second consideration so we don't look like complete jokes? We'll give you some free stuff and have Kobe tied up in a closet so it won't be a complete waste of your time. Thanks. Of course if it turns out you really would like to play for us..."

*click*

Mitch: "hey Lamarcus? This is Mitch Kupchak with the Lakers. Look I know things didn't go so well the first time around but I was just calling to see if you could give us a second meeting. I know it's a lot to ask but it'd mean a whole lot.

LMA: "I don't know. I got a busy schedule and have to meet with my agen-"

Mitch: "I'll suck your dick."

LMA: "what?"

Mitch: "I'll do it. I'll do it right now. Where are you at, the Westin or something? I can take an uber over and..."

Jimmy-"hello Lamarcus? This is Jimmy. Jimmy BUSS?"

Mitch- "Goddamnit Jimmy I told you to get off the other line!"

Jimmy-"listen Lamarcus, have you ever heard of a little place called The Playboy Mansion?"

El Topo

lol what a ridiculous thing to say. It's a big decision. He should take all the time in the world. Just because media outlets are reporting on it every 2 seconds doesn't mean he is hungering for attention or doing this for any other purpose than to make a sound decision.

Yeah yeah, I wrote something that wasn't too serious but still stupid nonetheless, no need to rub it in.

Let's be real here: the only reason he is doing it is because he is already going to be in LA meeting with Pat Riley. Nothing has changed, except for the Heat's newfound interest.

He's taking all of his meetings in LA so proximity has nothing to do with it. He already cancelled the Knicks meeting which was also going to be in LA.

Wonder what Riley's play is here. I can't envision a scenario where they can add Lamarcus unless Bosh is somehow involved, which would be a lateral move. Maybe he convinces Aldrifge to sign a one year deal somewhere and then go to Miami next offseason?

Top Bottom