• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Fjordson

heatmovinggifunny.gif
Hahahah. Still a great gif.

Wonder what Riley's play is here. I can't envision a scenario where they can add Lamarcus unless Bosh is somehow involved, which would be a lateral move. Maybe he convinces Aldrifge to sign a one year deal somewhere and then go to Miami next offseason?

Maybe Wade isn't coming back?

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 55m55 minutes ago
When your team says, "We ain't got the money," then turns around and tries to set up a meeting w LaMarcus Aldridge

CI71lNfVEAA1rOh.jpg

hilarious

jmizzal

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 49s49 seconds ago
Pat Riley's trip to Los Angeles had been characterized as a "vacation." Maybe a working one, after all, based on that Yahoo! report

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds 10s10 seconds ago
Can confirm Yahoo report: Pat Riley is going after LaMarcus Aldridge.

wut?

Woah we going after Aldridge wow, Pat is the man

Lebatard will probably shoot a text to one of his Heat front office connects and verify what's happening. I don't understand the logic of going after LMA with Bosh on the team.

I would take LA over Bosh and day of the week, plus LA plays more inside then Bosh even tho he did expand his range last year

Mike Ortiz Jr. @xOrtiz4x
Sources: LaMarcus Aldridge instigated meeting with Miami, which is why Pat Riley is flying to Los Angeles to meet him.
4:59 PM - 2 Jul 2015

say word?

The Heat deserve more credit, and I hope they contend again. They have only won three titles during their entire history. If he goes to the Heat and makes another run at the title I won't complain.

jmizzal

Unless he's an accounting don then the math doesn't add up unless they're getting rid of a bunch of different players. Why would LMA want to play with the Heat with possibly no Bosh or Wade and/or Deng.

Deng is getting 10 mil for next year, Heat can move him Calmers and Birdman to free up about 20 mil all expiring contracts and Portland will gladly take that if they are gonna lose LA anyways

They can lock up LA and then give Wade what he wants they have his Bird rights and still keep Bosh

Or Heat could sign and trade Whiteside, Heat really dont have to lose Wade or Bosh

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bosh is a better player than LMA when hes healthy... but realistically how much can you bank on that being the case from here on out?

Also you can play both together anyway. Just fascinated to see how Riley could possibly make the money work. If anyone can do it though he can.

Deng is getting 10 mil for next year, Heat can move him Calmers and Birdman to free up about 20 mil all expiring contracts and Portland will gladly take that if they are gonna lose LA anyways

They can lock up LA and then give Wade what he wants they have his Bird rights and still keep Bosh

Or Heat could sign and trade Whiteside, Heat really dont have to lose Wade or Bosh

Pretty sure Wade's cap hold might complicate that. They might have to throw In some first rounders to get Portland to take back all that crap though. Expiring contracts aren't that valuable anymore.

They also don't have Whitesides bird rights, which puts a sign and trade with him out the window/

jmizzal

Bosh is a better player than LMA when hes healthy... but realistically how much can you bank on that being the case from here on out?

Also you can play both together anyway. Just fascinated to see how Riley could possibly make the money work. If anyone can do it though he can.

Yup a legit big line up with 5 guys who can stretch the floor and dont lose rebounding is actually pretty forward thinking.

Heat was gonna do it last year with Bosh and McRob starting but he got hurt, LA will just go into McRob spot.

Pretty sure Wade's cap hold might complicate that. They might have to throw In some first rounders to get Portland to take back all that crap though. Expiring contracts aren't that valuable anymore.

They also don't have Whitesides bird rights, which puts a sign and trade with him out the window/

I forget they dont have Whiteside bird, but its not a trash expiring contracts tho, Deng could slid right in at SF and replace Batum and Birdman and Chalmers are decent backups, yea Heat will def throw in draft picks

Trade alert. Stan traded for a bench. Why are the Pistons taking on salary? I mean you always overpay a free agent like you did with Aron Baynes. I thought they wanted some key free agents. They haven't gotten any of their targets.

Wonder how Markieff feels about his twin bro getting traded.

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 45s46 seconds ago
The positive vibe about a Wade deal -- and then delay -- now makes more sense, with these other factors in play. The order matters here.

tumblr_mkyuifyTLu1s1c29co1_400.gif

"Hey LaMarcus, this is Bron. Say man, listen, the Heat kind of ticked me off with how they badmouthed me after I left. Can you do me a favor and string them along a little bit? I don't know, just a day or two, really. Cool. Hey, I'll pay you back at some point, maybe we can team up in China when we're 40."

Suns making PJ Tucker and the good Morris twin available? Damn PHX phones must be ringing non-stop. Several teams should be interested/

Lakers can't handle the rejection. Lol. The audacity of the Lakers trying to seek another meeting after LMA gave them the GSP " I am not impressed with your performance"

What does GSP mean?

Gigglepoo

This is why Knicks should fire Phil Jackson. LMA just slams the door in your face, and Riley can get a meeting whenever he desires. Phil doesn't have that power because he hasn't done shit as head of basketball operations. Knicks thought his presence would suffice and he would bring free agents to play for the Knicks. Clearly not.

But Phil is the best coach ever... when he has one of the two best SGs in league history.

They got that back forever when greggers monroe turned them down to live lin luxurious Milaukee

I'd much rather live in Milwaukee, too. Can't blame the guy.

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds now9 seconds ago
FLASH: Dwyane Wade accepts deal to stay with Miami Heat, source tells The Associated Press.

Top Bottom