• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Seriously made a doc_rivers.gif face when I found out we're going after LMA.

Lol sorry-ass clown show of a franchise New York Knicks, got their meeting cancelled while Don Riley got asked to dinner by LMA.
You got 5 more years of irrelevance left in this decade
icon_lebatard.gif

Gigglepoo

Nice signing for Miami. Wade gets to brag about how much he's raking in but it doesn't kill the cap for next season. He's going to be in for a rude awakening next off season but at least he won't sulk through this one.

You ain't never lied. This week has been depressing as hell. I never thought I'd say this, but we need to let Kobe go. He's obviously holding this franchise back and while I thank him for his contributions to the Lakers and game of basketball, it's time to ride that horse off into the sunset and let the next generation rise up.

It's like, I'm super emotional about this. Like absolutely no one wants to even breathe on this team. Part of me wants to blame Kobe but is it really his fault? Is it his incredible max contract that has people intimidated? Is social media making this bugger than it is? I don't know. Everything just feels so messed up. At this point, maybe the team should just completely be young and refresh from within rather than jumping to grab big contracts. Ugh, at this point I'm trying to find solace in all of this mess.

bone_and_sinew

Aldridge sounds like a pri-madonna. man.
I don't think so at all. I think he's simply doing his due diligence and wants to listen to all opinions (except for the Knicks cause they're a dumpster fire, lol) before making a major, life-altering decision. It's only the second day of free agency.

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds now7 seconds ago
Wade statement: “The Heat family and I have shared incredible moments over the years and I look forward to continuing our journey.

Laker fans (not you, Ninja), get a grip. The rest of the league never wins titles. Like, 5 teams win everything. Everybody else sucks. Your team has been bad for a 5 minutes, will be fine in 5 more minutes. Everybody else will still suck. This is unfamiliar territory for you, I'm sure, but my goodness, quit your bellyaching. It's comical.

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds now11 seconds ago
Henry Thomas(Wade agent) statement: "This contract is a win-win for both Dwyane and the Heat.

bone_and_sinew

Wade deal: $20 million, one-year deal, source tells AP.

Heat maintain 2016 flexibility
Wade deal: $20 million, one-year deal, source tells AP.

Heat maintain 2016 flexibility
We're going to let Wade walk next season and replace him with Durant. Guaransheed. Put it front page, back page, middle of the page.

Laker fans (not you, Ninja), get a grip. The rest of the league never wins titles. Like, 5 teams win everything. Everybody else sucks. Your team has been bad for a 5 minutes, will be fine in 5 more minutes. Everybody else will still suck. This is unfamiliar territory for you, I'm sure, but my goodness, quit your bellyaching. It's comical.

Not sure if you're speaking to me directly, but I agree with you. I for one like to see small market teams succeed, and it was really nice to see GS win it all this year. I would be enjoy seeing someone like the Bucks win the titles down the line.

I could see the Heat moving Chalmers and Deng. $4,300,000 Chalmers number is basically going to Wade. So I don't know why people think this is a bad deal. Great deal for Heat.

Gigglepoo

Not sure if you're speaking to me directly, but I agree with you. I for one like to see small market teams succeed, and it was really nice to see GS win it all this year. I would be enjoy seeing someone like the Bucks win the titles down the line.

Golden State isn't a small-market team. The Bay Area has a GDP that would place it as the 19th richest nation in the world.

bone_and_sinew

HAH.

do you heat fans really like wade that much? I don't think he's worth 20m

hell I think Lou Williams is worth more than D. Wade.
Do we really like the 4th, maybe 3rd, best shooting guard of all-time who has played here 12 seasons, won 3 championships with us, and still scored 21.5 ppg on 47% shooting, still a fantastic play maker, and was the team's best player last season still drawing double teams, worth a 1 year max?

What kind of stupid fucking question is this? Lou Williams, a career bench-player with no special abilities in any phase of the game with worse numbers across the board expect 3 point shooting, worse impact in every phase of the game is somehow worth more? Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

Do we really like the 4th, maybe 3rd, best shooting guard of all-time who has played here 12 seasons, won 3 championships with us, and still scored 21.5 ppg efficiently and was the team's best player last season still drawing double teams?

What kind of stupid fucking question is this? Lou Williams, a career bench-player with no special abilities in any phase of the game with worse numbers across the board expect 3 point shooting, worse impact in every phase of the game is somehow worth more? Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

Oh my.

Do we really like the 4th, maybe 3rd, best shooting guard of all-time who has played here 12 seasons, won 3 championships with us, and still scored 21.5 ppg efficiently and was the team's best player last season still drawing double teams?

One is a journeyman, one is a veteran.

one retires earlier.

RELAX

Heat fans can keep Wade for all I care, but if I were him I'd be playing for the Cavs.

zychi

Banned
Do we really like the 4th, maybe 3rd, best shooting guard of all-time who has played here 12 seasons, won 3 championships with us, and still scored 21.5 ppg on 47% shooting, still a fantastic play maker, and was the team's best player last season still drawing double teams, worth a 1 year max?

relax man, theres a ton of hyperbole on gaf. take it easy

e: face it tiger straight trolling

"why would anyone want him?"
"he should be on the cavs!"

HabeeNo

Dayum lol

Fjordson

Obviously Wade isn't worth 20 mill in 2015, but it's only a one year deal and part of that money is for his legacy I'd assume. Riley got Wade a raise without handicapping the franchise long term.

Wynnebeck

Banned

Eh, I don't really call it bellyaching. It's more like seeing someone's true potential and what they can do and accomplish and then throwing it away over some stupidity. It's almost like a literal version of:

JYAVWj7.gif

bone_and_sinew

Wade took a pay cut twice to help us out, it's good we paid him back without pulling a Lakers and killing our future. Win-win for both sides.

Wade getting $20 mill in 2015 isn't egregious. Shooting guard in the NBA sucks. He is still a legitimate all-star. The only shooting guards right now better than him are The Beard, Thompson, Jimmy Buckets, and that's it.

MickeyPhree

Justise Winslow
Josh Richardson
Resign Dragic
Deng opts in
Resign Wade to a deal that doesn't hurt us for 2016.

Great offseason Miami.

Aldridge next? Good lord(not gonna happen but we can dream).

How fucking cool as a cucumber is Pat Riley? Didn't he tell everyone to take a chill pill when the height of the Wade carnival of stupid was going on? He's the Obama of the NBA

Tom Penny

What has Damin Lillard done to earn 25 per? All he's going to do is be even more inefficient and get the Blazers a top 5 or 10 pick next year.

Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling 11m11 minutes ago
Source familiar w/ LaMarcus Aldridge's situation says currently Spurs & Suns are front-runners. Dallas 3rd. Lakers out. Heat not happening.

Top Bottom