• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What has Damin Lillard done to earn 25 per? All he's going to do is be even more inefficient and get the Blazers a top 5 or 10 pick next year.

He is great offensively overall but yeah his defense has been a total trainwreck. Its kind of hard to believe how bad he is on defense, Stotts does a good job trying to cover him up whenever possible but its still rough. Its like Steve Nash bad but without the game on offense to make it worthwhile.

Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling 11m11 minutes ago
Source familiar w/ LaMarcus Aldridge's situation says currently Spurs & Suns are front-runners. Dallas 3rd. Lakers out. Heat not happening.

Wait, what? Has he already had dinner with the Riley? Why go to a second meeting with LA then? What is even going on?

So why would LMA call up Riles to have dinner if he's hitting something on the side? riles gonna start charging these players for these unnecessary cross country trips.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1h1 hour ago
Beyond Blazers, only contender for Aldridge that he's clear about organization, about role for him: Spurs. Everyone else, still questions.
Well its something I guess.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Not yet. Its gonna be pretty damn hard to sign him without gutting the bench so most people are saying its a no go. We'll see what happens.
McBob, Birdman, Chalmers, and Bazz going to Portland in S&T to make salaries match.

Dragic/Barea (MMLE)
Wade/Winslow
Deng/Ennis
LMA/Bosh
Bosh/Whiteside

Believe

Laker fans (not you, Ninja), get a grip. The rest of the league never wins titles. Like, 5 teams win everything. Everybody else sucks. Your team has been bad for a 5 minutes, will be fine in 5 more minutes. Everybody else will still suck. This is unfamiliar territory for you, I'm sure, but my goodness, quit your bellyaching. It's comical.

You make it seem like fans should just be cool with a shitty team. It's not just about having a title but at least putting up a good fight. To be the worst in the NBA isn't great no matter what team it is an all fans want just to see their team do good. It's comical that the idea of sitting just because you've had championships before should be what we should all rest on. Fuck that.

I don't care if they don't win a championship, lets just not have a crappy team. I'll be good if they make someone a star who can go to another team and be their star.

Obviously Wade isn't worth 20 mill in 2015, but it's only a one year deal and part of that money is for his legacy I'd assume. Riley got Wade a raise without handicapping the franchise long term.

Yup. Send a message to the rest of the league that the heat will take care of their guys. There's a reason why Riley gets a sit down with LMA and PhilJ doesn't.

bone_and_sinew

Lol why would Portland want that trash? Throw in Whiteside maybe.
Teams on the surrendering end of sign and trades and disgruntled superstars never get decent return value. If you want value on a trade, you gotta drag it out and have a bidding war, something Portland can't do. Those are all expirings except McBob anyway. It always comes down to the surrendering team saying "well, we don't want to lose him for nothing, might as well get something in return".
I don't get why Heat fans here are reluctant to part ways with Deng lol
Cause he's still the team's best perimeter defender so it's preferable to retain him. Not that he's a deal breaker or anything.

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds 2m2 minutes ago
More from Wade in exclusive AP interview: "$20 million, I could never look at that and roll my eyes. I am from Robbins, Illinois."

Omega

Banned
Your time will come, Diddy. Can't get much worse.

Isiah era was much worse, and considering how desperate Dolan is to give him a job again (trying to let him run the Liberty) once Phil leaves it's going to be a return to the dark ages.

Other than the Aldridge soap opera, been a pretty boring second day of FA.

Of course, The Cavs and Tristan are still working out their deal for you all to laugh at, but that's more fun for later, right? ;p

I feel you Knicks fan, we are in the same boat now. No one loves us anymore.

Lakers for ever.

Phil was never going to make a difference unless he was coaching. That's where all his respect is from. His mistake was bringing in a first time coach who has no idea what hes doing.

Lets suffer together. We are probably the worst two teams in the league as of today.

Lillard to the rescue.

3mmag8g.gif

I'm sure Dirk has said this at least twice now. I wonder if how the front office treated Tyson the first time around is why they haven't been able to land a big name.

Mavs have earned a pretty shitty reputation among players over the past several years. Big FA's aren't coming because it's Dallas or it's the Mavs. They don't come because they know Cubes won't take care of them and has been mercenary with his players over the past few years.

Dallas is a great place for a player who's struggling who wants to earn a big paycheck elsewhere a la Aminu. But for vets in their prime it's a no-no.

Selling someone on playing with an aging Dirk and Chandler Parsons doesn't exactly help either. Especially since Parsons just came off of micro fracture surgery on his knee.

Teams on the surrendering end of sign and trades and disgruntled superstars never get decent return value. If you want value on a trade, you gotta drag it out and have a bidding war, something Portland can't do. Those are all expirings except McBob anyway. It always comes down to the surrendering team saying "well, we don't want to lose him for nothing, might as well get something in return". Cause he's still the team's best perimeter defender so it's preferable to retain him. Not that he's a deal breaker or anything.

That's not how this works. There has to be something in it for Pirtland to facilitate a sign and trade to help LMA get more money and I doubt expiring contracts are much of an asset to them. Miami will have to throw in an asset, be it a player or a first round pick. Look around the league. Everybody has or can get cap space. It's not as much of an asset as it used to be.

That's not how this works. There has to be something in it for Pirtland to facilitate a sign and trade to help LMA get more money and I doubt expiring contracts are much of an asset to them. Miami will have to throw in an asset, be it a player or a first round pick. Look around the league. Everybody has or can get cap space. It's not as much of an asset as it used to be.
Right. That's what the heat did when they mortgaged their future to get the big 3: got rid of picks that Riley would've botched and riff raff like beas to make the sign and trades work.
But I don't think we have any picks till like 2100 thanks to that lol

bender

What time is it?
Mavs have earned a pretty shitty reputation among players over the past several years. Big FA's aren't coming because it's Dallas or it's the Mavs. They don't come because they know Cubes won't take care of them and has been mercenary with his players over the past few years.

Yeah. They also draft terribly and don't do a good job of developing talent which probably has a lot to do with the former. They've wasted Dirk's twilight which is a shame and it's going to be awfully interesting to see how their potpourri approach works out when you don't have an all time great to lean on.

What's the guess as to how deep into the preseason the lakers get before Kobe publicly shames his whole team and front office for surround him with nighttime janitors?

OctoMan

Banned
Jason Smith sounds like literally the most generic name you could possibly have. You must really hate your kid to name them that.

bone_and_sinew

It seems due to the luxury tax apron, we'll have to trade a lot more contracts than I thought, Deng would have to go to make room for LMA. Ah hell, I'll let Andy Ellisburg figure that one out. I just want Pat to get a yes and see the meltdowns. Free agency has already gone pretty awesome for us even if we don't get him.

Literally have never heard of Jason Smith. Mitch gonna do the one deal tank game again. Man your battle station, Kobe.
I only know of him because the Heat drafted him then immediately traded him for Daequan Cook. Anyway he's nothing but a big white stiff, not even playoff rotation quality.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Amare or Smith!? Someone post that gif of the black woman fainting on the porch cause I'm about to legit shed a tear over this buffoonery.

Top Bottom