• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 30s30 seconds ago
According to league source, Cavs have yet to engage in any serious contract negotiations to this point w/ RFA Matthew Dellavedova. (1/2)....

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick now9 seconds ago
... (2/2) Cleveland focused primarily on Tristan Thompson & LeBron James negotiations, and working to move Brendan Haywood contract.

No way they let the hometown hero walk...right?

Fuck free agency. Guys I'm headed to Summer League.
1409451529_1386595007_avq95f_5mr0y1v.gif

Anybody need a ride?

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 30s30 seconds ago
According to league source, Cavs have yet to engage in any serious contract negotiations to this point w/ RFA Matthew Dellavedova. (1/2)....

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick now9 seconds ago
... (2/2) Cleveland focused primarily on Tristan Thompson & LeBron James negotiations, and working to move Brendan Haywood contract.

No way they let the hometown hero walk...right?

You mean LeBron? There's no way he's leaving. I think it's an issue of TT and LBJ sharing the same agent and trying to get the best deal for each.

You mean LeBron? There's no way he's leaving. I think it's an issue of TT and LBJ sharing the same agent and trying to get the best deal for each.

I'm talking about the Cleveland legend Matthew Dellavadova aka Delly aka the Chef Stopper.

EDIT: hold on, stop the presses

CLE Sports Nation ‏@CLEVE216LAND_ 1m1 minute ago
Report: Cavs and Matthew Dellavedova making progress toward a multiyear deal in $3-5 million per year range, per @ShamsCharania.

WAT?

Robin Lopez wouldn't be a bad sigining at like 3 years. Decent defensive center. Not a complete stiff. Contract is still movable in one or two years if it's absolutely necessary. Can probably run with the young guys on this team. Won't get in the way of Randle/Clarkson/Russel's development. More importantly we can still lose 50+ games with him. If we can somehow unload Nick Young on someone I will consider this offseason a success.

Robin Lopez wouldn't be a bad sigining at like 3 years. Decent defensive center. Not a complete stiff. Can probably run with the young guys on this team. Won't get in the way of Randle/Clarkson/Russel's development. More importantly we can still lose 50+ games with him.

He's a big time offensive rebounder too and shoots a high FG %. Would be a good pickup in this market especially.

Fuck free agency. Guys I'm headed to Summer League.
1409451529_1386595007_avq95f_5mr0y1v.gif

Anybody need a ride?

I'm this close to going down to frisco to walk on for the mavs d-league team.... :p

If JJ Barea can make it so can I!!!!! Seriously though, that dude is an inspiration to everyone under 6ft who's dreamed of playing in the NBA... Dude's made millions, played a significant role on a title team..... married miss universe.... talk about winning in the game of life.

He may have never made superstar money but I'd take 16 million in four years in a heartbeat......

if the Spurs miss out on LMA and the Mavs miss out on everyone Cuban needs to do the right thing and send Dirk to San Antonio for one last ride.

He's a big time offensive rebounder too and shoots a high FG %. Would be a good pickup in this market especially.

Yeah he seems like he'd be a good fit for a team that will need to showcase Clarkson, Russell and Randle (and to a lesser extent the other rooks Brown and Nance) and let them shoulder most of the offensive load (well and Kobe for about 25 games before Father Time comes calling). I'd much rather have him than like fuckin Hibbert who is just going to slow things down to a crawl.

Firing up the tank early this year huh?

It was an inevitability. I mean, realistically, let's say a miracle occurs and we sign LaMarcus Aldridge (or Deandre Jordan for that matter), with the way salaries are inflating we don't have cap space to really sign anyone else of note, which means it's LMA or DJ and a bunch of rooks (and Kobe). That's still probably a lottery team in the west lol.

I'm this close to going down to frisco to walk on for the mavs d-league team.... :p

If JJ Barea can make it so can I!!!!! Seriously though, that dude is an inspiration to everyone under 6ft who's dreamed of playing in the NBA... Dude's made millions, played a significant role on a title team..... married miss universe.... talk about winning in the game of life.

He may have never made superstar money but I'd take 16 million in four years in a heartbeat......

Chandler Parsons $15,361,500
Dirk Nowitzki $8,333,333
Raymond Felton $4,540,000
Devin Harris $4,053,446
Gal Mekel $947,276

Mavs seemed to be have a lot of wholes to fill. They can start anywhere once DJ rejects them.

It was an inevitability. I mean, realistically, let's say a miracle occurs and we sign LaMarcus Aldridge (or Deandre Jordan for that matter), with the way salaries are inflating we don't have cap space to really sign anyone else of note, which means it's LMA or DJ and a bunch of rooks (and Kobe). That's still probably a lottery team in the west lol.

R Lopez would be good for Randle

Hey Ninja, I remember you said you didn't want Okafor because he reminded you of Brook Lopez. Well you might have Brook's brother now.

Wes wants the Mavs

Then I can continue to laugh at the Kings off-season. That trade with Philly would have been for nothing

Chandler Parsons gets HOW much?!

Dallas gave Parsons the same type deal that Matthews is offered by the Kings.

Probballdraft said:
Hearing the Heat are a legit threat to the Spurs for Aldridge. Miami would need to do a sign & trade w/ Bosh from what I've been told. #heat

Lord Riley.

on paper though is Bosh to Aldridge an upgrade? Aldridge probably better pure scorer. Rebounding a draw (?) but I have to think Bosh is a better defender and more versatile. Probably deeper shooting range too.

ViciousDS

Banned
Did I just see wade get $20 mil? Da fuck. He's so injury prone, he's not worth that much IMO. Jimmy butler is looking like an insane steal for $90 mil right now

on paper though is Bosh to Aldridge an upgrade? Aldridge probably better pure scorer. Rebounding a draw (?) but I have to think Bosh is a better defender and more versatile. Probably deeper shooting range too.

Bosh's health is still kinda sketchy tho after that blood clot in his lung, they said he had a full recovery but I wonder how he's going to hold up playing 30+ in the regular season running up and down the court.

Wouldn't seem worth the effort to replace Bosh with Aldridge. It may not even be an upgrade.

Soonri

Bosh's versatility puts him over LMA for me. LMA doesn't want to play the 5, while Bosh can do it whenever Whiteside isn't on the court. And he's been shooting the 3 for some time now, while LMA only started doing that last season.

Would be fun if the Cavs aren't able to move Haywood. Either Lebron has to take a paycut (which would never happen) or Gilbert's gonna have to pay hilarious amounts of luxury tax.

No. Fuck no!

Keep Bosh and his defensive versatility. They better not do this.

ESPNSteinLine said:
ESPN sources say David West is most likely to wind up with one of two teams after leaving Indiana: San Antonio or Washington

Fuck off West. Those are the only two options? Wizards frontcourt is getting older and Spurs already seem to be favorites to win it all.

ESPNSteinLine said:
Wes Matthews Update: Sacramento offer to free-agent swingman is actually four-year deal at $16 million annually for total of $64 million

. Kings actual offer was a 4 year deal of an Achilles injury. Just madness.

They won't trade bosh, guy is a top tier pick n roll defender and is offensively versatile. Dude is a legit all star and would've had a terrific season if he wasn't hampered by the blood clot. Plus, unlike wade his game is going to age well.

No way Riley is gonna downgrade for LMA. Id rather part with the knucklehead that's whiteside, who is either going to have a breakout year next season or become the next Jr Smith of committing stupid flagrants and just being an idiot.

Top Bottom