• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Wynnebeck

Banned
Lakers team president Jeanie Buss has said that the team is rebuilding under a deadline. Specifically, she has said, the Lakers need to make a deep run in the playoffs within three years or her brother, Jim, will step down from his post as president of basketball operations.

Time to look for a new job bro. XD

Yo, Miami, at least if you're going to steal Aldridge from us give us Bosh in return.

(Though I'm not sure the Spurs could afford his contract.)

Doesn't the Buss family want to sell the team in order to cash in? Jeanie Buss going to be out of a job as well.

The Heat and free agent guard Lou Williams (the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year) have mutual interest, according to someone with direct knowledge, but this would require a sign-and-trade with Toronto because Williams will command more than the taxpayer’s midlevel.

Heat-GAF, what first rounders you guys have left?

Soonri

Paying an aging 2 guard who just tore his ACL more money than your young franchise cornerstone who's a top 15 player in the league seems like a smart idea #KANGZ

SaintR

Even though I'm a Knicks fan and this offseason's going kinda shitty so far I must admit it has been entertaining following all this movement. As a NBA fan this is just fun. Seeing teams go from Plan A to Plan B so fast has been crazy to watch.

rando14

Apparently Ropez chose NYK over LA

Damn LA is in shambles, players choosing the Knicks over them now......

EDIT:

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
ESPN sources say Robin Lopez has chosen Knicks over Lakers and will join NYK as long as DeAndre Jordan, as expected, chooses Clips or Mavs

Sifl

What the hell do these two things have in common? Is he going to go to the Lakers if DeAndre does as well?
The Knicks met with Jordan and he hasn't decided yet, so there's still technically a chance we get him (lol). We can't sign them both, so he's willing to wait for Jordan to decide.

Did we just overpay for Robin Lopez?

I heard Brook regressed a lot last year but I cant keep tabs on which of the twins are good and which one is mediocre.

Did we just overpay for Robin Lopez?

I heard Brook regressed a lot last year but I cant keep tabs on which of the twins are good and which one is mediocre.

I ask myself "If given the choice, which would the really smart teams/front offices, like GState or San Antonion, rather have, Brook or Robin?" And I think the answer would be Robin.

ESPN sources say Pat Riley and LaMarcus Aldridge are still dining together. Only 9 PM on West Coast .

Pat taking things slow going to wine and dine Aldridge. Take Aldridge back to his hotel consensually and pull out the big d..dollar contract. Aldridge won't be able to resist it.

Throw the damn towel Jim Buss. Don't wait another 2 years.

This is year 3 of that plan Jim Buss mentioned. We're not gonna have to wait if Jeanie holds to her word.

Honestly with LaMarcus and DJ out of the picture I wouldn't be surprised if Mitch is going around throwing 1 and 2 year deals at guys like Robin Lopez. Probably won't even make an offer to Tobias Harris. It's gonna be a repeat of last year. A bunch of one year deals.

I don't see why he wouldn't just go with the safer option of the Clips, they already got to the semi-finals, he can't hate CP3 that much.

We don't even have JJ to throw him lobs.
Speaks volumes to the Mavs pitch. Guess they made him feel more appreciated. Mavs players and Cowboys players were recruiting him.

dream

DJ may hate CP3 the way Lebron hates Delonte, but on the Clips, he has two of the most unselfish all stars in CP3 and Blake passing to him.

Okay what the fuck is seriously going on with Tobias Harris? Does he have swine flu or something? A 22 year old 6'8" improving player who can shoot the 3 and not even a whiff of anyone even thinking about signing him?

WTH is this talk about Robin being better than his brother Brook? Statistically they're about even on rebounding and block shots. With Brook your getting a guy with a career 18 ppg average on .500% FG. With Robin your getting who's career avg is 8ppg.

Robin doesn't have anywhere near the post up game nor the footwork that Brook has. (Which is weird since they went to the same college.)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lopezro01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lopezbr01.html

Obviously Brook is the better scorer but it's difficult to find a major difference between the two on stat sheets.

WTH is this talk about Robin being better than his brother Brook? Statistically they're about even on rebounding and block shots. With Brook your getting a guy with a career 18 ppg average on .500% FG. With Robin your getting who's career avg is 8ppg.

Robin doesn't have anywhere near the post up game nor the footwork that Brook has. (Which is weird since they went to the same college.)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lopezro01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lopezbr01.html

Obviously Brook is the better scorer but it's difficult to find a major difference between the two on stat sheets.

career stats are skewed because Robin didn't play as much his firs few years. Per 36 numbers show Robin to be a much better rebounder. He's also not nearly as slow footed as Brook. Brook is a terrible rebounder and defender. ALso seemingly not as fragile. I'd honestly take Robin over Brook. I think they are both complementary pieces, and in that sense Robin is easier to build with/around.

dream

Since we're talking about loser LA teams, the Sparks are on the verge of having a shot at winning their first game of the season.

I don't see why he wouldn't just go with the safer option of the Clips, they already got to the semi-finals, he can't hate CP3 that much.

We don't even have JJ to throw him lobs.
He's from Texas, he would be the star on that team, and he'd likely be making a lot more money there. There's also rumors that he wasn't satisfied with his role on the team and that he'd had a rift with CP3. I'm actually thinking he's more likely going to the Mavs.

spyder_ur

Okay what the fuck is seriously going on with Tobias Harris? Does he have swine flu or something? A 22 year old 6'8" improving player who can shoot the 3 and not even a whiff of anyone even thinking about signing him?

I think there's plenty of interest. But he's restricted and it'll probably take a max offer to pry him from the Magic. Teams don't want to take up their cap space for up to 3 days early in the FA period. Think about it - have any big-time RFAs gotten offer sheets yet? Noone offered Green Kawhi or Butler, or even the next tier down from that, guys like Knight, Thompson, Middleton, etc. Teams are hesitant to do that early.

Being a restricted FA must kind of suck in some ways.

I ask myself "If given the choice, which would the really smart teams/front offices, like GState or San Antonion, rather have, Brook or Robin?" And I think the answer would be Robin.

He is called "Robin" Lopez
Brook Lopez is the Batman between these two comic junkies.

Yeah, I remember hearing good things about Robin regarding defense and rebounding. All I remember about Brook is that he can't hold on to the damn ball and made the Nets worse by being on the court.

I guess everyone is gonna get paid now. Might be overpaying if the contract is reasonable and doesnt hurt us in the future I'm all for it. I dont think theres any other decent FAs for us to sign this offseason anyways. PorzinGod needs help.

Top Bottom