• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

I think there's plenty of interest. But he's restricted and it'll probably take a max offer to pry him from the Magic. Teams don't want to take up their cap space for up to 3 days early in the FA period. Think about it - have any big-time RFAs gotten offer sheets yet? Noone offered Green or Butler, or even the next tier down from that, guys like Knight, Middleton, etc. Teams are hesitant to do that early.

Those players re signed too quickly to give other teams a chance though. Harris is still out there, and the closer big FAs get to narrowing their choices down the less the 3 day thing has any impact. It's just strange that we haven't even heard much about teams even being interested.

Bowser

Wes Matthews Latest: ESPN sources say Matthews' camp has notified Kings he's unlikely to take their offer, making Dallas even more likely

Lol great trade Kings

I fucking hate Pat Beverly but I wouldnt mind him on the Knicks. If he's gonna be a shitty asshole I'd rather have him do that on our team.

Wes Matthews Latest: ESPN sources say Matthews' camp has notified Kings he's unlikely to take their offer, making Dallas even more likely

Lol great trade Kings

Zach Lowe was mentioning on his podcast today how since none of these deals are technically final he wondered if the Kings would pull out of the Sixers trade and renege on their deal if things didn't work out how they wanted. Not sure why the Kings didn't just wait to get some kind of commitment from Matthews and/or Rondo before pulling the trade trigger.

spyder_ur

Those players re signed too quickly to give other teams a chance though. Harris is still out there, and the closer big FAs get to narrowing their choices down the less the 3 day thing has any impact. It's just strange that we haven't even heard much about teams even being interested.

They signed quickly with their teams for a reason, teams are throwing around cash (more than other teams can offer) and RFAs have no leverage. We're 3 days in and no contracts can even be formally signed until the 8th, so you will hear action by then for sure. I think it's almost definite he's going back to the Magic - latest rumors are a short-term deal so he can explore UFA soon.

RFAs almost always stay with their teams and the exceptions are usually pretty notable like Batum a few years ago.

I gotta listen to Lowe's podcast today, haven't done so yet. God I miss Simmons these past 3 weeks.

Bowser

Wes Matthews has agreed in principle with the Mavericks on a four-year deal, per source. Turned down huge offer from Sacramento.

Wes Matthews has agreed in principle with the Mavericks on a four-year deal, per source. Turned down huge offer from Sacramento.

To get rejected by a player coming off Achilles tear. Free Boogie
But there is so much uncertainty about the Kings can't blame him.
Feel bad for the Blazers they probably wanted to re-sign him prior to injury as well.

spyder_ur

To get rejected by a player coming off Achilles tear. Free Boogie
But there is so much uncertainty about the Kings can't blame him.
Feel bad for the Blazers they probably wanted to re-sign him prior to injury as well.

The Kings are an absolute dumpster fire. Good god.

I genuinely feel bad for the Blazers. They've done a ton of things right and they just haven't gotten the breaks - drafted pretty well, developed players, made some shrewd moves and they were legitimately good the last two years, particularly early this past year. Now I don't know what they do - even if they could bring Aldridge back I'm not even positive they should.

Can the Mavs still afford DJ with the Matthews signing?

get these huge contracts even after major injuries bros.

lupe1.png

what a time we live in

Broussard reported that Ellis turned down a four-year, $48 million contract from the Sacramento Kings as well. Decided to sign for less with the Pacers.

How hilarious would it be if Rondo rejected them as well?

ViciousDS

Banned
Broussard reported that Ellis turned down a four-year, $48 million contract from the Sacramento Kings as well. Decided to sign for less with the Pacers.

How hilarious would it be if Rondo rejected them as well?

I would die, kings are turning out to be an even poorer mans lakers. Players not wanting to play for LA or Sac

C4Lukins

Man if the Mavs can pull this off it would be huge. Otherwise we are looking at Dirk retiring after this year, and at least three years of rebuilding.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I think there's plenty of interest. But he's restricted and it'll probably take a max offer to pry him from the Magic. Teams don't want to take up their cap space for up to 3 days early in the FA period. Think about it - have any big-time RFAs gotten offer sheets yet? Noone offered Green Kawhi or Butler, or even the next tier down from that, guys like Knight, Thompson, Middleton, etc. Teams are hesitant to do that early.

Being a restricted FA must kind of suck in some ways.

Pretty much this although the other guys wanted to stay with their teams hence those guys resigned. Maybe they get the max somewhere else but then they're stuck on a garbage Knicks team instead of a place they are comfortable at.

Tobias doesn't even want to stay with the Magic especially after they hired Scott Skiles. So basically he has to wait for LMA and some other guys to sign first before he can even get the best offer possible out there from another team.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I'm done. The incompetence from our FO is unprecedented. I don't believe Orlando will even let Harris go at this point anyway. They seemed open to it at the start of this, but have changed tunes.

Let's just get Bismack Biyombo on the cheap and have a line-up of Russell, Clarkson, Kobe, Randle, and Biyombo. Let's have some fun watching them run and gun it for 48 minutes with some cool highlights while we tank. Whatever.

The Lakers FO is the perfect example of nepotism biting you in the ass. Jim and Jeanie do not belong there, they haven't earned shit and aren't Sharks like Papa Buss and West were. I've even lost a bit of faith in Mitch too, although I still want him around and don't see him as a primary problem.

Macadinho

Banned
Zach Lowe tweeted earlier that apparently Pat Riley met with LMA to tell him to keep his options open for next year when the Heat can afford to pay him. Might be why he's considering Phoenix as seriously as he is. I'd imagine the Spurs would only sign him on a multi-year deal.

Mavs having a good off-season. Props to them. Getting the players they want. For the Clippers the core of DJ, Griffin and CP3 got as far as it could which was the 2nd round.

Top Bottom