• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

BobLoblaw

Banned
Lol! Just saw that DJ went to the Clips. It's a lose-lose situation. It doesn't really make the Mavs any better than an 8 seed and it guarantees that Clips will be no higher than a 9 seed.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
LAtoLA update:

Ramona Shelburne on ESPN 710 says Arn Tellum (LaMarcus Aldridge's agent) hasn't formally told the Lakers that they were out, which is why the front office is still waiting and still holding out hope they might have a shot, even though it may be a slim one.

Let_8bea3c_1486839.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Biggest loser right now is Blake Griffin, the dude can't guard the top bigs in the WEST on a nightly basis.

Yeah I do not buy them planning to go into the season with Blake playing 5 at all. They kind of have to make another move here.

You haven't noticed that he wants to take a secondary role and doesn't want to do the bulk of the scoring every night?

Secondary role to who? Chandler Parsons? Certainly isn't going to be DeAndre, out of 534 field goals last year, he made 18 post-up shots. The notion that he can "be the man" in an offense is utterly laughable. He has his uses on offense setting up other players but he can't score on anything other than lobs. That hes not going to get in Dallas.

Into

Simmons was right all along, he always said Clips looked dysfunctional even when winning. He said this at the start of the season.

As much as I like DeAndre I'm not sure what this does for the Mavs in terms of this season. Dirk is a part time player at this point. I could still see them missing the playoffs if their backcourt doesn't see an overhaul. Still DJ is only 26 so this is a good long term piece for them.

lol reports coming out on twitter that dirk took off from his family vacation to meet DJ in the meeting and that none of the clippers players were present when he did his meeting with them

ViciousDS

Banned
Lot of respect for lillard. Just a long chat to get out feelings is the way to go. Leaves the door open for a reunion in the future.

pDo080J.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Honestly if the Clippers can get someone like Hibbert they aren't going to be missing out that much. I like Jordan but he is not a franchise type of center that folks make him out to be and had no business winning DPOY last year. The real issue is their cap situation makes getting another center pretty difficult.

Jordan on the floor: Opponents shot 59% in restricted area. Jordan on the bench: Opponents shot 60% at the rim.
Jordan on the bench: Opponents shot 43.7%. Jordan on the floor: Opponents shot 44% overall.

Honestly if the Clippers can get someone like Hibbert they aren't going to be missing out that much. I like Jordan but he is not a franchise type of center that folks make him out to be and had no business winning DPOY last year. The real issue is their cap situation makes getting another center pretty difficult.

Jordan on the floor: Opponents shot 59% in restricted area. Jordan on the bench: Opponents shot 60% at the rim.
Jordan on the bench: Opponents shot 43.7%. Jordan on the floor: Opponents shot 44% overall.

They can't take on Hibbert's salary without giving up the same in return, and they have nothing Indy would want in that regard.

Tyson signing early with PhX really fucked things up for them. In the back of their minds they probably figured that worst case scenario if DJ leaves it's most likely to Dallas so they could get Tyson in a sign and trade.

Have the Lakers made eye contact with a FA yet?

Yes, but unfortunately they wanted Kobe too as well.

Kobe spoke for about three minutes in the presentation, said he envisioned LaMarcus Aldridge working with him the same way Pau Gasol did.

Bryant didn't stop there: He brought up the blocked Chris Paul trade to Aldridge as even greater proof of Mitch Kupchak's team-building brilliance.

Bryant suggested to Aldridge that attempting to land Paul wasn't just paving the way for even more championships; the Lakers were set to save a ton of money in that deal in an even more extraordinary victory. Although the Paul trade wasn't allowed to go down, Bryant said, it just goes to show that you can count on Kupchak and the Lakers to find a way to get you the help you need.

Secondary role to who? Chandler Parsons? Certainly isn't going to be DeAndre, out of 534 field goals last year, he made 18 post-up shots. The notion that he can "be the man" in an offense is utterly laughable. He has his uses on offense setting up other players but he can't score on anything other than lobs. That hes not going to get in Dallas.
I don't know who the primary player can be, but I'm saying I don't think Dirk is all that concerned with a younger player being the new face in this stage of his career, and what do you mean no lobs, we throw lobs to Tyson and Brandan all the time.

You haven't noticed that he wants to take a secondary role and doesn't want to do the bulk of the scoring every night?

Dirk has definitely taken a backseat but I'm guessing he thought he was taking a back seat to get more than what he got. Admittedly the Mavs had straight up bad luck with some of the moves that they did make(Rondo).

Free agent Corey Brewer has agreed to a three-year, $24 million deal to return to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

ESPN sources say Corey Brewer has spurned richer offer from Sacramento Kings to stay in Houston on a three-year deal in excess of $23 mil

HAHAHAHA Kings please. The Sacramento Kings of Comedy indeed.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is there anything actually stopping the Kings from reneging on their deal with the Sixers? Because they really should at this point.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Yes, but unfortunately they wanted Kobe too as well.

Kobe spoke for about three minutes in the presentation, said he envisioned LaMarcus Aldridge working with him the same way Pau Gasol did.

Not exactly a bad point, but definitely not the right thing to say in that context. It just makes me wonder what would have happened if the Chris Paul trade had gone through.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 23s23 seconds ago
Patrick Beverley has agreed to a four-year, $25M deal to return to Houston, agent Kevin Bradbury tells Yahoo Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 23s23 seconds ago
Patrick Beverley has agreed to a four-year, $25M deal to return to Houston, agent Kevin Bradbury tells Yahoo Sports.

Wow. I swear I thought the Kings would actually get him signed. That is great money deal for Beverley. Beverley used his talks with the Kings to get re-signed by Houston.

Top Bottom