• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Rajon Rondo to Sacto, one year, $10 million, I'm told. - Sam Amick

This will end well.

Edit:

"Update on the Rajon Rondo to Sac deal: being told its $9.5 million. They get their guy."

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
THANK YOU JESUS. NO RONDO BULLSHIT.

Now hopefully Amare and Lee can get picked up before the Lakers go full stupid. I don't believe for a second that we've seen this FO's final stupid form just yet unfortunately.

jbug617

Banned
Guys guess what every team thinks they are going to get Durant. We already had Woj saying the Clippers can go after him.
@ChrisMannixSI: With DeAndre Jordan on board, Mavs now believe they can be a significant player for the biggest free agent prize next summer: Kevin Durant

CJBsCr7UsAAcQJY.jpg:large

That's the walk of a man who's full having eaten way too many free meals the last 2 days.

ViciousDS

Banned
Guys guess what every team thinks they are going to get Durant. We already had Woj saying the Clippers can go after him.

Lakersretardedfrontoffice said:
we believe we can get durant to play with Kobe next year, and Chris Paul will cry his way to the lakers #believe!

You know it to be true....every team thinks they have a chance.

Malo

Banned
A Center with no offensive skills is going to be a top recruiter?
Tim MacMahon ✔@espn_macmahon
Mark Cuban on The Ticket: "We told [DeAndre Jordan] that you'e capable of being a 20-20 guy. You're just not being given the opportunity."
7:29 PM - 3 Jul 2015

Lol

Tim MacMahon ✔@espn_macmahon
Mark Cuban on The Ticket: "We told [DeAndre Jordan] that you'e capable of being a 20-20 guy. You're just not being given the opportunity."
7:29 PM - 3 Jul 2015

Lol
That's fucking crazy

Do the Mavs really think that DeAndre Jordan can create his own offense??? He's pretty much Tyson Chandler 2.0 at this point without a pg to feed him dunks

IIRC the Mavs turned around Tyson's free-throw shooting from like high 50% to a solid 70 something. I bet Dirk told DJ that Holger is gonna work with him or something.

Rajon Rondo to Sacto, one year, $10 million, I'm told. - Sam Amick

This will end well.

Edit:

"Update on the Rajon Rondo to Sac deal: being told its $9.5 million. They get their guy."

I want to watch this team every night. Rudy and DeMarcus and now Rondo. Karl on the sidelines. Its like The Wire meets Modern Family.

Ainge the God should have got rondo back for the laughs

If KD doesn't at least get to the western conference finals I can see him leave for a 1/2 year deal to the Wizards
He going home bros

The only way I see Durant leaving OKC is if Donovan turns out to be a complete abject failure.

Agreed, and if they can add a third piece, just a second tier superstar, or of course even better than that, they are serious title contenders.

I dont understand the obsession with KD leaving, its not gonna happen (unless like you said, Donovan hugely disappoints).

Imagine if OKC added a demarre or millsap type of player. That's a top 3 team right there.

Agreed, and if they can add a third piece, just a second tier superstar, or of course even better than that, they are serious title contenders.

I dont understand the obsession with KD leaving, its not gonna happen (unless like you said, Donovan hugely disappoints).

Imagine if OKC added a demarre or millsap type of player. That's a top 3 team right there.

Well Ibaka is supposed to be that third piece and he's definitely capable of it. He was injured last year but OKC needs to decide on what they want him to be exactly. Having him sit outside the arc waiting to knock a 3 completely screws up the floor spacing.

edit: Also I have no idea wtf OKC is thinking if the rumors about them giving Kanter a big deal are true. He's a nice additional piece but it's not worth it giving him a big deal when you got Adams and Ibaka.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Kanter has value to some teams because hes a good offensive player but its not like OKC needed any more offense. Only one basketball on the court, really its like half a basketball on the court when you got Westbrook running the show.

Kanter has value to some teams because hes a good offensive player but its not like OKC needed any more offense. Only one basketball on the court, really its like half a basketball on the court when you got Westbrook running the show.

We desperately needed bench scoring which he brings. The only other thing we need we need is a solid 3 and D guy and we'd probably be favorites to win it all this year.

I also don't mind Ibaka on the 3 point line as it gives Westbrook an easier lane to drive or more room to post up smaller guards.

Gigglepoo

I'm imagining you will have a three way sign and trade between Indiana (hibbert), Dallas (Ellis) and LAC (Deandre Jordan)

Ew. I'd rather the Pacers sign Ellis outright and hold on to Hibbert. Why not? It's not like Myles Turner is going to be ready immediately. He's under contract for another year, no reason to dump him for no reason.

^^ 4 years / 64 million for Harris w/Orlando.

Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 2m2 minutes ago
Tobias Harris agreed on a four-year, $64 million deal with Orlando, league sources tell RealGM.

Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 4m4 minutes ago
Orlando restricted free agent Tobias Harris has reached agreement on a deal to re-sign with the Magic, league sources tell RealGM.

At this point I know we're not getting LA but I'm so sick of these negative articles, I would love if he miraculously chose LA

You may be entering a period of what I as a Dallas Cowboys fan called "The Dark Times"
Constant mediocrity but never irrelevant in terms of media presence to remind you of that mediocrity.

random25

I'm a bit late to the news but...really good signing for the Pacers! Monta should really help with the scoring woes of the team, and with PG coming back, slowly but surely we'll be coming back for contention.

Bill Simmons ✔@BillSimmons
"I'm so torn. Door A: 2 combo guards + Chandler on a franchise w/ 0 titles. Door B: the Spurs + Duncan passing me the torch." I mean - what?
10:16 PM - 3 Jul 2015

Bill Simmons ✔@BillSimmons
"I'm so torn. Door A: 2 combo guards + Chandler on a franchise w/ 0 titles. Door B: the Spurs + Duncan passing me the torch." I mean - what?
10:16 PM - 3 Jul 2015

The Donkey of the last half decade goes to Brian Colangelo, who should've drafted him back in 2006.

#WeTheSad

Cool I guess. Dont hate it or love it. Dont think there are any other FAs left in the market that are decent. Solid offseason, glad we didn't do some BS like Bargnani 2.0 or something.

I was hoping for Lin :( Likely he ends up with the Mavs.

Out of curiosity why does anyone want Lin? His stats weren't that bad but he looked god awful whenever I saw him playing with the Lakers last year.

On De'Andre though, he actually has some pretty good post up moves, he just rarely gets a chance to use them.

Also does his mom live in Dallas? She was hanging around one of the post game interviews last season when the Clips were playing in Dallas.

edit: lol DeAndre has a pretty great sense of humor, video of an interview on him after his first ever made jumpshot in the NBA https://youtu.be/sSuQ5dYhcHI?t=15

Also do you still have that reporter Clippers fans?

Out of curiosity why does anyone want Lin? His stats weren't that bad but he looked god awful whenever I saw him playing with the Lakers last year.

On De'Andre though, he actually has some pretty good post up moves, he just rarely gets a chance to use them.

Also does his mom live in Dallas? She was hanging around one of the post game interviews last season when the Clips were playing in Dallas.

If we can get him for cheap, that'd be cool. I think he would be a solid backup PG. There's a rumor that Knicks already reached out to him so Phil probably thinks he would do well in the triangle.

HabeeNo

Cool I guess. Dont hate it or love it. Dont think there are any other FAs left in the market that are decent. Solid offseason, glad we didn't do some BS like Bargnani 2.0 or something.

I was hoping for Lin :( Likely he ends up with the Mavs.

Agreed with this being a solid offseason
unlike the Lakers lel

Given our lack of assets, and bad contracts (Bargs & Calderon to a certain extent), I'm kinda happy the Knicks didn't overpay anybody like they would do a couple of years back

Top Bottom