• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

@WojYahooNBA

Free agent LaMarcus Aldridge will sign with the San Antonio Spurs, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

BOOM

After he was practically holding hands with Pop walking down the street yesterday, that's no shock. Would have been fun to see him on the Suns, but this was probably his best choice.

Kronotech

Suns don't do well with 4th of July. We trade Steve Nash on 4th of July and lose out on LMA on 4th of July. I hate this holiday.

Spurs are aggressively pursuing free agent David West with a veteran minimum offer now, sources tell Yahoo Sports.

tumblr_lw8vh481mL1qdk87d.gif

Cheebo

Banned
Pop said he is not going to retire anytime soon now, plans to coach all 5 years of his contract he signed last year.

4 more years of Pop coaching the Spurs.

Ronin Ray

Spurs need a back up center and a true center. anyway they can trade for Roy hibbert since he's contract is only for one year ?

Champagne

Banned
Pop said he is not going to retire anytime soon now, plans to coach all 5 years of his contract he signed last year.

yeah there was no way in hell aldridge was signing without some sort of verbal guarantee that pop would coach for at least the duration of his contract

bender

What time is it?

That answers my biggest question. Congrats to LMA and the Spurs.

Champagne

Banned
Yes Cavs save us. David West would be huge pickup for them.
west always struck me as the sorta dude that does not like lbj enough to join him like that, which is why I suspect the Cavs weren't originally in talks for getting him, but who knows how much he really does want that chip..

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Ptown resident and Blazers fan here,

Anybody know why we have trouble signing free agents from an over all NBA player perspective? I guess it's all down to Aldridge just wanting to leave this year but I never thought going into the summer that we'd lost all our starters. We woulda been second or third in the west if we didn't have so many injuries so I thought everyone would want to re-sign.

As a fan I wanted to see the team go further than first round of the playoffs but on the other hand it will be exciting to see a new team grow. The only high note about all this was at the end of the Memphis series when we put in McCollum and Leonard and they started to blow shit up for a minute. We still got them at least so I wanna watch them get more minutes. With all these new young fast ass dudes on the team it seems like Olshey wasn't happy with the Memphis blowout and wants to outrun that defense.

This Aldridge drama has been entertaining the fuck outta me though. I wish he would stay and take the money. Always take the money.

I think honestly it all comes down to Wes. Olshey and the team obviously didn't think that Wes was going to be worth $15 million and 4 years coming off an Achilles.. and I sorta agree.. I love Wes, but that's one of the hardest injuries to ever come back from and be the same.

So you lose one huge key person, and it dominoes... LA was always gonna listen to pitches in FA.. but the Wes injury changed what coming back to Portland meant.. it was a slight rebuild again.. and he knew also next year even if we kept Batum instead of trading him that Batum was gonna walk as we weren't gonna pay him what he think's he's worth.

It came down to winning. If Portland was healthy coming into this year, then maybe he stays.. but we weren't.. We weren't going to pay Wes, notice how you never even heard of that talk? So without Wes, LA was more likely to walk.. if LA walks.. why overpay for RoLo?

Tear it down, start over.. sad.. but Wes is the reason.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Money >>> chips

I don't disagree but he's also 34/35 years old near the end of his career.

Winning a championship at this point sometimes trumps that when they've had a long career and didn't blow their money.

Besides 1 year to go for it with the Spurs and then try to sucker someone into giving him a "big" contract to finish off his career could still happen.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Why do I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach that the Lakers FO is still waiting for Aldridge to call them....

Koufos is still available btw, Lakers. You should, ya know, do your fucking jobs competently and fucking sign him immediately, seeing as we have a glaring hole in that position right now, instead of just sitting on your asses. You've embarrassed yourselves enough for one off-season, now do your fucking jobs one time, please.

Lakers didn't even contact Tobias apparently. *sigh* I don't even know anymore man

smurfx

get some go again
Why do I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach that the Lakers FO is still waiting for Aldridge to call them....

Koufos is still available btw, Lakers. You should, ya know, do your fucking jobs competently and fucking sign him immediately, seeing as we have a glaring hole in that position right now, instead of just sitting on your asses. You've embarrassed yourselves enough for one off-season, now do your fucking jobs one time, please.

Lakers didn't even contact Tobias apparently. *sigh* I don't even know anymore man
aldridge said on twitter he is signing with the spurs.

Top Bottom