• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

lebron-sad-face.jpg

Somewhere in Cleveland, someone has been put on suicide watch.

It will be pretty cool if Lebron and Duncan could potentially meet for a 4th time in the finals, with Duncan currently holding the 2-1 edge

ViciousDS

Banned
It would be kind of crazy that Lebron and Duncan could potentially meet for a 4th time in the finals, with Duncan currently holding the 2-1 edge

Sounds like a wwe match lol.

Lebron - "We will do it for the fans this one last time, to finally show them who really deserves to be champions"

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
aldridge said on twitter he is signing with the spurs.
I know this. You know this. The world knows this. Unfortunately, the Lakers FO doesn't deal in reality.

Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner:
Pacers have called Mavericks about possible S/T with center Roy Hibbert involving Monta Ellis, Clippers and DeAndre Jordan, sources.
And there goes our back up plan to the back ups back up plan.

Watch us get Lee or Amare or some shit. Ahahahaha

Subitai

It will be pretty cool if Lebron and Duncan could potentially meet for a 4th time in the finals, with Duncan currently holding the 2-1 edge
It will be more like Kawhi making him wince again.
lebronkawhi.gif

Allen bailed LeBron out of that series, or Kawhi would be 2-0.

Cheebo

Banned
Why do all these players want to stay in the West? East is more wide open for success
Because there really isn't any room to compete with Cavs right now at all. Will take a lot more than a few FA moves now that Cavs locked in all their main guys. We will likely have our 6th year in a row with the Lebron East team in the finals.

I doubt we will see much change in the east being the Lebron show till he begins his decline due to age.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
So it's down to Koufus and Hibbert... I would more than gladly take either, Which means the Lakers FO will pass/run out of time on both.

We're going to end up paying Hill or signing Amare/Lee to play center. lol Watch it fucking happen...

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
As a longtime Blazers fan, I am so relieved LMA went to the Spurs. Once it was reported that Olshey couldn't lure Monroe, the writing was on the wall. LaMarcus deserves more than a perennial middling playoff team, and he chose the perfect destination. In the few times I've met LMA, he's exhibited nothing but class and he deserves any and all success awaiting him.

MPW

lol so who is left for lakers to get that is decent?

spurs just became favourites to win it all next season after getting LA

Well there it is.

I'm done, gonna go to the gym. F u Jim Jeanie and Mitch.

after i read how bad the first meeting went, i knew lakers had no chance of getting him

lol so who is left for lakers to get that is decent?

spurs just became favourites to win it all next season after getting LA

after i read how bad the first meeting went, i knew lakers had no chance of getting him

Warriors still crunched both Portland & Spurs.

can't wait to watch them crunch the both of 'em at once.

#fuckbriancolangelo

zychi

Banned
Lakers will start getting free agents when Kobe retires and they don't have to deal with him or his bloated salary.

Kobe isn't the problem. It's the terrible front office. Instead of selling the team they sell,"You could live in LA!"

You can live in LA and still play for a different team, who btw is currently better

harSon

Banned
Kobe isn't the problem. It's the terrible front office. Instead of selling the team they sell,"You could live in LA!"

You can live in LA and still play for a different team, who btw is currently better

Kobe's definitely the problem. It's not so much Kobe, as it is his massive contract. It's going to take more than one max contract type of player to make the Lakers serviceable, and nobody is willing to take the plunge by themselves in hopes that the team turns it around in the near future. The only way they're going to land free agents is if they do a Cleveland type deal where they're luring in multiple free agents in one go, and transforming themselves from zeroes to heroes over night. I don't blame anyone for not coming this year, because the Lakers ain't shit until next season at the earliest.

zychi

Banned
Kobe's definitely the problem. It's not so much Kobe, as it is his massive contract. It's going to take more than one max contract type of player to make the Lakers serviceable, and nobody is willing to take the plunge by themselves in hopes that the team turns it around in the near future. The only way they're going to land free agents is if they do a Cleveland type deal where they're luring in multiple free agents in one go, and transforming themselves from zeroes to heroes over night. I don't blame anyone for not coming this year, because the Lakers ain't shit until next season at the earliest.

Again, it's not Kobe's fault. The front office has no idea how to pitch to the FAs. They've never had to do it. Shaq was a trade, Gasol was a trade.

Everyone knows Kobe is selfish and not as good as he used to be. The issue is the idiots running the front office. The Bulls used to be the same way, and somehow have managed Gasol and a few decent PGs over the last few years

Again, it's not Kobe's fault. The front office has no idea how to pitch to the FAs. They've never had to do it. Shaq was a trade, Gasol was a trade.

Everyone knows Kobe is selfish and not as good as he used to be. The issue is the idiots running the front office. The Bulls used to be the same way, and somehow have managed Gasol and a few decent PGs over the last few years

Shaq wasn't a trade but that was Jerry west.

harSon

Banned

It's technically the front offices fault, but only because they gave Kobe the contract they did. There's no front office that could pitch the Lakers current situation in such a way to snatch up free agents. How are you going to pitch having a team where you have an aged injury prone headstrong has been who believes he's still in his prime years and the centerpiece of the team, the core of your team consisting of what amounts to be 2-3 rookies, only enough money for one max contract - and not enough salary cap to flesh out a team behind that. How the hell do you sell that to someone?

Top Bottom