• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Varejao is also another one of "LeBron's boys" , and the only Cavs member that was actually in Cleveland that's still here from their first run, so it's doubtful LeBron would want him gone, even with that bad contract.

I mean, yeah the Cavs were pretty damn lethal when Healthy and could have possibly beaten the Warriors if they were at full strengh, but keeping guys like Varejao off limits and bending to his will to give TT near-max numbers really doesn't help the team too much going forward.

Yeah, but amazingly, the east has gotten weaker this year. Short of injuries or a massive surprise, Cleveland should dominate for the next 2, maybe 3 years, before all these terrible contracts and quasi-GM Lebron really hurt them.

Cavs really going to have a frontcourt consisting of Love, Mosgov, TT, Varejao, and West. How do you get minutes for all those guys? Love could play some small forward but still. I would try to move Varejao if possible attach a 1st rounder if need be.

Cavs really going to have a frontcourt consisting of Love, Mosgov, TT, Varejao, and West. How do you get minutes for all those guys?

I doubt Varejao's gonna play much - if not because of a new injury, because of all his existing injuries

(in that case West would get most of his minutes and he'd play the role of a victory cigar)

t26

Efo4iQX.jpg

Cavs really going to have a frontcourt consisting of Love, Mosgov, TT, Varejao, and West. How do you get minutes for all those guys? Love could play some small forward but still. I would try to move Varejao if possible attach a 1st rounder if need be.

Varajao yearly injury will take care of that for them.

Varajao yearly injury will take care of that for them.

basically.

or, if they get enough decent players they can do a Spurs/Warriors thing where guys don't get taxed 40 minutes a game because they have enough talent to get guys *real* rest.

still want a PG or SF and at 80 mill+, I'd rather they let TT walk. we'll see what happens soon enough.

I will say I love David West. He's one of those rough riders. Always shows up to play and plays hard. And he can play on both ends. I hope we can get him. Figure out the minutes later.

doubt he will

I'm interested in the inevitable 30 for 30 on Roy Hibbert and the rise & fall of his all-star career. We thought he was going to be the fucking TRUTH and he was for awhile. Then *something* happened and he's never been the same. Maybe Delonte got at his moms too?

still want a PG or SF and at 80 mill+, I'd rather they let TT walk. we'll see what happens soon enough.

Why? It's not your money, they can't spend it on anyone else, and he's an offensive rebounding machine. 16 million per year for that might seem high, but we've seen a dude coming off a torn achilles get offered 16 million per year and turn it down -- the market is high priced at the moment. Plus, it's still not your money. If there's a logjam, Thompson would be tradeable, there's always a team looking for energy and rebounding and short of that there's the Knicks.

ViciousDS

Banned
Clips can't get koufos now? Ouch, clippers really are going to have Mr. shaqtinafool as there starter center aren't they? Doc is going to have javale motherfucking McGee as a starter hahahaha

Despite the good offseason the Mavs have had I'm kind of pissed Felton opted in......

That clown is taking up 4 million in cap space.
beli.png

i recall jim buss making this statement about stepping down when Phil Jackson left the Lakers which I believe was 2 years ago? just basing this off an assumption and hoping its true?

ViciousDS

Banned
It is said that the Mavericks could waive-and-stretch Felton's contract if they get a commitment from Lin to create a salary slot of $2.6 million.

I'm actually hoping Lin signs with my bulls. Linsanity would work great in the new offense with shooters such as McDermott and mirotic.

Varejao is also another one of "LeBron's boys" , and the only Cavs member that was actually in Cleveland that's still here from their first run, so it's doubtful LeBron would want him gone, even with that bad contract.

I mean, yeah the Cavs were pretty damn lethal when Healthy and could have possibly beaten the Warriors if they were at full strengh, but keeping guys like Varejao off limits and bending to his will to give TT near-max numbers really doesn't help the team too much going forward.

LeBron thinks James Jones should get playing minutes. Keep that in mind.

lol I love how like 6 of us all mentioned Varejao will likely have an injury at some point
starting with me :p
So I still think West would be a great pickup. Although how many guys would Blatt actually play?

As for James Jones, he actually performed pretty decently in the playoffs. more so than Mike Miller who already opted in. Wonder if JJ will come back.

Was just about to say lol. Love the dude's hustle, but it feels like he's always injured.

Cavs also need bench help in the backcourt for when Kyrie gets injured.

Mo Williams seems most likely, or maybe Stuckey, and I'd be ok with either and Delly.

I'm actually hoping Lin signs with my bulls. Linsanity would work great in the new offense with shooters such as McDermott and mirotic.

Jeremy Lin's turnovers tho....
why.png

Personally I'd love to see Calderon back on the Mavs, he worked well with Carlisle's system. He wasn't flashy but he protects the ball, has a consistent 3pt shot, he can finish in transition and hit his FT.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Wow. The Lakers actually did something mildly competent.

Hopefully Hibbert rejoices in a new change of scenery and plays for a new contract in his last year of his current one.

I'm gonna shit a brick if Scott tries to build an offense around this dude though, ya know, with his old school basketball mentality bullshit. Hibbert should be nothing but a rim protector/anchor and not a damn thing more than that. Jim Buss is 0/3 on his coaching hires....

Now if only we could somehow manage to trade Kelly/Young for a serviceable starting 3/D small forward. Com on, Mitch, your strengths clearly lie in trades, do your thing one more time.

Holy crap, you guys hear about that rumor that Ainge offered Riles four future 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders for Winslow and was still turned down.....

SCChappy

Banned
lol I love how like 6 of us all mentioned Varejao will likely have an injury at some point
starting with me :p
So I still think West would be a great pickup. Although how many guys would Blatt actually play?

As for James Jones, he actually performed pretty decently in the playoffs. more so than Mike Miller who already opted in. Wonder if JJ will come back.

Mo Williams seems most likely, or maybe Stuckey, and I'd be ok with either and Delly.

i think mo williams would be a pretty good fit as a backup there

Holy crap, you guys hear about that rumor that Ainge offered Riles four future 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders for Winslow and was still turned down.....

jesus
i dont think i believe that

ViciousDS

Banned
Jeremy Lin's turnovers tho....
why.png

Personally I'd love to see Calderon back on the Mavs, he worked well with Carlisle's system. He wasn't flashy but he protects the ball, has a consistent 3pt shot, he can finish in transition and hit his FT.

Turnovers? Lol, you realize Lin isn't that bad right? Hell he beats Lebron in assists to turnovers! Lin also blows rose out of the water at passing.

NiYhRJM.jpg

IRy5sut.jpg

jEjlj00.jpg

Believe me, I'm not a huge fan but he would be better feeding the ball to our shooters than rose. Rose tries to ISO dribble his way to score and he's an ugly, uuuggglllyyyy dribbler.

Seems like Boogie is going to be playing some 4. Should be interesting.

looks like it, and Boogie has said he prefers the PF position If I remember correctly. This is the 9 man rotation I'd like the Kings to use regularly:

Starters

Rondo
Mclemore
Gay
Cousins
Koufus

Bench:

Collison
Bellineli
Casspi
WCS

Edit:

Looking at D-Rose stats. Hope he can get back to his 20PPG days.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Again is this year 1 or 2 of Jim Buss's rebuild plan?

Year 1 of 3. They are already getting the essential pieces needed to build up the franchise and grow. I think they need to realize that they aren't going to be able to quick fix their current situation with a big and think it's going to help them make a deep run. I'm predicting the Lakers won't get anywhere near the playoffs until at least next season where they can get another shot at a decent FA/Draft. Lakers are shopping around for a solution they can use to tank again and move on. Hibbert is that solution.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Congrats Spurs on getting LMA. The West is going to be a gladiator arena.

GM LeBron would be a lot better if he also wasn't sports agent LeBron and coach LeBron. Too many conflicts of interest where one hat beats out the other.

Dear Rip City, Thank you!

Those two words on a page don't begin to express the gratitude I have for the opportunity the entire Trail Blazers organization, my teammates, the media, and you fans gave me. The past nine years have been a blessing, and I will take all of the valuable memories with me as I head back home.

As I'm sure you can respect, my decision was a very personal one but not one I took lightly. Although I will be wearing a different uniform the next time I come back to Portland, please know that I will always hold my time in a Blazers uniform near and dear to my heart.

Your friend, LA

LA with that boiler plate letter to Blazers fans.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 6m6 minutes ago

ESPN sources say Nick Van Exel is scheduled to be introduced as head coach of the D-League's @TexasLegends this week ... as early as Tuesday

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

Free agent guard Lou Williams has agreed to a deal with the Lakers, league source tells Yahoo.

Going to miss Lou Williams. His offensive performances were fun to watch. With Nick Young and Lou Williams, Lakers looking like the 76ers out there.

Top Bottom