• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Good for Lou.

Writing looked like it was on the wall with more emphasis on defense so far this offseason.

I'll miss him though.

Good for Lou.

Writing looked like it was on the wall with more emphasis on defense so far this offseason.

I'll miss him though.

Good player but contract year. And didn't do anything in the playoffs. So not all bad. Rather the Raps use the cap space to address more immediate needs.

Even if Lou came back there's no way he'd put up the same numbers after getting a big payday.

Lol KB + Lou + Swaggy. How will Hibbert get his 8 points a game if nobody passes him the ball?

Going to miss Lou Williams. His offensive performances were fun to watch. With Nick Young and Lou Williams, Lakers looking like the 76ers out there.

Gonna miss Lou. Raps just lost a lot of bench scoring. I wonder what else the Raps are gonna do. With no GV and no Lou who is going to provide the scoring for the bench?

Lou Williams is a nice pick up at that money. Doesn't hurt the cap too much going forward and allows us to still maintain flexibility. Ideally a 6th man scorer off the bench. Would love it if we could somehow unload Swaggy now. Maybe the Kings will take him for a 2nd round pick or something?

About that Josh Smith and Rudy Gay snapchat pic.

Josh Smith, Rondo, DmC, and Rudy Gay.

That is 4 dudes that want the ball in their hands. WTF are the Kings doing? Truly a circus. I guess they want to speed up the construction of the new arena with the bricks that are about to be shot by those players.

Mozgov and TT's ability to play C makes Andy pretty irrelevant. I'm not the biggest fan of Joe Johnson but since they are destroying the cap anyway and money doesn't matter, the Cavs probably need a backcourt playmaker more than they need another big on the bench.

Random thought since I'm watching summer league: these Blake Griffin Kia commercials have always been terrible. If anything, they actively contribute to making him unlikable.

Enker

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13202763/cleveland-cavaliers-interested-joe-johnson-brooklyn-nets

Reportedly Cavs want to trade varejao and Haywood for Joe Johnson if they can land David West. That'd be an awesome pick up.

If only the Nets still had this year’s draft pick...Lopez deserves to be on a good team for once.

The plus side is that Hollins would have to finally pound the ball inside instead of iso-Joe.

Joe’s better at this point in his career then Shaq was, cut them checks Gilbert.

Gigglepoo

Why would Brooklyn agree to that deal? This is Joe Johnson's last year under contract. They gain nothing by tanking and they gain nothing but getting rid of a good player for trash. Makes no sense.

kcxiv

He shut down Klay Thompson in the finals?

Not sure about Lou on the Lakers, feels like a we want to win now move...

Why swhouldnt they win now move. Lakers have no draft pick next year, this team isnt going to have the 3rd worst record in the league. Lakers are better off doing all they possibly can to get to the play offs. Im not saying they are going to make it now, West is deep, but you gotta try now. There is no more tanking for them.

Why swhouldnt they win now move. Lakers have no draft pick next year, this team isnt going to have the 3rd worst record in the league. Lakers are better off doing all they possibly can to get to the play offs. Im not saying they are going to make it now, West is deep, but you gotta try now. There is no more tanking for them.

This team has a better shot of being the third worst in the league than making the playoffs in the west.

CJLsYC0W8AQ8m-K.png

Help.

zychi

Banned
I love the Laker fans who think these signings were "great" and the team will be a playoff team next year.

Come back to reality bros

I love the Laker fans who think these signings were "great" and the team will be a playoff team next year.

Come back to reality bros

I think the signings/trades weren't bad in context, but yeah this is a bottom of the barrel team again next year. Remember, we still have no idea what to expect from Russell, Randle and 2nd year Clarkson. Hell it's entirely possible they could all live up to the promise and we're still terrible. By all accounts Andrew Wiggins had an awesome rookie year and lived up to the hype and it wasn't enough to stop his team from being the worst in the league. The goal for next year for LA is just to see progress from the young guys. Whether that is done by winning 20 games or 35 games is largely irrelevant.

zychi

Banned
I think the signings/trades weren't bad in context, but yeah this is a bottom of the barrel team again next year. Remember, we still have no idea what to expect from Russell, Randle and 2nd year Clarkson. Hell it's entirely possible they could all live up to the promise and we're still terrible. By all accounts Andrew Wiggins had an awesome rookie year and lived up to the hype and it wasn't enough to stop his team from being the worst in the league. The goal for next year for LA is just to see progress from the young guys. Whether that is done by winning 20 games or 35 games is largely irrelevant.
You guys may end up in 9th in the west, but the West is just too good. If you were in the East you may be able to sneak in

You guys may end up in 9th in the west, but the West is just too good. If you were in the East you may be able to sneak in

I think that severely underestimates the learning curve young guys have in this league. Even if the young guys play well, they are still largely rookies. Rookies playing on a flawed roster for a mediocre at best head coach. People said I was crazy when I said the Lakers would be one of the worst teams in the league last year, they are much closer to a 20 win team than a 40 win team next season.

kcxiv

This team has a better shot of being the third worst in the league than making the playoffs in the west.
There is no way they will be worse then this year. Its damned near impossible. Barring something catastrophic. naw, will they be a lottery team? more then likely, but top 3? nope nope nope.

lol Houston fans better start getting into panic mode... Harden looks like he's been gaining weight from those latest TMZ photos
holeup.png

Dudes gonna show up out of shape looking like Raymond Felton with a beer belly and shit..

lol Houston fans better start getting into panic mode... Harden looks like he's been gaining weight from those latest TMZ photos
holeup.png

Dudes gonna show up out of shape looking like Raymond Felton with a beer belly and shit..

Havent you heard he is apparently dating a Kardashian. Khloe. That turns out well for athletes.

Little indifferent on the potential Joe Johnson deal. Makes me think the pickings are pretty slim for that Haywood contract.

No one can contest that West and JJ would be a nice influx of talent, but they're likely just one year players with CLE, and I'd rather get a young promising player, or some picks for more ammunition to keep reloading as this team goes forward.

I also don't think they'd get rid of Varejao, he is in Mike Miller territory to LeBron. Although, if he could give a back door guarantee that he'd get bought out later in the season and come back, then maybe.

Top Bottom