• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That Reggie Jackson contract... is something. I thought any 5 year deal at this point was a smart move for teams but Reggie Jackson not so much.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Kobe is broken goods by now. Byron Scott is a terrible coach. Russell and Randle will probably turn out good but they're both really young and one is coming back from season ending injury. Clarkson was a good find. Hibbert is a dice roll. Williams and Bass are fine role players. Too many question marks.
I see them playing better team ball after Kobe's inevitable injury but those kids are going through a lot of learning around a bad coach and the roleplayers aren't winning games against West superstars.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Having no option years on the deal is a good thing. He closed out last season super strong. Stan is making the bet that the last 30 games he had last year were for real and if its the case locking him up now for 5 years is smarter than a short term deal and then having to pay him more money down the road (if they can even keep him).

Again it comes down to the issue of cap space not being worth shit if you can't get guys to sign. They can have lots of cap space next year but might not be able to get anyone with it. The only issue with this contract is who the fuck were they actually bidding against? The risk of him taking the qualifying offer? They did get burned by that with Monroe but still.

h1nch

Man I'll miss CoJo. Dude isn't particularly talented, but he worked his ass off and turned himself into a respectable backup PG.

Lord have mercy at the money the NBA is throwing around. f I ever have a son he's going to be in the gym shooting 3000 3 pointers a day from the time he's like 5.

I think Chris Broussard might be the first to have a piece of Free Agency news for once.

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 2m2 minutes ago
Sources: Cory Joseph and the Toronto Raptors have agreed to a 4-year year deal worth $30 million

Reggie Jackson was restricted too? Wouldn't it have made sense to let him shop around for a deal (which almost certainly would have been less than 5/$80, whit he fuck else is giving him that?) and just match it?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Reggie Jackson was restricted too? Wouldn't it have made sense to let him shop around for a deal (which almost certainly would have been less than 5/$80, whit he fuck else is giving him that?) and just match it?

Were probably scared he would just take the QO like Monroe did last offseason. But still seems like a bad overpay either way.

zychi

Banned
I think Chris Broussard might be the first to have a piece of Free Agency news for once.

Sources: Cory Joseph and the Toronto Raptors have agreed to a 4-year year deal worth $30 million

Everyone else took the night off after US won. Everyone gotta eat once in awhile

Fill me in RaptorsGAF is this a bad signing/too much? I'm usually in NHLGAF most of the time. I'm trying to balance both sports to watch next season.

Lord have mercy at the money the NBA is throwing around. f I ever have a son he's going to be in the gym shooting 3000 3 pointers a day from the time he's like 5.

I'm just gonna keep popping out kids until one of them grows to be 7'.

All he'd basically have to do is exist and then bam $100m+ contract.

Fill me in RaptorsGAF is this a bad signing/too much? I'm usually in NHLGAF most of the time. I'm trying to balance both sports to watch next season.

This is an overpay for the current salary cap but next year when cap goes up to like 100 mil or whatever this will look fair bargain deal. Problem is Raps with this deal basically got rid of what little cap space remaining and we still don't have a starting PF. I hope we could trade for Kenneth Faried. Some of the fanbase believe they could have just kept Lou Williams. I don't blame them for thinking that necessarily since Lou Williams was signed recently to a fairly cheap deal as well.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This is an overpay for the current salary cap but next year when cap goes up to like 100 mil or whatever this will look fair bargain deal. Problem is Raps with this deal basically got rid of what little cap space remaining and we still don't have a starting PF. I hope we could trade for Kenneth Faried. Some of the fanbase believe they could have just kept Lou Williams. I don't blame them for thinking that necessarily since Lou Williams was signed recently to a fairly cheap deal as well.

Let's wait and see before we examine this.

Masai has seemed smart enough to realize we have to fix the defense, I don't think he'd somehow do all this and forget to get us some rebounding.

Either way I got my bitching hat on just in case.

Shit.. Now I know rich Paul isn't called rich for nothing.. Dude getting everyone under him Paiiiiddddd.

Also lmao Pistons straight up giving Reggie 80mil in 5 years.. Such a small sample size as a starter to warrant such money.

Champagne

Banned
I think Joseph will surprise a lot of people next year given a bigger stage/role to play. He's a very solid 2 way guard. A bit of an overpay but the Raps got a good guy with good potential.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Thanks that makes me feel better. Wipes away tears. Come on Cory prove me wrong. Apparently you have potential or something.

I think the signing is fine. Beverley can't shoot, isn't a good PG and his defensive reputation isn't really based in reality. Joseph hasn't really gotten a chance to be anything more than a rotation guy so at least you have some hope there.

Of course the guy could suck and only looked good thanks to Pop so really who knows.

I think the signing is fine. Beverley can't shoot, isn't a good PG and his defensive reputation isn't really based in reality. Joseph hasn't really gotten a chance to be anything more than a rotation guy so at least you have some hope there.

Of course the guy could suck and only looked good thanks to Pop so really who knows.

Oh BTW was going to ask you the Magic fan. Can Aaron Gordon shoot now or something. Dude was shooting 3s... And getting them in summer league

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Its summer league and 1 game. Means jack shit. He was playing against a bunch of guys who will be playing overseas and in the d-league in a few weeks. Summer league doesn't really tell you which guys can play, its just good for telling you which guys can't play.

Top Bottom