• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

So the Lakers got Brandon Bass?

Yup Lakers thought they signed Draymond Green but later found out it was Brandon Bass.
CI2lHZCUYAAcLav.png

Seen this cute joke on Twitter.
Well I honestly thought of it myself. I just googled both their names to find PIC showing both and happened to be a twiiter PIC. Just wanted to throw a dig the Lakers. Honestly, a good signing. Bass can still score with the best of them when he was starting for the Celtics near 2nd half of the season he was putting up double doubles. He can definitely contribute off the Lakers bench. Lakers have a bench need to move Swaggy P seems redundant to have him and Lou Williams who are both ball dominant coming off the bench.

dream

I remember Adam Morrison playing for the Clips' summer league team a few years back and he looked like the goddamn world champion that he is.

zychi

Banned
Is there any legal way to watch NBAtv online? Like with cable credentials? Am I missing it on the site? Or are they behind the times like MLBN?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
ya know, If we can get a SF somehow, this team will go from awful, to not so awful. I'll take that.

I might even have to upgrade the Lakers off season from a D- to a C-.

ya know, If we can get a SF somehow, this team will go from awful, to not so awful. I'll take that.

I might even have to upgrade the Lakers off season from a D- to a C-.

I'm hoping Brown might be able to step into that spot. He's a rook but also a 4 year senior, and he can shoot the lights out.

Brinbe

Masai has lost his damn mind. You don't need to be paying a backup pg 7.5 mil. But we just had to get the token Canadian on the team somehow. SMFH

Never mind that we just drafted a 23-year-old PG that I guess we'll relegate to the d-league or the bench and oh yeah, we don't have a starting caliber PF on this roster right now. Great job, Masai!

For whatever we improve on the defensive end, we'll lose out on offense. Unless DeMar/Lowry are feeling it (and it's not a given since those two are super-inconsistent) we have no one we can rely on to score. This is a disaster.

Masai has lost his damn mind. You don't need to be paying a backup pg 7.5 mil. But we just had to get the token Canadian on the team somehow. SMFH

Never mind that we just drafted a 23-year-old PG that I guess we'll relegate to the d-league or the bench and oh yeah, we don't have a starting caliber PF on this roster right now. Great job, Masai!

For whatever we improve on the defensive end, we'll lose out on offense. Unless DeMar/Lowry are feeling it (and it's not a given since those two are super-inconsistent) we have no one we can rely on to score. This is a disaster.

there are still trades to be made.

Ross & Ridnour gotta go.

Spurs better hope they shore up their depth. I'm not sure Aldridge alone will cover our thinning bench. I really hate losing Joseph.

I think losing Bellinelli is a little understated with his 3pt shot. Hopefully Greens 3pt shooting was just a fluke during the Clippers series cause they can't have that happen again and expect to go deep.

Green: 13-40 3PA
Diaw: 4-18 3PA

Even with a healthy Parker they can't have dudes shooting that poorly at the arc, and I remember a lot of those misses being open looks to.

Brinbe

there are still trades to be made.

Ross & Ridnour gotta go.
Of course, but people online act as if trades are a given. It's easy to just believe that somehow Terrence Jones or whoever is gonna just be easily obtainable but that's not reality. I hope Masai has something cooked up but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Eos

losing belinelli definitely hurts the bench, the guy usually gets some quick points right when he comes on

i don't even want to think about the clippers series lmao, danny g was a fucking wasteman

losing belinelli definitely hurts the bench, the guy usually gets some quick points right when he comes on

i don't even want to think about the clippers series lmao, danny g was a fucking wasteman

And with the loss of Corey Joseph, we definitely have some holes to fill. Hopefully Kyle Anderson can produce a little

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I'm hoping Brown might be able to step into that spot. He's a rook but also a 4 year senior, and he can shoot the lights out.
I seriously doubt they will start two rookies, even if he plays well, because "seniority". Bleh

We went from a team of rooks to a team of vets real quick though. lol. Credit where's it's due. Although, I hope our Rookies get plenty of play time. We're not making the playoffs no matter how hard we play, so we need to focus mainly on development and building a winning attitude amongst the roster.

If our rooks pan out, and Clarkson maintains godliness, I think we contend for a playoff birth in 2016/17 season. Hell, I'll be happy if we're above .500 in 2017 at this juncture.

Subitai

I think Joseph will surprise a lot of people next year given a bigger stage/role to play. He's a very solid 2 way guard. A bit of an overpay but the Raps got a good guy with good potential.
Yup.

I'll miss Joseph and never forget this:
2014-05-2720_10_57.gif

After that, the Spurs stopped fearing Ibaka.

Reggie Jackson was restricted too? Wouldn't it have made sense to let him shop around for a deal (which almost certainly would have been less than 5/$80, whit he fuck else is giving him that?) and just match it?

Knight: 11 games, 13.4 points and 4.5 assists per game with a 10.5 player efficiency rating, according to Basketball Reference. A bum ankle sidelined him at the end of the season.

■ Dragic: 26 games, 16.6 points and 5.3 assists with an 18.8 rating.

■ Jackson: 26 games, 17.6 points and 9.2 assists with a 19.8 rating.

Dragic and Knight set the market & Reggie played better than both. Why let a RFA take the QO for being lowballed? Less over reactions and more paying attention to bball folks

Jarate

Banned
I actually really wanted the Lakers to be bottom 3 in the league again cause this years draft doesnt seem that good. Next year the pick is completely unprotected, so maybe the implosion couldve happened for another year

They'll probably get to 20-25 wins this season though, which should put them in the bottom 6 instead of bottom 3 :|

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Looking at this team now... I don't see how we only win a handful of games more than last year. I don't think people realize just how undermanned and injury plagued we were. Not to mention an overall lack of solid talent.

Our best player last year was a 2nd round rookie who got the green light to do whatever the fuck and he excelled. And we got 21 wins. I doubt Clarkson will even be the 3'rd best player on this team if everyone is healthy and ready to play.

yeah, I'd be pretty surprised if we only win a couple more games than last year, barring a swath of injuries again of course. I'm calling 30-35 absolute max.

So Bron Bron waiting till his boy TT gets signed before he resigns? I mean, it's such a different offseason atmosphere this year knowing that he's just toying with Gilbert than last year, when he was busy wasting Riley's time while the whole market waited for him to make a move.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So Bron Bron waiting till his boy TT gets signed before he resigns? I mean, it's such a different offseason atmosphere this year knowing that he's just toying with Gilbert than last year, when he was busy wasting Riley's time while the whole market waited for him to make a move.

There is 0% chance LBJ doesn't re-sign. 0%. Just imagine if he left again. Would be insane.

Looking at this team now... I don't see how we only win a handful of games more than last year. I don't think people realize just how undermanned and injury plagued we were. Not to mention an overall lack of solid talent.

Our best player last year was a 2nd round rookie who got the green light to do whatever the fuck and he excelled. And we got 21 wins. I doubt Clarkson will even be the 3'rd best player on this team if everyone is healthy and ready to play.

yeah, I'd be pretty surprised if we only win a couple more games than last year, barring a swath of injuries again of course. I'm calling 30-35 absolute max.

You got assets now though. Savvy vets who can be traded at the deadline possibly for a bigger fish. I wouldn't underestimate LAL front office especially if you end up looking like a piece away from making a playoff push

There is 0% chance LBJ doesn't re-sign. 0%. Just imagine if he left again. Would be insane.

yeah, and yet he still has a stupid amount of leverage over Gilbert and co. They're going for that Brooklyn Nets 200 million dollar payroll that is probably going to get stomped by the Spurs in the finals again.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
You got assets now though. Savvy vets who can be traded at the deadline possibly for a bigger fish. I wouldn't underestimate LAL front office especially if you end up looking like a piece away from making a playoff push
I hope we can deal Hibbert, a few of our rooks/sophomores (no Russell), and vets for Cousins somehow.

I hope Hibbert/Randle/Clarkson ball out of their damn minds and Cousins is still unhappy as fuck come winter.

basketball Gods, pls

Hey... Stranger trades have happened in Laker land. You never know.

Let me dream.

Sure but you're talking about a guy the Kings could've had for free/very little and some rookies that haven't done much while not even including the most valuable one. Although maybe the Kings will be enamored with all of the talented vets the Lakers have.

BadAss2961

Cleveland... Could've been loaded with young potential like Minnesota is now (greatly thanks to them), instead they're gonna go deep into the luxury tax for Tristan Thompson. LeBron might not ever even commit to them long term. Dude is high-maintenance as fuck and has everything set up to run that entire organization into the ground if anything were to happen to him. Better win that championship, or they'll end up like the Knicks. Just without the city, hype, and money.

PBY

Banned
Is this the part of the thread where people talk themselves into hope for the new season?

Why yes, yes it is.

Sure.

What is hope though?

IE I'm a heat fan; only realistic hope is to be top 2 in the East for the next 3-4 years. Thats a "best-case" scenario. We're not beating the Cavs.

Cleveland... Could've been loaded with young potential like Minnesota is now (greatly thanks to them), instead they're gonna go deep into the luxury tax for Tristan Thompson. LeBron might not ever even commit to them long term. Dude is high-maintenance as fuck and has everything set up to run that entire organization into the ground if anything were to happen to him. Better win that championship, or they'll end up like the Knicks. Just without the city, hype, and money.

Young potential isn't a goal for any team, it's a means to an end. Cleveland had young potential for the last 4 years, and resigned a few of them who ended up to be great players. Now they're a championship caliber team. They're not reminiscing about their young potential.

So is Chris Paul going to inherit the "nobody wants to play with him!" mantle from Kobe in the media?

No, because Chris Paul will at least pass you the ball and make you look like a million bucks. I love DJ, but dude is overly sensitive if that is what drove him away. He might be the exception, but I think most people would want to play with someone who will help them get theirs.

No, because Chris Paul will at least pass you the ball and make you look like a million bucks. I love DJ, but dude is overly sensitive if that is what drove him away. He might be the exception, but I think most people would want to play with someone who will help them get theirs.
Yeah I'll really miss DJ but he's the only one so far that CP3 has driven away. If Blake leaves, then by all means call him a team killer, but until then, I think it's pretty disingenuous.

Gigglepoo

Doc is the real team killer, CP3 just helped him.

They're both team killers! Get Griffin out of there.

He's a ball-punching punk who has never gotten far in the playoffs. It doesn't matter if he passes; he's so angry that it's no longer fun to play basketball. Loser + angry = bad teammate

Top Bottom