• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

No, because Chris Paul will at least pass you the ball and make you look like a million bucks. I love DJ, but dude is overly sensitive if that is what drove him away. He might be the exception, but I think most people would want to play with someone who will help them get theirs.

I don't know. Drove away a signature FA. Has never attracted a big time FA in his time in NO or LA. Has never had any real playoff success...seems like exactly the kind of narrative shit the #hottakes hungry media would love to spend the summer dissecting.

What does Boozer have left?

6 fouls.

Also, it's fun to watch this Tristan thing going places. His skillset is literally that he's terrific at catching Lebron's inefficient jump shot offensive rebounds and $80 million suddenly isn't enough. Bron Bron just trying to push Gilbert around, wonder how much Gilbert budges on this.

There's worse guys.

Do any of them play in the NBA?

Bovada Championship Odds:

Cleveland Cavaliers 11/4

Golden State Warriors 9/2

San Antonio Spurs 9/2

Oklahoma City Thunder 15/2

Chicago Bulls 16/1

Dallas Mavericks 20/1

Houston Rockets 20/1

Los Angeles Clippers 20/1

Memphis Grizzlies 28/1

Atlanta Hawks 33/1

New Orleans Pelicans 33/1

Indiana Pacers 40/1

Miami Heat 40/1

Toronto Raptors 40/1

Washington Wizards 40/1

Los Angeles Lakers 50/1

Milwaukee Bucks 50/1

Boston Celtics 66/1

Portland Trailblazers 75/1

Detroit Pistons 100/1

Phoenix Suns 100/1

Utah Jazz 100/1

Brooklyn Nets 150/1

Denver Nuggets 150/1

Minnesota Timberwolves 150/1

New York Knicks 150/1

Sacramento Kings 150/1

Charlotte Hornets 250/1

Orlando Magic 250/1

Philadelphia 76ers 250/1

Mxrz

Cavs going to win a championship or go broke trying.

Kyrie, Joe, LeBron, Love/Thompson, Mosgov is pretty legit. That team would pretty much be Johnson's dream job. Sucks to be Varejao.

Cavs going to win a championship or go broke trying.

Kyrie, Joe, LeBron, Love/Thompson, Mosgov is pretty legit. That team would pretty much be Johnson's dream job. Sucks to be Varejao.

I'm genuinely curious what happens with their head coach for next year. I can't see Lu becoming head and then winning the title.

Fjordson

Mr. Strelitz, to you
‏@MatthewStrelitz
@DwyaneWade What is the most important attribute a team needs to become #Champs?

DWade ✔@DwyaneWade
B4 this year..kobe,TimmyD or Me haa.. https://twitter.com/MatthewStrelitz/status/618078991321309188 …

Mead @TommeyM
@DwyaneWade Do you miss LeBron carrying you
11:31 AM - 6 Jul 2015

DWade ✔@DwyaneWade
I haven't been carried since my mother gave birth to me.. https://twitter.com/TommeyM/status/618079737332793344 …

talk that shit Wade
Lmao @ that last one.

BadAss2961

So wait, why would the Nets give Cleveland Joe Johnson again? Haywood can be waived, but there's no moves for Brooklyn to make this season. They're also not going anywhere this season. Joe is off the books in 2016, why move laterally just to help Cleveland win a championship?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So wait, why would the Nets give Cleveland Joe Johnson again? Haywood can be waived, but there's no moves for Brooklyn to make this season. They're also not going anywhere this season. Joe is off the books in 2016, why move laterally just to help Cleveland win a championship?

Pay less in tax this year, I thought?

jbug617

Banned
Spurs are stacked. David West is signing with the Spurs according to DA

@WojYahooNBA: Free agent David West has agreed to a veteran's minimum deal with the Spurs, league source tells Yahoo Sports. @daldridgetnt first reported.

I can't fucking stand the Spurs and their goddamn impressive FA recruitment game. Cuban and Morey gotta be pulling their hair out watching the Spurs get stacked like this.

Hmm, seems West couldn't wait for the Cavs to trade Varejao. They were saying he was pitching himself strongly to the Cavs, but with no trade yet, it didn't make sense to sign west yet.

So, this may even prevent the Cavs from even trading Varejao at all now as suddenly they wouldn't be so deep at those positions anymore.

TT holding the Cavs hostage for Draymond Green money may have really hurt what the Cavs could have done this offseason.

Spurs are stacked. David West is signing with the Spurs according to DA

I can't fucking stand the Spurs and their goddamn impressive FA recruitment game. Cuban and Morey gotta be pulling their hair out watching the Spurs get stacked like this.

Spurs are winning the chip.

David West left 12M on the table to play for a championship at the vet minimum. Sheesh

Spurs roster. Whew.

You go and chase that ring, West.

Again, fuck the Spurs.

gregg-popovich-approved-o.gif

TT holding the Cavs hostage for Draymond Green money may have really hurt what the Cavs could have done this offseason.

Not really. It doesn't matter what they pay Thompson, he's just a cap hold at the moment. Once they sign all the deals they have, it's not like they have cap room anyway. Their only way to acquire players are either on minimum/exemption deals or with tradeable assets, and the amount of money they're paying Thompson (or James, or Love, or Shumpert) doesn't really make much of a difference.

Not really. It doesn't matter what they pay Thompson, he's just a cap hold at the moment. Once they sign all the deals they have, it's not like they have cap room anyway. Their only way to acquire players are either on minimum/exemption deals or with tradeable assets, and the amount of money they're paying Thompson (or James, or Love, or Shumpert) doesn't really make much of a difference.

No, I meant more so the fact they needed to sign Tristan before they could re-sign LeBron (as he's not talking to the Cavs period until he signs), so they could get his "okay" on the trading of Varejao, which would create the need for West, and West couldn't be bothered to wait around.

So, yes, the situation may have ended up hurting the Cavs.

No, I meant more so the fact they needed to sign Tristan before they could re-sign LeBron, so they could get his "okay" on the trading of Varejao. So, yes, the situation may have ended up hurting the Cavs.

I wouldn't make too many assumptions there, either. We had quick word he had agreed to a deal, then someone walked it back. It could very well be posturing, maybe a snag, or maybe it's nothing at all and the deal is done but it's being delayed because "reasons," maybe having to do with still other deals.

Anyway, if I'm LeBron James and (among other things) it's important to me to be the highest paid dude on the team, I'm not sure I'm really excited about trading for 35 year old Joe Johnson anyway. This whole thing might be a smoke screen.

I wouldn't make too many assumptions there, either. We had quick word he had agreed to a deal, then someone walked it back. It could very well be posturing, maybe a snag, or maybe it's nothing at all and the deal is done but it's being delayed because "reasons," maybe having to do with still other deals.

Anyway, if I'm LeBron James and (among other things) it's important to me to be the highest paid dude on the team, I'm not sure I'm really excited about trading for 35 year old Joe Johnson anyway. This whole thing might be a smoke screen.

As the days go by, the Haywood offers dry up and get worse, and FAs get snatched up. So, they're not helping themselves much by not getting TT signed, to get LeBron re-uped to finish shapping the rest of the team this year.

Top Bottom