• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

I don't think Crawford for Haywood work straight up. The Clippers would need to add somebody else, which would further hurt their depth and do nothing for their playoff chances. Haywood only makes sense at this point for a team that isn't looking to make a deep playoff run this year such as the Nets. I don't know who the Cavs would be willing to give up for Crawford, but I really doubt they'd trade Mozgov or even Varejao.

JxELC3Q.jpg

lolz

Whats the new Payoff seeding?

Honestly man have you ever seen a player cakewalk to the finals more than Lebron?

Quickly drew this up.

San Antonio gets MUCH further, Cleveland has Rockets and Spurs in its way to finals, LAC gets much further, Warriors still face Grizzlies but face Clippers instead of Rockets.

Thunder and Suns make playoffs. Nets don't.

Wait.

FUCK, I forgot Portland, the number 8 seed. Suns still out

EDIT: So Portland at 8 vs Dallas or Chicago. Chicago/Dallas vs Cleveland, Toronto vs San Antonio, Washington vs Memphis, LAC vs New Orleans, Houston vs OKC, Atlanta vs Milwaukee, GSW vs Boston

Cleveland's road gets harder, arguably Clippers compared to previous lineup, San Antonio still goes farther than before, GSW still face Memphis and LAC/Portland

Oh wait, I might have done this wrong. 5 seed matchup would go in the same group as 4 seed matchup, wouldn't it.
Give me a second

I don't think Crawford for Haywood work straight up. The Clippers would need to add somebody else, which would further hurt their depth and do nothing for their playoff chances. Haywood only makes sense at this point for a team that isn't looking to make a deep playoff run this year such as the Nets. I don't know who the Cavs would be willing to give up for Crawford, but I really doubt they'd trade Mozgov or even Varejao.

Nets don't have their pick this year so there's no point in tanking. Plus Cleveland doesn't even have their pick this year to offer.

Every team (except the Warriors) could make the same weak excuse.

Im not making an excuse. A few of our key players were injured and were not able to perform well but a loss is a loss. What im not conceding is calling the clips a better team on paper. I dont think they are/were.

I dont think saying your team lost because key guys were injured is a weak excuse.

Hell, Delly styled on steph curry for most of the finals but i would never call him the better player.

Ok, more hastily drawn up seeding

xFoHrQH.jpg

Seems pretty fair all around tbh now

Would likely be CLE vs HOU for rights to play GSW. Going off last year, at least. Pretty fun bracket, actually.

Im not making an excuse. A few of our key players were injured and were not able to perform well but a loss is a loss. What im not conceding is calling the clips a better team on paper. I dont think they are/were.

I dont think saying your team lost because key guys were injured is a weak excuse.

/Cavs

Would likely be CLE vs HOU for rights to play GSW. Going off last year, at least. Pretty fun bracket, actually.

/Cavs

I dont know what you are trying to say but if i was GS Id be kinda worried this season. In my opinion they kinda got exposed and looked very beatable. I couldnt believe it when the cavs won game two in GS with kyrie out. The series shoulda been a straight up romp and they struggled.

Don't know about the Spurs Rockets matchup, coming from a Rockets fan himself. But yeah, the whole thing feels much more even and balanced.

Last year, yeah, I think you guys would have one. of course, going by Paper I'd give the Spurs the edge this year.
I dont know what you are trying to say but if i was GS Id be kinda worried this season. In my opinion they kinda got exposed and looked very beatable. I couldnt believe it when the cavs won game two in GS with kyrie out. The series shoulda been a straight up romp and they struggled.

I mean, Kyrie even came out and said the same thing a fully healthy Cavs team, meant more rest for Delly on Curry and the injured Kyrie that played game 1 definitely outplayed Curry then, not to mention what Love could have done.

Of course, it's hard to account for Health going into a new season, hope they can actually stay Healthy for a change.

Last year, yeah, I think you guys would have one. of course, going by Paper I'd give the Spurs the edge this year.

I mean, Kyrie even came out and said the same thing a fully healthy Cavs team, meant more rest for Delly on Curry and the injured Kyrie that played game 1 definitely outplayed Curry then, not to mention what Love could have done.

Of course, it's hard to account for Health going into a new season, hope they can actually stay Healthy for a change.

Yeah. Nothing worse than when great teams are injured. It puts at asterisk on the whole season for me. I dunno know about yall but I want to beat teams at full strength.

Kyrie is going to get hurt again. Not if, when. They need to find a competent backup.

So sad, but true. We have to expect it happening at some point. It's why it has been hard sitting back and seeing everyone else snatched up with the Cavs lack of cap and assets.

Mo Williams would be nice, could switch with Delly for Offense and Defense, and keep our poor guy from having to fill in 40+ minutes again.

Fjordson

Asterisk on a season because of injuries
pPygALw.png

Just gotta beat who's in front of you.

And the series wasn't really that close. After Curry's horrific game 2 it was a wrap.

WoodWERD

Fuck the YEAH Spurs! Best off season ever. Still remember West torching the Spurs in the 2008 playoffs when he was with the Hornets. Can't wait to see this team in action, if they can stay healthy I like their chances.

ViciousDS

Banned
The Spurs team is fucking insane. Forget lebrons "big 3".

You have undeniably the most experienced, skilled and insanely well coached team. Honestly, I really think the Spurs could reach near 70 wins. (Losses to golden state and maybe Dallas....with lebron winning 1or 2. But hot damn)

Asterisk on a season because of injuries
pPygALw.png

Just gotta beat who's in front of you.

And the series wasn't really that close. After Curry's horrific game 2 it was a wrap.

I agree but up to a point. I would not have felt as good about our 2014 championship had a key heat player been out. Even with the win the headlines were all about how the heat lost and not how we won. I can only imagine what would be said (even here on GAF) if we didnt beat them all full strength. I can bet the ifs and buts would have been plentiful.

Also game 2? The cavs won game 3. Curry still looked like shit and walked off the court shaking his head.

You have undeniably the most experienced, skilled and insanely well coached team. Honestly, I really think the Spurs could reach near 70 wins. (Losses to golden state and maybe Dallas....with lebron winning 1or 2. But hot damn)

Naw. Pop rests guys too often for them to reach 70, plus the West is still stacked.

Fjordson

I agree but up to a point. I would not have felt as good about our 2014 championship had a key heat player been out. Even with the win the headlines were all about how the heat lost and not how we won. I can only imagine what would be said (even here on GAF) if we didnt beat them all full strength. I can bet the ifs and buts would have been plentiful.

Also game 2? The cavs won game 3. Curry still looked like shit and walked off the court shaking his head.
Game 2 was the one where Curry went 5 for like 25 and they only lost by two. If he plays average they likely win in 5. Game 3 wasn't as close, but it was always hard to imagine Lebron wouldn't take a game in Cleveland imo.

And for me, the injuries didn't change much since the Warriors were putting up historic numbers all year and were on top of the West basically from day one. If a team limps into the postseason and then all of a sudden starts beating up injured teams then I can see how that puts a damper on things, but not so much for a historically good squad.

edit: again, this is just imo. Hypothetical. I could be wrong and the Cavs win in 5 if Kyrie and Love are healthy.

Game 2 was the one where Curry went 5 for like 25 and they only lost by two. If he plays average they likely win in 5. Game 3 wasn't as close, but it was always hard to imagine Lebron wouldn't take a game in Cleveland imo.

And for me, the injuries didn't change much since the Warriors were putting up historic numbers all year and were on top of the West basically from day one. If a team limps into the postseason and then all of a sudden starts beating up injured teams then I can see how that puts a damper on things, but not so much for a historically good squad.

edit: again, this is just imo. Hypothetical. I could be wrong and the Cavs win in 5 if Kyrie and Love are healthy.

Game 1 was the one where Kyrie played essentially on one leg the entire game and it still took a last minute shot by Cleveland to send the game into OT. In game 4, Cleveland was doing fine until they completely ran out of gas (which was a direct result of being out 3 starters). Ironically, the Warriors' biggest strength last year was their health, which had been their biggest weakness in years past.

Fjordson

Ironically, the Warriors' biggest strength last year was their health, which had been their biggest weakness in years past.
At the end sure, but again, they were out in front from the start of the season, with numbers and metrics not seen since the 90's Bulls. And some not seen in decades. We're looking at 4 of their 83 wins (second only to said Bulls).

I'm not saying with certainty they still would have won if Cleveland had been healthy because obviously I have no idea if they would've. Just sayin' that their body of work was built on more than just a few injuries at the end of the season.

WoodWERD

Eh, you know Pop is going to be experimenting like crazy with different line-ups, plus keeping minutes down for the whitewalkers. Either way it should be fun to watch!

Top Bottom