• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

dream

I love watching summer league for some reason lol. Just desperate for more bball on TV I guess.

As a Warriors fan with an Alex Morgan avatar, you are clearly a fan of good ball movement, long range shooting, and believe that female athletics have value as a spectator sport. Come join me on WNBA Live Access, Fjordson.

spyder_ur

I love watching summer league for some reason lol. Just desperate for more bball on TV I guess.

Me too and I think that's most of the reason. It does give you at least some sense of what guys can do. I have to remind myself to temper any enthusiasm though.

Smart just falling down and hoisting threes. Mickey looks a little bigger than I was picturing and that was a smooth 18 footer.

Smart is so freaking good defensively, but don't get hurt man. Guards are going to hate playing against the Celtics with backcourt defenders like Smart, Bradley and Rozier.

spyder_ur

I like it when Smart goes to the basket, he should do more of that.

He's just stupid. He's bigger than nearly ever PG he'll face. He can also bruise them in the post but would rather air ball 3's SMH

I think we've discussed this before, but I'm pretty sure Smart taking so many 3s is intentional and developmental. They want him to establish that shot, and there's no better time to do that than his rookie year and summer league. And by the way, it worked. If he's not a little more aggressive towards the hoop in a couple years, I'll be more concerned. By the way, right on cue...

Ha: "Foul out - 10 personals" Why even bother?

ViciousDS

Banned
Eh, you know Pop is going to be experimenting like crazy with different line-ups, plus keeping minutes down for the whitewalkers. Either way it should be fun to watch!

Yes, I know lol. Regular season means basically nothing to pops. It's all about the playoffs.

Mickey looked very very impressive. I'm a bit worries that Hunter can't play D.

I predict Hunter will be playing in the D-league a lot, he looks like he has a long way to go before he's useful in the NBA.

Edit:

"Mo Williams agreed to a two-year, $4.3M deal with Cleveland, including a player option, league sources tell Yahoo." - Woj

GM LeBron is getting the band back together.

LeBron got his Stevie back
tumblr_ngliw5zGlx1roci1yo1_400.gif

Fjordson

Me too and I think that's most of the reason. It does give you at least some sense of what guys can do. I have to remind myself to temper any enthusiasm though.

Smart just falling down and hoisting threes. Mickey looks a little bigger than I was picturing and that was a smooth 18 footer.

Smart is so freaking good defensively, but don't get hurt man. Guards are going to hate playing against the Celtics with backcourt defenders like Smart, Bradley and Rozier.
Yeah, definitely. It's fun to see what the incoming rookies look like.

As a Warriors fan with an Alex Morgan avatar, you are clearly a fan of good ball movement, long range shooting, and believe that female athletics have value as a spectator sport. Come join me on WNBA Live Access, Fjordson.
Shiet WNBA? Not sure if you're playin'. Is it actually entertaining?

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 8m8 minutes ago
Early indications are Cavs likewise have NOT abandoned JR Smith pursuit. They seem intent on keeping whole band together. And adding to it

They're building a Super Cavs team

Saw the West signing. Feel better about our front court depth, but still feel we need another sharpshooter to make up for Beli/Joseph. Hopefully one of the young guys like Anderson step up.

dream

Y
Shiet WNBA? Not sure if you're playin'. Is it actually entertaining?

The thing about women's basketball is because women tend to be smaller, they can't play a post-up, inside out, above the rim style of game. So we get a version of the game that is predicated on ball movement. It's like watching basketball in its purest form.

Lol wow you went there lol

Funny thing is the Warriors, rockets, mavs, and spurs are going to beat up on each other so much that when the finals rolls around, the Lebrons may actually have a shot just based on lack of fatigue.

Kyrie and Love will probably be injured by then though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I don't know. Going from playing in Venezuela to contending for an NBA title seems a little out of range.

demolitio

This is hilarious.

Uh-oh, look at who else wants back

Who's next, Boobie Gibson, Delonte? ;p

Z is going to move from the FO back to the roster so he can be a part of the reunion. :p

are they still pursuing Iso Joe? or is Mo supposed to suffice?

Still pursuing something with the Haywood trade but I don't think LeBron wants to give up Varejao which is why I doubt the Johnson trade happens unless the pieces change. They were wanting to use Haywood plus offload Varejao's contract supposedly which would cost them money this season due to Joe's insane contract, but possibly save them in the long run while adding a valuable piece compared to Andy's injury-plagued future.

It sucks because Andy has been a part of this team for what feels like an eternity now so it'd suck to see him leave now that we're finally good again, but on the other hand, it'd be a huge upgrade and would get rid of his bad contract that was more of a loyalty contract.

Top Bottom