• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

I'd go with Parsons offer.

lol I love this

Mike Prada ‏@MikePradaSBN 3m3 minutes ago
����

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago
Sources: Chris Paul has returned from vacation in islands, and planned to travel to Peach Jam AAU event in Georgia. But now...Stay tuned.

Just like he wasn't leaving last time?

Literally this entire page is about a player backing out from a promise.

so now all players back out from promises? No need to rehash this discussion since you seem convinced for some reason that LeBron is going to leave a team that he has bent over a barrel and that will do anything he wants, and that he also will damage his brand after working so hard to build it back up after the decision, but whatever guess we'll just have to wait and see if your fantasy scenario plays out.

zychi

Banned
so now all players back out from promises? No need to rehash this discussion since you seem convinced for some reason that LeBron is going to leave a team that he has bent over a barrel and that will do anything he wants, and that he also will damage his brand after working so hard to build it back up after the decision, but whatever guess we'll just have to wait and see if your fantasy scenario plays out.

He literally did it once already. How short of a memory do you have? He even promised CLE he'd bring them a title before he went to Mia.

His brand is fine. If he went to your Lakers you and the fairweather LA fans would all buy his jersey and shoes. If he came to Chicago, a city that hates him, we would all buy his merch.

Stop acting like it's out of the question. If Gilbert didn't extend his buddies this offseason, he'd be gone already and blame Gilbert.

It's so funny how your opinion on a player changes based on just the owner on the same page.

He literally did it once already. How short of a memory do you have? He even promised CLE he'd bring them a title before he went to Mia.

His brand his fine. If he went to your Lakers you and the fairweather LA fans would all buy his jersey and shoes. If he came to Chicago, a city that hates him, we would all buy his merch.

Stop acting like it's out of the question. If Gilbert didn't extend his buddies this offseason, he'd be gone already and blame Gilbert.

It's so funny how your opinion on a player changes based on just the owner on the same page.

You and Barney Jr need to start a newsletter.

Tc7prVY.png

This is the best.

If there is a god someone related to this will tweet the eggplant emoji.

His brand is fine. If he went to your Lakers you and the fairweather LA fans would all buy his jersey and shoes. If he came to Chicago, a city that hates him, we would all buy his merch.

I think it's out of the question. Gilbert is going to do whatever LeBron wants. LeBron is at a place where he gets to call the shots. He doesn't want to go to another situation like he had with Riley in Miami. He is home. He's not going anywhere. He left once before because the team is garbage. Now the team he is surrounded by is Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson...in the east. He knows with that core he can go to the Finals every year for the next 3-4 years. What is there in it for him to go? Where can he go and get all of that? Is he gonna sign with the Spurs for the MLE? The situation now and 5 years ago are completely different, so no I don't subscribe to the idea of "he left once he can do it again!"

zychi

Banned
I think it's out of the question. Gilbert is going to do whatever LeBron wants. LeBron is at a place where he gets to call the shots. He doesn't want to go to another situation like he had with Riley in Miami. He is home. He's not going anywhere. He left once before because the team is garbage. Now the team he is surrounded by is Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson...in the east. He knows with that core he can go to the Finals every year for the next 3-4 years. What is there in it for him to go? Where can he go and get all of that? Is he gonna sign with the Spurs for the MLE? The situation now and 5 years ago are completely different, so no I don't subscribe to the idea of "he left once he can do it again!"

His BFF KD is gonna be a FA and I'm sure the Knicks or Lakers would gladly let Lebron play GM if it means the games sell out and they are good again. I'm sure the Pistons, Celtics, Atlanta, Sactown, Denver would all let him do it. He's the face of the league and all but 2 of these teams have had players dictate what happens on the court within the last decade.

It's not absurd, and I'm not saying LOLLEBRONIS100%LEAVING

but he might if shit hits the fan this year. If he ends up carrying half a team of "castoffs" into the finals again and broken players that he made Gilbert extend/re-sign this offseason, he may get sick of it. He got sick of it before and even embarrassed the city on national tv.

Nothing is absolute, and a player who has already backed out of a promise once, has a better chance of doing it again then a guy who hasn't.

e: Your Lakers are ran by Kobe right now and has been since Shaq got the boot, why the fuck wouldn't they let Lebron and KD do the same exact thing?

His BFF KD is gonna be a FA and I'm sure the Knicks or Lakers would gladly let Lebron play GM if it means the games sell out and they are good again. I'm sure the Pistons, Celtics, Atlanta, Sactown, Denver would all let him do it. He's the face of the league and all but 2 of these teams have had players dictate what happens on the court within the last decade.

It's not absurd, and I'm not saying LOLLEBRONIS100%LEAVING

but he might if shit hits the fan this year. If he ends up carrying half a team of "castoffs" into the finals again and broken players that he made Gilbert extend/re-sign this offseason, he may get sick of it. He got sick of it before and even embarrassed the city on national tv.

Nothing is absolute, and a player who has already backed out of a promise once, has a better chance of doing it again then a guy who hasn't.

e: Your Lakers are ran by Kobe right now and has been since Shaq got the boot, why the fuck wouldn't they let Lebron and KD do the same exact thing?

He's not going to go anywhere that will put him in as much of a situation to win as he's got in Cleveland right now. He's got a good core group of players, he's playing in his hometown, he has veto power over every decision the team makes, and he's in the latter stretch of his career. He's not gonna go merc and jump around from team to team. Could it happen? Sure anything is possible if you want to play that angle. The Pelicans could decide to trade Anthony Davis to the Lakers next year. It's possible. But is it realistically gonna happen? No shot in hell. I put LeBron leaving Cleveland in the same boat.

zychi

Banned
He's not going to go anywhere that will put him in as much of a situation to win as he's got in Cleveland right now. He's got a good core group of players, he's playing in his hometown, he has veto power over every decision the team makes, and he's in the latter stretch of his career. He's not gonna go merc and jump around from team to team. Could it happen? Sure anything is possible if you want to play that angle. The Pelicans could decide to trade Anthony Davis to the Lakers next year. It's possible. But is it realistically gonna happen? No shot in hell. I put LeBron leaving Cleveland in the same boat.

just quoting it so i can use it next offseason when he leaves.

we're talking about a guy who had Nike try and take video of him being dunked on, threw an entire city under a bus national tv, and rebooted back to cle when he realized mia wasn't good enough to beat the west anymore.

F this, if he wanted to stay then why didn't he say so to begin with, why go through all the drama..

Have fun with hack a DJ in the playoffs clips, Lance is taking all your touches anyways
pacspit.gif

ViciousDS

Banned

-camera is towards the back of a players head"

He gets up and gives everyone the stunner

shit goes crazy

JR is by gawd'in everything

and then doc looks up at the man and just says "why CP3, whats wrong"

Only its not CP3.......CP3 never made it to the meeting and instead the man stares down doc and says

9rxecjk.gif

by gawd it was cuban all along!

DJ then curb stomps doc on the way out......it was a plan to completely demolish the team before the season even started.....all planned very carefully.

_woLf

If the clips keep DJ then at least we can all agree that portland is the undisputed loser of free agency!!! right guys?

guys?

/cries

NBA on TNTVerified account
‏@NBAonTNT
🚀🚖🚎🚂🚁🚚🚙🍗

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/618849984860045312

this is crazy. Wonder if Dallas would back out of their agreement with Matthews now if they aren't getting Jordan?
yeah.. Or maybe Wes will be the one to pull out. Damn, Mavs will probably be a lottery team if DJ and Wes dont sign. But Carlisle is the kind of coach that is too good to tank even with bad players..

If the clips keep DJ then at least we can all agree that portland is the undisputed loser of free agency!!! right guys?

guys?

/cries

The Mavs wouldn't look much better. They replaced Tyson Chandler and Monta Ellis with Wes Matthews.

Edit:

"Sources: Conversations that Clippers teammates have had w/ DeAndre Jordan in past 24 hours give players confidence he'll return to them." - Woj

I can't wait to see what Cuban does.

The Mavs wouldn't look much better. They replaced Tyson Chandler and Monta Ellis with Wes Matthews.

Edit:

"Sources: Conversations that Clippers teammates have had w/ DeAndre Jordan in past 24 hours give players confidence he'll return to them." - Woj

I can't wait to see what Cuban does.

He'll probably threaten to leave the NBA lol.

Enron

Banned
23+35
no income tax state
cuban is a smart business man who could make Bron even more rich
just saying

lol, Bron ain't going there.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m2 minutes ago
Sources: Conversations that Clippers teammates have had w/ DeAndre Jordan in past 24 hours give players confidence he'll return to them.

This sounds like its a done deal. Dallas is fucked. They built their offseason to get this guy, and he fucks them in the ass. Wes Matthews will probably bail now too.

lol, Bron ain't going there.

This sounds like its a done deal. Dallas is fucked. They built their offseason to get this guy, and he fucks them in the ass. Wes Matthews will probably bail now too.

No way Wes bails. Dallas overpaid him for DeAndre, if anything Dallas will bail on the deal.

I can't see Silver allowing this to happen. Not when Cuban starts threatening lawsuits left and right.

What's there to disallow? The Clippers are only breaking unwritten rules, not real ones.

Top Bottom