• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

So Dragic took 85 mil instead of 100 to stay in miami?

Dragic is really feeling south beach

...and the lack of income tax.

He broke up the team because he had a chance to build a better team in free agency with players like Dwight and Deron. It didn't work out but it made some sense.

Yeah, it was a ballsy move that didn't pan out the way he wanted. Still, not a bad risk to take given that it was highly unlikely they'd repeat. They peaked and overachieved that championship year.

Cuban deserves it all. I care not once for him.. He is a very scummy dude, who is smart, but too smart for his own good. Thinks he can see shit that never ends up happening, all while spitting on all the other owners.

He broke up a championship team for what no one has been able to clearly explain to me.

I think hes a pompus punk. Who might be a billionaire, but that doesn't buy him class.

I bet you have no concrete examples of any of this, just a vague feeling that it's all true.

I've never understood the Cuban hate. He speaks his mind freely, but is that a reason to call him "scummy"? Spits on other owners? I'm going to need to see actual examples of that.

If he happens to agree with something an owner doesn't, is that really "spitting" on the other owner?

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 5s5 seconds ago
ESPN sources say that DeAndre Jordan has promised the Mavericks a face-to-tace meeting tonight before he makes a final decision

DeAndre about to let em down easy.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 5s5 seconds ago
ESPN sources say that DeAndre Jordan has promised the Mavericks a face-to-tace meeting tonight before he makes a final decision

DeAndre about to let em down easy.
madmens06e04hdtvx264evo-650x36411.png

otapnam

I bet you have no concrete examples of any of this, just a vague feeling that it's all true.

I've never understood the Cuban hate. He speaks his mind freely, but is that a reason to call him "scummy"? Spits on other owners? I'm going to need to see actual examples of that.

If he happens to agree with something an owner doesn't, is that really "spitting" on the other owner?

always felt like cuban was a pretty good owner, haters be hatin

zychi

Banned

I was legit disappointed when he didnt get to buy my Cubs. I think he'd still have hired Theo and we'd be in the same position tho
It's funny, DJ is at best an ok third piece and now all this drama for a guy who averages single digits
Best rebounder and defensive bigman in the nba.

DJ is not a centerpiece, but he's an elite rim protector and elite finisher. Those are two very valuable skills.

I know, he's basically Roy Hibbert before RH evolved into an emo trash can. DJ is still young so he may have some upside to him but he isn't worth this tussle. LAC could've probably had him for cheap if they just showed him some respect.

Fjordson

It's funny, DJ is at best an ok third piece and now all this drama for a guy who averages single digits
He's definitely not a main guy, but he fits really well on the Clips and they're a lot worse if he leaves.

Kinda like with Draymond in Golden State. He's not a star player based on numbers, but his fit in GS's system inflates his value.

MechDX

David Nuño ‏@DavidNunoABC13 · 22m22 minutes ago
Earlier today Chris Paul in Houston - an #abc13eyewitness spotted Paul at the Chik-Fil-a by the downtown park shops.

CJanv6wUkAEwu_v.jpg:large

DJ just wants a damn sandwich.

I know, he's basically Roy Hibbert before RH evolved into an emo trash can. DJ is still young so he may have some upside to him but he isn't worth this tussle. LAC could've probably had him for cheap if they just showed him some respect.

I think he is much faster and more explosive than Roy ever was though, which is an advantage for teams that want to get out and run. You don't have to bench DJ if you want to speed up your offense.

Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling 34s34 seconds ago
Source: Amar'e Stoudemire is also strongly considering the Heat. Meeting with Pat Riley tomorrow. Heat has tax midlevel just FYI.

he's post-prime flabby and sick but we need a Birdman replacement since he's getting shipped off for Gallinari

Hell even in his post prime, flabby and sick state he's better than Bird.

Gigglepoo

I think he is much faster and more explosive than Roy ever was though, which is an advantage for teams that want to get out and run. You don't have to bench DJ if you want to speed up your offense.

Yeah, Hibbert can't role to the basket and catch a pass. That's DJ's biggest strength.

Source: Amar'e Stoudemire is also strongly considering the Heat. Meeting with Pat Riley tomorrow. Heat has tax midlevel just FYI.

he's post-prime flabby and sick but we need a Birdman replacement since he's getting shipped off for Gallinari
It is 2010 all over again.

Enron

Banned

He's not an offensive centerpiece but 15 boards and 2+ blocks while playing good defense? That's pretty valuable. There's more to basketball than scoring points.

DJ is one of the most explosive athletes in the NBA. Comparing Roy Hibbert tells me he's not seen much of either one of them play.

This is vastly underselling what he did for the Clippers and for what it's worth, he's averaged more than single digits in points the past two years while increasing his amount of blocks and rebounds.

He's not an offensive centerpiece but 15 boards and 2+ blocks while playing good defense? That's pretty valuable. There's more to basketball than scoring points.

This is vastly underselling what he did for the Clippers.

Hey, as someone who has Whiteside on his team i respect those stats. It just doesn't seem like he can carry a team for all the fuss that's happening now. He was making a stupid amount of points and boards when Blake was out and the team was no better for it.

But i suppose he's still got plenty of prime years ahead of him so people are paying for potential

If you want to see how valuable DJ is, just watch the Houston series. Houston got him into foul trouble early in games 2 and 5, which is the main reason the Clippers lost those games, especially game 2. If he ever developed a post game, learned how to make a decent pass, or learned how to shoot over 60% from the line, he'd be a top 3 center in the NBA.

Hey, as someone who has Whiteside on his team i respect those stats. It just doesn't seem like he can carry a team for all the fuss that's happening now. He was making a stupid amount of points and boards when Blake was out and the team was no better for it.

But i suppose he's still got plenty of prime years ahead of him so people are paying for potential

You don't have to be able to carry a team in order to be extremely valuable and create this kind of bidding war. The proof is in the pudding. DJ might be the Clipps third best player but losing him takes them from a western conference title contender to a bottom 8 team.

It's not about paying for potential, it's about paying for what he does. What he does now is extremely valuable.

zychi

Banned

Good big men who play C are rare in the Nba today. It totally makes sense

Hell even in his post prime, flabby and sick state he's better than Bird.

Wade, Deng, U and Amare on the same team
banderas.png
.. DNP Coach's decision everywhere, every night
banderas.png
them boys livin the lyfe sitting on the bench while we out here fighting for them
banderas.png
banderas.png

mjcry1.png

Meh, i've already conceded that he's probably worth it for the upside. And I agree that he's a good fit for the clippers.

You'd just think the clippers would've known his value before they just let him go.

Meh, i've already conceded that he's probably worth it for the upside. And I agree that he's a good fit for the clippers.

You'd just think the clippers would've known his value before they just let him go.

But it's not upside. Even if he doesn't get any better than he is now he's worth a max deal.

ViciousDS

Banned
I want DJ to go to Dallas so I can see Blake attempt Center or have JMcgee start forDoc, because you know they will grab whatever they can left lol

Bread

Banned

you can't judge him based off his "single digit stats" though.

the clippers are done without him, he's worth a max for sure.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. I don't think he's a max player at all and think this whole thing is silly but i'm also kinda happy that some NBA news is happening as shit had slowed down recently.

Top Bottom