• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 10m10 minutes ago
Clippers stalling, trying to keep DeAndre away from meeting with Cuban

from meeting over to stalling, lol

Friend just showed me this on twitter ‏@alextumay haha

Paul Pierce taking a screenshot.
CJaquVaUkAAyZHq.jpg

Those unwritten rules can go fuck themselves.

But again, this probably means that he's already in the meeting with Cuban.

El Topo

"Sorry, we can't seem to get the door open. Seems stuck. Guess we'll have to wait here until the locksmith comes."

Champagne

Banned
I think today only really told all of what we already knew:

-Deandre Jordan has the mental and emotional intelligence of a 12 year old girl
-The Clippers will forever be a poverty ass organization

Glorious day.

As a Cavs fan, not sure who I should be rooting for to get Jordan. Could they take out the Spurs again this year if they keep him? and then would the Clippers be a worse matchup for the Cavs? Hmm..

bender

What time is it?
Tony Romo ‏@tonyromo 19m
DeAndre Jordan.....you are not allowed to take your talents to LA. See you Monday 🏈🏀🏈🏀🏈🏀🏁🏁🏁🏆🏆

Tony Romo ‏@tonyromo 19m
DeAndre Jordan.....you are not allowed to take your talents to LA. See you Monday 🏈🏀🏈🏀🏈🏀🏁🏁🏁🏆🏆

Tony Romo coming in to close the deal? No way this goes bad now.

This DJ thing is hilarious. Money aside, you're tired of being 3rd wheel but now you have an opportunity to be the face of a franchise. I think the pressure is just getting to him. He's realizing his offensive output was 90% from CP3 lol.

This DJ thing is hilarious. Money aside, you're tired of being 3rd wheel but now you have an opportunity to be the face of a franchise. I think the pressure is just getting to him. He's realizing his offensive output was 90% from CP3 lol.

Being the 3rd wheel on a good team in LA is probably better than playing 2nd fiddle to Dirk until he retires while you try to just make the playoffs.

Tony Romo ‏@tonyromo 19m

SCREAMING!

Welp, congrats LA, you got your boy back. Lmao!!

Fjordson

What's the math on how much extra he can keep because of no income tax in Dallas? Like even though he's leaving that fifth year on the table, maybe the difference isn't as huge as it seems because he keeps more of his salary to himself playing in Texas.

I'm surprised the state tax thing doesn't come up more often in contract negotiations (or maybe it does and I just haven't heard about it). Seems like a big advantage for Texas and I think Miami.

bender

What time is it?
What's the math on how much extra he can keep because of no income tax in Dallas? Like even though he's leaving that fifth year on the table, maybe the difference isn't as huge as it seems because he keeps more of his salary to himself playing in Texas.

I'm surprised the state tax thing doesn't come up more often in contract negotiations (or maybe it does and I just haven't heard about it). Seems like a big advantage for Texas and I think Miami.

I'm sure it comes up in negotiations. It's discussed a lot in regards to NFL contracts and I'm sure it's part of the pitch for the FL/TX NBA teams as well.

Here is an article on what it would look like for Deandre: http://grvine.blogspot.com/2015/07/why-state-tax-will-affect-deandre.html

Bowser

I'm sure it comes up in negotiations. It's discussed a lot in regards to NFL contracts and I'm sure it's part of the pitch for the FL/TX NBA teams as well.

Here is an article on what it would look like for Deandre: http://grvine.blogspot.com/2015/07/why-state-tax-will-affect-deandre.html

That article is kind of misleading because it doesn't take into account the extra 5th year (and the 7.5% annual raise that comes with it) that LAC can offer DeAndre. I saw a tweet somewhere that said DeAndre would be leaving ~$12m post-tax on the table by signing with the Mavs instead of the Clippers.

bender

What time is it?
That article is kind of misleading because it doesn't take into account the extra 5th year (and the 7.5% annual raise that comes with it) that LAC can offer DeAndre. I saw a tweet somewhere that said DeAndre would be leaving ~$12m post-tax on the table by signing with the Mavs instead of the Clippers.

I think that article has more problems than that (see above). If he resigns with the Clippers, I'm curious to see how the deal is structured. I though I read somewhere he wanted a 4YR deal with the 4th being a player option no matter what.

Thinking about this more, the mavs will lose hard if this happens. Every other free agent thought they were getting jordan so didn't consider them in their plans and vice versa.

That's a nasty off season handicap to a team that needed a great offseason to stay relevant

Fjordson

Thinking about this more, the mavs will lose hard if this happens. Every other free agent thought they were getting jordan so didn't consider them in their plans and vice versa.

That's a nasty off season handicap to a team that needed a great offseason to stay relevant
Yeah, a big deal like this influences everything you do in free agency. They had a ton of money tied up in this and moved forward accordingly. He really fucked the Mavs if he goes back.

In other news though, JPP got a finger amputated
damn.png

How the hell did Schefer get that info anyways??!?? What was he doing, snagging medical charts off the door and taking pictures of em?
damn.png

The fukkery of reporters knows no bounds.

Top Bottom