• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Fjordson

Man summer league makes for some hilarious dunk attempts. Dudes are like fuck your defense and fuck physics, I'm flushing this shit.

Did a drunk Mark Cuban give Blake Griffin the info the Clippers needed to get Jordan back?

A Sure-Why-Not Theory Explains Why The Mavs Might Lose DeAndre Jordan

My theory on this is that Mark Cuban told Blake Griffin why Deandre chose the Mavericks over the Clippers during his drunk, overconfidently filled rant. Blake then took that information and passed it on to the Clippers organization which gave them inside info on what to say to get Deandre back.

Chandler Parsons could have also disclosed some information to Blake as well but, it’s just funnier and more likely that Drunk Mark Cuban did it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
In other news though, JPP got a finger amputated
damn.png

How the hell did Schefer get that info anyways??!?? What was he doing, snagging medical charts off the door and taking pictures of em?
damn.png

The fukkery of reporters knows no bounds.

completely ridiculous that this leaked out

CJbXKxvUAAAL82P.jpg:large

Champagne

Banned
Did a drunk Mark Cuban give Blake Griffin the info the Clippers needed to get Jordan back?

A Sure-Why-Not Theory Explains Why The Mavs Might Lose DeAndre Jordan
Do they mean the widely reported and publicized information of: "Deandre Jordan is an 11 year old girl that wants to be loved and told how great he is, do those things and you will win him over easily"?

But yeah I suppose wrapping that info up in the context of Mark Cuban getting drunk is better for hits.

Tom Penny

Mavs pick would look lovely for the Celtics if Deandre goes back to the Clippers as long as the Mavs don't go full tank mode. That's probably the Celtics luck though :(

Do they mean the widely reported and publicized information of: "Deandre Jordan is an 11 year old girl that wants to be loved and told how great he is, do those things and you will win him over easily"?

But yeah I suppose wrapping that info up in the context of Mark Cuban getting drunk is better for hits.

I like the Deadspin theory more, at least it's fun.

lakers should call la for a third meeting

That's like the worst of all worlds. He gets less money, pays California taxes and plays on a bad team.

Edit:

I'm an idiot I just realized you were referring to Aldridge. Still, fuck the Lakers.

h1nch

@WojYahooNBA
The NBA salary cap has risen to $70M for the 2015-'16 season, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

@WojYahooNBA
The NBA's team tax level will be $84.7M, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Wow. Ended up being even higher than projected. Just more space for the Mavs to not be able to use I guess.

"$70M Cap means the Celtics have ~$8M in space that can be used after Jerebko and Amir sign, but before Crowder and Lee trades are official"

Who wants to dump some salary on the C's along with a draft pick or two?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m5 minutes ago

The NBA salary cap has risen to $70M for the 2015-'16 season, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m5 minutes ago

Cm3b6BVl.jpg

Gigglepoo

@WojYahooNBA

@WojYahooNBA

Wow. Ended up being even higher than projected. Just more space for the Mavs to not be able to use I guess.

Really weird that the NBA didn't have this information last week, when teams were negotiating with free agents.

"Clippers believe DJ is returning to LA but I'm told they are staying at his house until he can sign at midnight." - @RamonaShelburne

What the fuck is going on in the NBA?

"Clippers believe DJ is returning to LA but I'm told they are staying at his house until he can sign at midnight." - @RamonaShelburne

What the fuck is going on in the NBA?

So he's not meeting with the Mavs then right because that "face to face" that DJ promised them could get reeeeeaaaal awkward.

''In story with @ramonashelburne we also report Mavs now fear they won't now get audience with Jordan as Clips have essentially surrounded him''

Wow.

Champagne

Banned
I'm waiting for a fight to break out.

Cuban vs. Balmer

Blake vs. Dirk

Chris Paul vs. the Mavs' team janitor

Meanwhile Parsons can be found fellating Jordan in the back room.

Well DJ is letting them form a wall around him so he's obviously made his choice anyway, the Clips are just looking extra classless.

Gigglepoo

I think the whole point of the moratorium signing period is to give the league accountants time to figure this stuff out

If that's true, they should start the free agency whenever they figure out the numbers and let players sign as soon as they want. I'm not sure why there's a week gap between negotiations and contracts.

Fuck em. Imagine if the Celtics, Nets and Mavs all do bad. 3 Lottery picks. Too bad the draft class is supposed to suck.

I'm not too excited about the Mavs pick. They'll either figure shit out like they always seem to do and end up with a middling pick or they'll be awful and we wont get it.

"So far, Clippers able to keep everyone else out of house, including Cuban, agents. Everyone. They're in four-corners until midnight Eastern." - Woj

This is fucked up by the Clippers and DeAndre. He's completely fucking over the Mavs, the least he can do is talk to them in person instead of having a sleepover with his classmates.

Like, I don't want Jordan to go back to the Clips because they become a legit threat in the West, but by God the drama is just too damn good.

RedAssedApe

Banned
@WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago
So far, Clippers able to keep everyone else out of house, including Cuban, agents. Everyone. They're in four-corners until midnight Eastern.

lmao pls tell me this isn't for real...and all these people are trolling twitter.

dream

Does the contract have to be signed in LA? Couldn't someone fly to Houston with the contract (preferably in a briefcase), rush to DJ's house, then force a signature at 12:00:01?

Top Bottom