• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Gigglepoo

Does the contract have to be signed in LA? Couldn't someone fly to Houston with the contract (preferably in a briefcase), rush to DJ's house, then force a signature at 12:00:01?

That's what they're doing. The Clippers are barricading his house so the Mavs can't swap out the Clip's contract with theirs at the last second.

Tom Penny

I'm not too excited about the Mavs pick. They'll either figure shit out like they always seem to do and end up with a middling pick or they'll be awful and we wont get it.

I dunno. It's not that hard to not get a top 7 pick. Definitely feasible. Unless you are the Cavs. Then you just fuck the Celtics out of Kevin Love with a 2% chance..

Hydrus

Wow this is kinda embarrassing to the league. Wont surprise me if they fine the clippers hard for this. I mean, whats gonna stop teams from trying to screw other teams in the future by doing this. Mav's are screwed.

"Here's concern within some front offices right now: Will Mavericks come chasing our committed free agents if they have new-found cap space?" - Woj

I WANT ANARCHY! Just don't throw all that cash at Crowder please.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wow this is kinda embarrassing to the league. Wont surprise me if they fine the clippers hard for this. I mean, whats gonna stop teams from trying to screw other teams in the future by doing this. Mav's are screwed.

Clippers haven't technically done a single thing wrong. Mavs already got fined by the league too.

dream

"Here's concern within some front offices right now: Will Mavericks come chasing our committed free agents if they have new-found cap space?" - Woj

I WANT ANARCHY! Just don't throw all that cash at Crowder please.

let's remember that Lebron doesn't even have a deal in place.

"One person not in the meeting or the house with DeAndre Jordan right now -- his agent Dan Fegan. It's just DJ & the Clippers coaches/players" - Ramona Shelburne

Interesting.

Letter of the law? Probably not. Spirit of the law? They're acting completely in bad faith. People in the league -- not just Dallas -- should be livid.

They've broken every unwritten rule there is. I doubt it means much but that probably sets a bad precedent in the future, especially if the Mavs retaliate by doing the same with other free agents.

Gigglepoo

Letter of the law? Probably not. Spirit of the law? They're acting completely in bad faith. People in the league -- not just Dallas -- should be livid.

Totally agree. They won't be punished in any tangible way but you can be sure that 29 owners (and the league office) will despise Steve Ballmer for making this look like an amateur league.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Agreed 100%. Just saying not sure what the hell the league could actually fine the Clippers for. League is definitely going to have to address this, the current moratorium obviously doesn't work.

The Clippers aren't doing anything wrong. You can't fine someone for breaking "unwritten rules". And you are kidding yourself if the NBA isn't loving this drama. It's the middle of July and we are still talking about the league. And on top of that they get to advertise some Dallas/Clipper matchups during the regular season. It's all gravy.

what kind of shit is this?

Proof that DeAndre is a gigantic man child. He's hiding from his own agent and the team he agreed to sign with.

Not like the Clips were ever, ever going to land a big free agent in the future, but shit, good luck doing it now.

I don't see how this hurts their chances with future free agents. Making trades with other teams? Possibly. But the players will go where the money is.

Down in Dallas:

giphy.gif

Top Bottom