• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

bender

What time is it?
I wonder if Wes regrets not taking more money from the Kings now.

He'll get more money without DJ coming to Dallas and no income tax, probably not be asked to play while the team tanks and have one of the better medical staffs in the league.

If this Cuban shit is true... #FreeDirk

@BlakeGriffin32 said:
Don't agree with the furniture layout but I'm not an interior designer.

CJb89kMVEAAIEgO.jpg

lol.

Hydrus

His agent was involved in pushing him to sign with the Mavs because he's buddies with Cuban, supposedly also telling the Clippers they needed to trade CP3 if they wanted any shot at getting DJ back (who knew if Jordan even made that demand himself, or if it was just more FUD from his agent to ensure he signs with Dallas) . The fact that his agent is not involved in this current talks says a lot. Wouldn't surprise me if he's got one less client after tonight.

You can't fine someone for doing nothing wrong. This might change the rules regarding moratorium periods going forward, but really the only thing that was keeping this from happening in the past was some unspoken agreement between the teams. There is nothing concrete you can create some kind of punishment out of.

Whats gonna happen when teams decide to turn the tables and not sign the players they made deals with? Players are going to be pissed and loose out on tons of money. Then they are going to want the union get involved. Its just bad for the league. Clips wont get fined, but it wont surprise me if the league decides to get involved.

Whats gonna happen when teams decide to turn the tables and not sign the players they made deals with? Players are going to be pissed and loose out on tons of money. Then they are going to want the union get involved. Its just bad for the league. Clips wont get fined, but it wont surprise me if the league decides to get involved.

Why would that ever happen? That's not how FA works. Teams go after the players they want. Why would they waste their time courting a player and then at the last second pulling the contract offer?

This is a grown man though, not a child. At the end of the day he agreed to the deal. Manipulation? Nah. This is just excuses to try to wiggle out breaking your word.

He fined the Cowboys and Redskins for not adhering to an illegal, collusion enforced cap during a cap free year when they were coming up with a new collective bargaining agreement.

That shit was more than fine, they took cap penalties which actually hurt for a while. The Redskins more than the Cowboys if I remember right.

bender

What time is it?
That shit was more than fine, they took cap penalties which actually hurt for a while. The Redskins more than the Cowboys if I remember right.

Dallas was like 10 million a year and the Reskins was around 35 million if I remember correctly.

I'm starting to like Blake.

Oh yea the cap hit. Shit was absolutely ridiculous and I am still upset that the NFLPA never went ahead with a lawsuit for collusion.

Hydrus

Why would that ever happen? That's not how FA works. Teams go after the players they want. Why would they waste their time courting a player and then at the last second pulling the contract offer?

Because other players that they originally wanted become available again. What would happen if LMA decided he wants to now go to the kings? Kings would drop all those other players they made deals with, to sign him in a heart beat.

Whether or not you agree that what the Clippers are doing is shady I think that we can all agree that it's good that Mark Cuban is getting boned.

Whether or not you agree that what the Clippers are doing is shady I think that we can all agree that it's good that Mark Cuban is getting boned.

Mark Cuban own the Mavs yes, but it's not like that's his bread and butter. The fans, players and management are the ones really getting screwed.

bender

What time is it?
no. As good as Chandler is, he's not really part of the future. He's 32. Deandre Jordan is 26. I don't blame the Mavs one bit for going hard after him.

What future? Tyson wanted to be here after 2011 and wanted to be here after this past season. He's a way better option than what is going to replace him. Not to mention the greatest player in the history of your franchise loves playing with him.

edit:

Clyde Drexler ‏@clydedrexler22 16m16 minutes ago

Why are you playing with people's time and money? your word is as valuable as your free throw shooting #DeAndreJordan #clippers #Mavericks

Because other players that they originally wanted become available again. What would happen if LMA decided he wants to now go to the kings? Kings would drop all those other players they made deals with, to sign him in a heart beat.

Again, that is all based on one outlier situation. Yeah this might change the situation for guys like Wes Mathews and a few other lesser free agents, but unless it starts to happen every year I don't see why the NBA would do anything. I'm not even sure what they can do, short of shortening the moratorium period, in which case that probably wouldn't even have prevented this shit show. DJ probably would have gotten cold feet as soon as that pen and contract were put in front of him, whether that were in 3 days or 5 days or 7 days.

Kacar

Griffin is just trolling, he posted that army chopper earlier saying "When I land in Houston". For all we know DJ invited them to stay for dinner and they are laughing and mocking this shit on twitter blowing up..

Still funny though.

Enron

Banned
What future? Tyson wanted to be here after 2011 and wanted to be here after this past season. He's a way better option than what is going to replace him. Not to mention the greatest player in the history of your franchise loves playing with him.

Well, the future that a player like Deandre Jordan gives you. Chandler is on the wrong side of 30 in the nba. As he ages, his defense is only going to get worse. Like I said, the mavs saw an opportunity to upgrade. They did, but they weren't aware that they were just being played by a western conference rival. I can't blame them for trying.

Resilient

Blake Griffin has and always will be an over-rated sack of ****. Classless fucks. I'm not even mad, can't wait to see this team meet early Playoffs exits for the next 5 years. Dallas Mavs 2011 champs.

Top Bottom