• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

bender

What time is it?
I believe it's 90% of the cap, so $63 million.

I'm just going to re-request my raise for Dirk. Your reward for multiple pay cuts and winning a championship is Chandler Parsons coming off of micro-fracture surgery and Wes Matthews come off of a torn Achilles.

Well, the future that a player like Deandre Jordan gives you. Chandler is on the wrong side of 30 in the nba. As he ages, his defense is only going to get worse. Like I said, the mavs saw an opportunity to upgrade. They did, but they weren't aware that they were just being played by a western conference rival. I can't blame them for trying.

I get it but at some point you have to be realistic. Sorry, I'm venting. Fire Donnie Nelson and Cuban out of a cannon for how they've handled Dirk's twilight years.

Out of something good for the mavs, this pic they just tweeted is amazing. Think I might use it as my next background.

CJb208UVAAAbBCy.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/618953400571408384/photo/1

are the keeping Dirk's corpse on ice?

bender

What time is it?
So that Tyson Chandler tweet. Is that him saying "okay" to the Suns or "peace, like peace out" ?

Hopefully rubbing Cuban's nose in it.

At least Dirk's movie comes out on the 10th. Highlight of the off season.

So what reason do the Mavs have to sign Matthews coming off achilles tear if they going to tank?

Need to chew up cap space and they don't really need any more negative press with regards to how they treat free agents.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So what reason do the Mavs have to sign Matthews coming off achilles tear if they going to tank?

I mean they don't but I really can't see them backing out of a deal. Would be hard for Mark Cuban to be all outraged and shit if he screwed a guy he already said he was going to sign too.

Enron

Banned

None. But if THEY renege on a deal to a player, the NBAPA and every agent around will make sure that NO ONE worth a fuck signs with the Mavs, or any other franchise that pulls that shit.

I mean they don't but I really can't see them backing out of a deal. Would be hard for Mark Cuban to be all outraged and shit if he screwed a guy he already said he was going to sign too.

Who is to say Matthews wants to play there anymore? Lakers look pretty good compared to the mavs now

Tom Penny

What does he do with Dirk then?

More importantly, how does Danny Ainge take advantage of this?

If they move Dirk will battle the 76ers and Portland for the number 1 pick and fuck the Celtics. I want to sign Joe Johnson just more or less guarantee a lottery pick from the Nets.

bender

What time is it?
If they move Dirk will battle the 76ers and Portland for the number 1 pick and fuck the Celtics. I want to sign Joe Johnson just more or less guarantee a lottery pick from the Nets.

Dirk would need to request the trade and that will not happen. No one would blame him though.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m1 minute ago

ESPN sources say Mavs owner Mark Cuban has begun to notify people within the organization that DeAndre Jordan is staying with Clippers

Enron

Banned
Dirk isn't going anywhere. Even if they are tanking. Cuban doesn't have it in him, and Dirk would just about play for free to stay in Dallas.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
all we need is the police to show up and charge the clippers with kidnapping

wow, Clippers better decide to skip their games at AAC, I could see it turning into malice at the palace 2.0

and they don't have Matt Barnes anymore..

dream

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago
DeAndre Jordan needs an agent certification on contract, invalid without it. Agents are expected to join Clippers, Jordan tonight at house.

oh man, DJ's going to drag Fergan in, force a signature, then make him do the walk of shame past all his friends.

At least Mavs have some trade assets in Parsons and Matthews if he can play at that high level again.

Parsons for Phil Pressey and some 2nd round picks, who says no?

"Yahoo Source: Clippers, DeAndre Jordan meeting was short. It was clear he was returning to them. Then they started to play cards." - Woj

Wait, is that meant to be taken literally?

Top Bottom