• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

bender

What time is it?
The only thing the Mavs can be blamed for is perhaps not doing homework on DJ and realizing what a horrible piece of shit coward he is. Other than that, they did everything right.

DJ being so impressionable was probably why he was at the top of their list.

He did make his decision - he changed his mind and refused to let the Mavs have a meeting so that he could tell them that he did.

I suppose I should change my profile picture now

I just meant the first time. If you really didn't want to sign with the Mavs then just tell your agent to stop with the crap and let me sign back with LAC.

C4Lukins

Oh well we had a good run. Us Mavs fans I mean. A couple of years from now and who knows. It sucks that Dirk is going to go out like this. He deserves better.

Enron

Banned
I know it is going to be a rough couple of seasons for Mavs fans, but at least the Mavs won't have a bunch of money tied up in a player, who is definitely not worth it.

deandre jordan not worth it? The fuck?

I'm so angry about this I don't even want to post in this thread anymore.

So are the rest of our teams clenching ass cheeks hoping Cuban doesn't raid the rest of Free Agency "commits" with that extra money he suddenly has?

I know it is going to be a rough couple of seasons for Mavs fans, but at least the Mavs won't have a bunch of money tied up in a player, who is definitely not worth it.

He is worth it. Anyone with any basic understanding of the NBA and it's financial structure will tell you he is absolutely worth the money he is getting.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
We got you, fam.

QuerulousWellwornAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam.gif

7gqgf.gif

WojyahooNBA said:
Sources say San Antonio has agreed to a trade a future second-round pick to Sacramento for Ray McCallum to replace Cory Joseph

Damn what a good deal the Spurs. Ray McCallum did some good things when he was starting for the Kings as Karl entered. He can contribute and on his salary solid addition.

Mavs should do the right thing and release Dirk if that's what Dirk desires. That or give him a massive raise to make up for monetary sacrifices he made when he trusted the Mavs to put a contender around him these last few years, lol. They certainly have the extra cap room now.

Mavs should do the right thing and release Dirk if that's what Dirk desires. That or give him a massive raise to make up for monetary sacrifices he made when he trusted the Mavs to put a contender around him these last few years, lol. They certainly have the extra cap room now.

Im a mavs fan, but a dirk fan first. Been watching the mavs since I can remember, so about 25 years, and dirk deserves to go out in style. Release him and let him go to the spurs is my opinion.

Damn what a good deal the Spurs. Ray McCallum did some good things when he was starting for the Kings as Karl entered. He can contribute and on his salary solid addition.

What the hell are the Kings doing?

Im a mavs fan, but a dirk fan first. Been watching the mavs since I can remember, so about 25 years, and dirk deserves to go out in style. Release him and let him go to the spurs is my opinion.

You people sicken me.

bender

What time is it?

He's in a bad spot. Too loyal for his own good. Even if they could pay him more, that's not important to him either. Look at the money he passes up in endorsements.

Jerry needs to take Cuban under his wing and show him how to recruit/close deals.

C4Lukins

No Mavs fan would ever say this. "Release him to our mortal enemies so he can win a completely empty championship with the Spurs." Maybe we should trade him for a second round pick to the Lakers in 2018. Better yet we could trade him and Parsons to Houston, and agree to pay their salaries next year as well, in exchange Cuban gets to groom Harden's beard daily until his death.

Fjordson

I can't believe that Broussard tweet is real. His sources told him Mark Cuban was crying driving around Houston, trying to find Deandre's house?? Did he stick a source in Cuban's trunk. How the fuck would he know that lol.

bender

What time is it?
I can't believe that Broussard tweet is real. His sources told him Mark Cuban was crying driving around Houston, trying to find Deandre's house?? Did he stick a source in Cuban's trunk. How the fuck would he know that lol.

Think about how much money Broussard makes. Life ain't fair.

deandre jordan not worth it? The fuck?

I'm so angry about this I don't even want to post in this thread anymore.

Huh, when I posted, I didn't realize my opinion would make someone have such an angry response. By all means leave, I doubt anyone will miss your posts.

Edit: Oops I thought he was going to sign a 4yr/$110 million contract, not a 4yr/$84 million contract, that makes a lot more sense. Still leaving the first part in.

He is worth it. Anyone with any basic understanding of the NBA and it's financial structure will tell you he is absolutely worth the money he is getting.

Fair enough. I haven't been paying too much attention this offseason, outside of the moves Miami has made, and after doing a little research, it looks like lots of people are getting paid huge contracts.

I guess I just didn't realize how large the cap increase is going to be.

If the cavs can get three #1 picks in 4 years than I'm confidant the mavs can at least get 2 in 3... Silver will make sure to do us a solid after this. Especially if he wants Cubes to play nice during the next CBA.

Wait, I just remembered. Cuban was one of the owners that cried to call the CP3 trade off to the Lakers. But that didn't effect the Clippers negatively, in fact, it was that veto that allowed the Clippers to get CP3. Well, there goes that theory unless CP3 just has a vendetta against Cuban for it lol.

Wait, I just remembered. Cuban was one of the owners that cried to call the CP3 trade off to the Lakers. But that didn't effect the Clippers negatively, in fact, it was that veto that allowed the Clippers to get CP3. Well, there goes that theory unless CP3 just has a vendetta against Cuban for it lol.

I don't think there's an ulterior motive here. DJ just got cold feet once he realized that he'd be giving up money to move from LA to what was probably going to be a worse team than the one he's currently on.

I don't think there's an ulterior motive here. DJ just got cold feet once he realized that he'd be giving up money to move from LA to what was probably going to be a worse team than the one he's currently on.

He signed a 4yr deal with the Clips just like he would have with the mavs. He left a player option in there in case blake and cp bounce. So the money thing doesn't really play a factor, he would have made more in TX.

He signed a 4yr deal with the Clips just like he would have with the mavs. He left a player option in there in case blake and cp bounce. So the money thing doesn't really play a factor, he would have made more in TX.

He left a player option in there so that if he continues along this career trajectory he can sign a new contract right before he turns 30 that will pay him an absolute ton of money because of the significantly larger salary cap and yeah it's insurance in case the team is awful in three years. As for the money he's making, I'm not sure how much more he would have made given that he's still taxed in every state he plays away games at and he'd have smaller salary increases year over year.

Aww lawd DeAndre Jordan just Boozer'd the Mavs lmao

But what do I know I recently jumped ship from starting one job to another so I know that feel DeAndre

It's alright, Max Nowitzki will lead us to greatness again one day.
mjcry1.png

"valar morghulis"

edit: Also you know Cubes has something cooking since he's been silent on all this so far. He's about to go scorched earth on this.

Top Bottom