• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Branduil

Seriously though what kind of colossal piece of shit does Dumbandre have to be to do this to Dirk. He is truly among the worst humanity has to offer.

El Topo

Seriously though what kind of colossal piece of shit does Dumbandre have to be to do this to Dirk. He is truly among the worst humanity has to offer.

Oh come on. Maybe he got wet feet and decided to back out. No need to insult him like that. If you really want to be angry at anyone, direct your anger at the Clippers.

Branduil

Oh come on. Maybe he got wet feet and decided to back out. No need to insult him like that. If you really want to be angry at anyone, direct your anger at the Clippers.

Both him and the Clippers org are a bunch of clowns. They've always been a joke, but now they're a joke that will also deserve every single bad thing that ever happens to them from now on.

click

For the conspiracy doubters, wasn't the margin of error between the 6th seed and 2nd seed for the western conference like what. One game +/- for home court advantage during the playoffs? If I recall correctly if the Spurs had won that last regular season game they would have had gotten the 2nd seed in the west instead of the 6th.

Suddenly those conspiracy theories about knocking out rivals doesn't seem to far fetched.....

Kickz

Cubes now has to go on a rampage, sign Robin Lopez away from the Knicks and then hijack the Lakers trade for Hibbert.

Let the anarchy begin.

Cheebo

Banned
For the conspiracy doubters, wasn't the margin of error between the 6th seed and 2nd seed for the western conference like what. One game +/- for home court advantage during the playoffs? If I recall correctly if the Spurs had won that last regular season game they would have had gotten the 2nd seed in the west instead of the 6th.

Suddenly those conspiracy theories about knocking out rivals doesn't seem to far fetched.....
I feel for you man, but this is just good clean NBA offseason fun going on here.

And as for doing Mavs a solid....lol. I don't think they'd ever do Cuban a solid. Gilbert is trashed by fans online but he plays nice with the NBA.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Rocking a Lakers shirt and my purple and gold shorts tomorrow in support of the Lakers Summer League team. Pretty excited for some actual basketball since football isn't for another good month.

Wait, I just remembered. Cuban was one of the owners that cried to call the CP3 trade off to the Lakers. But that didn't effect the Clippers negatively, in fact, it was that veto that allowed the Clippers to get CP3. Well, there goes that theory unless CP3 just has a vendetta against Cuban for it lol.

Cuban responded to questions supporting the league after the fact.

There is no evidence whatsoever that Cuban, or any other owner, actually cried to the league to stop the CP3 trade. None. You really think that the league office was listening to Mark Cuban regarding this trade? The office hated Cuban for years.

Like most anti-Cuban BS, it's all made up by bitter fans who don't like the fact that Cuban speaks his mind and is pro-Mavs.

Adrian Wojnarowski
Adrian Wojnarowski – Verified account ‏@WojYahooNBA

Free agent forward Gerald Green has reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Miami Heat, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
5:59 AM - 9 Jul 2015
744 RETWEETS323 FAVORITES

Nice pick up... Now who's leaving? Chalmers or Birdman? Or both if Stoudamire is coming... Our bench is shaping up quite nicely.

No Mavs fan would ever say this. "Release him to our mortal enemies so he can win a completely empty championship with the Spurs." Maybe we should trade him for a second round pick to the Lakers in 2018. Better yet we could trade him and Parsons to Houston, and agree to pay their salaries next year as well, in exchange Cuban gets to groom Harden's beard daily until his death.

Don't question how much of a fan I am of the mavericks. I'm not alone with this sentiment for dirk. We don't want to see him retire on a 20 win team.

Mavs/Spurs rivalry is mostly built on respect now, they arnt MORTAL ENEMIES. And if he was going to go anywhere, it would be to the spurs. What is he going to do, go sign in Golden State? No. Cleveland? No. The only team that would make sense for Dirk would be SA since its literally 4 hours away.

But even then, he would probably retire before going to a different team. He wants to win but isn't a ring chaser. Him taking less money isn't a big deal to him, he was trying to leave the team in a good situation so that when he does retire, they are going to still be contending. But it looks like rebuild mode, because they aren't going to sign anyone long term and all the big FAs are taken. They don't really have enough assets to even make a trade at this point. Basically all they will do is sign a bunch of veterans to 1 year deals and then we have to deal with this all over again. The new "fish" Cuban will tell dirk is "YEAH WE ARE GUNNA GET KD NEXT OFF SEASON!" Which of course isn't going to happen unless KD wanted it on his own. They arn't going to be able to entice him to sign in Dallas just like all the other free agents the mavs have tried to get the last 3 summers.

I'm a fan of the mavericks. But right now the only maverick is dirk. The rest of the team are basically fill ins that we hardly even know. We might have some fandom for Devin Harris but its minimal.

Who else do they have? Chandler Parsons? He was over paid and still hasn't played his peak ability like he should. Raymond Felton? No one cares about him. The rest are just rookies or prospects.

Dirk IS the mavericks. I am a mavericks fan and want the best for dirk.

Ronin Ray

The only thing the Mavs can be blamed for is perhaps not doing homework on DJ and realizing what a horrible piece of shit coward he is. Other than that, they did everything right.

We already knew he was Dumbandre. Now we know he's a despicable and cowardly piece of trash as well.

Wait a coward really he's a coward because he didn't want to play BASKETBALL in Dallas. Did he dodge a war or something important to be a coward ? What was he exactly afraid of ? So is he brave and a hero if he stayed in Dallas? Tyson Chandler Karma is a bitch.

Adrian Wojnarowski
Adrian Wojnarowski – Verified account ‏@WojYahooNBA

Free agent forward Gerald Green has reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Miami Heat, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
5:59 AM - 9 Jul 2015
744 RETWEETS323 FAVORITES

Nice pick up... Now who's leaving? Chalmers or Birdman? Or both if Stoudamire is coming... Our bench is shaping up quite nicely.

Solid signing. Heat got him for the minimum too. He was averaging 12ppg in 20 minutes last year. He gives the bench a real scoring threat and when Wade takes off those 20 games, you'll still have decent scorer to fill in. Hope the Heat can do something about his defense though.

Wait a coward really he's a coward because he didn't want to play BASKETBALL in Dallas. Did he dodge a war or something important to be a coward ? What was he exactly afraid of ? So is he brave and a hero if he stayed in Dallas? Tyson Chandler Karma is a bitch.
He's afraid of talking face to face to an organization and people he lied to.

I dont care about Cuban's feelings in this. He's a business man and a guy he made an agreement with backed out of the deal at the last minute. Dont do business with that guy again is typically the standard business move.

I feel for Dirk though. Finishing out his career on a 15 win top lottery team isn't what anyone envisioned in 2011 or when he took the paycut. He's the most loved athlete in the area for a reason. He is the mavericks.

Parsons hasn't been here long enough but that dude seems like he cares at least.

He said that he'd talk to Cuban/mavs last, and is ignoring their phone calls/texts presumably because he's too scared.

That's a bit bitchmade

Ronin Ray

He's afraid of talking face to face to an organization and people he lied to.

I can see that if those reports are true. There is also reports his agent was pushing him to sign with the Mavs because he was Cuban's friend. Also did he lie or change his mind? Childish and immature sure but coward is such a strong word. NBA needs to change there rules. Fact is he did what he was allowed to do.

Ronin Ray

I dont care about Cuban's feelings in this. He's a business man and a guy he made an agreement with backed out of the deal at the last minute. Dont do business with that guy again is typically the standard business move.

I feel for Dirk though. Finishing out his career on a 15 win top lottery team isn't what anyone envisioned in 2011 or when he took the paycut. He's the most loved athlete in the area for a reason. He is the mavericks.

Parsons hasn't been here long enough but that dude seems like he cares at least.

He said that he'd talk to Cuban/mavs last, and is ignoring their phone calls/texts presumably because he's too scared.

That's a bit bitchmade

Nah he comes off like a big kid that made a bad choice and didn't know how to handle the situation. He doesn't owe the Mavs anything

Chris Broussard is tired of the disrespect.

Chris BroussardVerified account
‏@Chris_Broussard
@mcuban you didn't fly to Houston to text all night, did you?

well dayum

I can see that if those reports are true. There is also reports his agent was pushing him to sign with the Mavs because he was Cuban's friend. Also did he lie or change his mind? Childish and immature sure but coward is such a strong word. NBA needs to change there rules. Fact is he did what he was allowed to do.
I mean coward is literally someone afraid to do unpleasant things, and talking face to face with the man who's organization you crippled by going back on your word qualifies.

Personally I don't believe that DJ got pushed by his agent after reading this

"So notion of Fegan overtly steering DeAndre Jordan to Dallas is strongly disputed by at least three sources involved Jordan's recruitment" @ESPNSteinLine.

I mean coward is literally someone afraid to do unpleasant things, and talking face to face with the man who's organization you crippled by going back on your word qualifies.

"So notion of Fegan overtly steering DeAndre Jordan to Dallas is strongly disputed by at least three sources involved Jordan's recruitment" @ESPNSteinLine.

I really hope how things actually happened between the parties was much more professional than how the twitters and ESPN have been reporting it (since we've seen how absurd some of the reporting is). But on face value, DJ handled it very poorly from beginning to end.

That said, why the fallout with Fagan? You would imagine he'd be there. I can only imagine two realistic scenarios: 1) Fagan fucked up and did something DJ wasn't cool with so he didn't want representation from him anymore OR 2) Fagan told DJ he doesnt want anything to do with this deal because it hurts his rep with future dealings with teams. I would doubt he simply wasn't available for it.

EDIT: Just read Cuban's initial post to Mavs fans about DJ never contacting him over the past 2 days. Real dick move, DJ.

Champagne

Banned
The agent manipulation shit is some of the best face saving pr smoke I've ever heard in my life. Right when he's about to become the biggest villain in the league let's leak stories to the media about how poor old 11 year old Deandre Jordan was viciously manipulated by his agent into signing an 80 million dollar contract with another team.

Boo hoo.

Truly a tragedy.

I feel so terrible for him

Dude is a clown and a bum and I hope he never sees another contract.

Ronin Ray

There is an issue between Jordan and Fegan so instead of being a coward maybe he didn't want to deal with him and Cuban because he felt something was wrong so he just walked away. I am not saying Joradn handled it the best way but to jump to calling him a Coward because he left is off to me. If he felt something is shady and he didn't like it why does he owe them anything? As far as him crippling there organization the NBA needs to change those rules.

Lmfao, "We got roasted by Deandre Jordan but WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH WE GOT WES MATTHEWS!!!!!!!! THE CHAMPIONSHIP RUN IS ON!!!!!!! PLEASE BE EXCITED!!!"

I see that more of as "Wes Matthews sticks to his word unlike that backstabbing piece of shit DeAndre"

Champagne

Banned
There is an issue between Jordan and Fegan so instead of being a coward maybe he didn't want to deal with him and Cuban because he felt something was wrong so he just walked away. I am not saying Joradn handled it the best way but to jump to calling him a Coward because he left is off to me. If he felt something is shady and he didn't like it why does he owe them anything? As far as him crippling there organization the NBA needs to change those rules.
The lack of communication, the lack of transparency with a team her verbally gave his word to, him willingly being barricaded inside his own house by other grown as men all in length to avoid seeing Cuban, Parsons, or his agent face to face like a man, all make him a coward.

Unless you're a 12 year old girl I don't think I need to further explain to you why each of those things exemplifies a certain level of extreme cowardice and immaturity.

Lmfao, "We got roasted by Deandre Jordan but WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH WE GOT WES MATTHEWS!!!!!!!! THE CHAMPIONSHIP RUN IS ON!!!!!!! PLEASE BE EXCITED!!!"
Are you disappointed that it wasn't a Gilbert like letter and made up your own thing? lol

OctoMan

Banned
Anyone got a link of the best unsigned/uncommitted players still out there? I imagine it's not deep but I'd like to check it out.

Ronin Ray

The lack of communication, the lack of transparency with a team her verbally gave his word to, him willingly being barricaded inside his own house by other grown as men all in length to avoid seeing Cuban, Parsons, or his agent face to face like a man, all make him a coward.

Unless you're a 12 year old girl I don't think I need to further explain to you why each of those things exemplifies a certain level of extreme cowardice and immaturity.

First off lets not disrespect 12 year old girls alright and second he stills owes Dallas nothing at all. The NBA needs to change the rules. You have no clue how any of this happened or why but you question his manhood because your a hurt sports fan. If he's on the Mavs they love him, he's not on the mavs he's a coward.

Top Bottom