• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
7fFHdTM.gif

KodaRuss

If he really hasn't spoken to Cuban since Tuesday that's pretty low. Really hope Cuban shows up on the radio tomorrow, that would be entertaining.

I am sure he will be on The Ticket.

I live in Dallas and I am really not that big of a Mavs or Cuban fan but they are my team from back in high school with the dirty, nasty, filthy days. What a punch in the gut this is. I hope the Clippers just implode this year. Make it happen Basketball gods.

dream

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 1m1 minute ago
Heard there was an agent present when DJ signed tonight. It was a representative from his agency, but not Dan Fegan

I jokes about rooting for GS but I don't know if I can deal with this after the Rondo trade..
tocry.png

I gotta go hit the grocery store for some booze before they close....

Well again it is a bit classless to go against your word like that this late. But if he signed for 4 years the extra 30 million dollar argument is out the window.

hoping for some sort of karma here.

Fuck Deandre, and fuck the Clippers and their garbage-ass organization

Don't worry

The Clippers just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about NBA culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in MLS where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw a team over in the NBA, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that the NBA and the NBA players, after hearing this is not going to want to give the Clippers any more good players, nor let them get to the conference finals. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but the Clippers have alienated an entire market with this move.

Clippers, publicly apologize and give Deandre Jordan back to the Mavs, or you can kiss your NBA success goodbye

Wasn't sure whether to go with DJ, Dallas, and LA, or Clippers, NBa, and some other random league. First has issues with what can be done by Dallas public, 2nd has issues with what th asshole league is

https://twitter.com/LILBTHEBASEDGOD/status/618977551638069249

Enron

Banned
Thats ok. You lakers fans, your team is going to be shit for a loooooooooooong time, much longer than the Mavs are going to suck for. Enjoy!

Seriously, fuck everything about Los Angeles.

Ok so it was really DJ's agent that was pushing him to sign with the Mavs. Maybe that's just a scapegoat to push the blame onto someone else but you're a big boy, you can make your own decisions...

bender

What time is it?
Ok so it was really DJ's agent that was pushing him to sign with the Mavs. Maybe that's just a scapegoat to push the blame onto someone else but you're a big boy, you can make your own decisions...

He obviously can't make his own decisions.

Thats ok. You lakers fans, your team is going to be shit for a loooooooooooong time, much longer than the Mavs are going to suck for. Enjoy!

Seriously, fuck everything about Los Angeles.

I wouldn't be so sure. If anybody is as bad or worse than the Lakers at luring big time free agents lately it's Dallas.

Clips will never ever win it all. They are choke jobs led by individuals that don't take any accountability. Losers

Paul Pierce is gonna get sick of those dudes quick.

Paul Pierce will never allow that to happen.

It's the Clippers we're talking about. And Chris Paul. And BasedGod is watching DeAndre Jordan now.

Paul Pierce can only do so much

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I think they'll be better than they were last year with the addition of Pierce and Stephenson.

I agree, Clippers have turned a losing off-season into one of the best ones, maybe even 2nd best in the league after Spurs, but it would be absolutely AMAZING to see happen.
Just have a feeling it will and Mavs fans along with the rest of the NBA will get to experience sweet schadenfrude

Amazing, god tier FA opener. The Mavs only have themselves to blame; letting Doc outmaneuver them in Houston of all places. You'd think Cuban would have already had a foot in the door when they got there.

Enron

Banned
Amazing, god tier FA opener. The Mavs only have themselves to blame; letting Doc outmaneuver them in Houston of all places. You'd think Cuban would have already had a foot in the door when they got there.

The only thing the Mavs can be blamed for is perhaps not doing homework on DJ and realizing what a horrible piece of shit coward he is. Other than that, they did everything right.

Soonri

He did make his decision - he changed his mind and refused to let the Mavs have a meeting so that he could tell them that he did.

I suppose I should change my profile picture now

That depends on which Lance Stephenson they get..... Dualities
It'll at least be what they already get out of their bench, which was enough to get them a game away from the conference finals. I'm not saying they'll do any better than the second round again, but I think they're still a contender with Jordan.

Top Bottom