• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

rando14

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 38s38 seconds ago
OKC restricted free agent Enes Kanter signing a four-year, $70M maximum contract offer sheet with Blazers, league sources tell Yahoo.

89TF6ej.gif

"The Nets just announced that they've rescinded Mirza Teletovic's qualifying offer. He's now an unrestricted FA." - @JohnSchuhmann

Interesting option out there for some team.

Wow, $100k to charity for "sources"......

Does Cuban usually donate quite a bit regularly? you know without drama

He knows Broussard is either making this up or is getting played by one of his "sources", he has no intention of actually giving up that money, Cuban just wants to make Broussard look like an even bigger idiot.

ViciousDS

Banned
He knows Broussard is either making this up or is getting played by one of his "sources", he has no intention of actually giving up that money, Cuban just wants to make Broussard look like an even bigger idiot.

I'm aware, but as a general question is Cuban a charitable owner?

Why not just punt Tristan out the door. Does Cleveland need him? Or just get rid of Varejao.

No one can dismiss the force TT was in the playoffs, even against GS he was a hoover under the rim. Problem is, that's all he's good at. Can't throw the max at a guy who won't even start. Would rather give Mozgov that huge payday next year instead.

Varejao is coming off the ruptured Achilles. Can't count on him being 100% let alone being healthy for an entire year, so until we get another big we're stuck

Stay away Amare

Fjordson

No one can dismiss the force TT was in the playoffs, even against GS he was a hoover under the rim. Problem is, that's all he's good at. Can't throw the max at a guy who won't even start. Would rather give Mozgov that huge payday next year instead.

Varejao is coming off the ruptured Achilles. Can't count on him being 100% let alone being healthy for an entire year, so until we get another big we're stuck

Stay away Amare
TT is good and worth a decentchunk of change, but with Mozgov and Love already in tow meh.

But like Lyle said, maybe it is still about Lebron wanting him on the team.

Like it's an either/or between Thompson and Mozgov.

Again, it's Dan Gilbert's money, it's not money he can spend on anything else (NBA related), if he wants to throw max dollars at Thompson and max tax dollars at the league, go on and write those checks, Dan.

Fjordson

Not saying it'll cripple the franchise if they pay him lol. Just seems like a super expendable player based on what they already have on the roster.

Like it's an either/or between Thompson and Mozgov.

Again, it's Dan Gilbert's money, it's not money he can spend on anything else (NBA related), if he wants to throw max dollars at Thompson and max tax dollars at the league, go on and write those checks, Dan.

Of course Gilbert can do it, we all know that. It just sets a bad precedent giving in to exactly what Rich Paul wants, plus it hurts the ability to move his contract later. I don't think anyone wants him gone, especially since we wouldn't be able to replace him.

TT is good and worth a decentchunk of change, but with Mozgov and Love already in tow meh.

But like Lyle said, maybe it is still about Lebron wanting him on the team.

I just hope it doesn't come back to haunt.

I hope making it to the Finals motivates TT to get in the gym and work on his low post and short jumper game. Learn from what Draymond Green brought to his team. If he can become at least a respectable threat on offense, he'll be worth the cost. If not...fuck him, to be frank.

Of course Gilbert can do it, we all know that. It just sets a bad precedent giving in to exactly what Rich Paul wants, plus it hurts the ability to move his contract later. I don't think anyone wants him gone, especially since we wouldn't be able to replace him.

Agreed on all counts.

I think he'll be easily movable if it comes down to it, though. That's a problem for somewhere down the line, if it ever is one.

Let's say Thompson gets 88 over 5. You think a half dozen teams wouldn't return Cleveland's phone call if they started shopping him around in December? They say 27 teams are going to have buckets of cap space next summer, and 26 of them aren't going to sign Kevin Durant. How many of those teams might be willing to give up an asset or two for Thompson? His offense is about as useful as DeAndre Jordan's. Perhaps more, since it's probably only 75% lobs and not Jordan's 90. Maybe he's not as useful defensively, but then, smarter people than me say Jordan's defensive production is somewhat overrated. I don't mean to downgrade Jordan, but I'm just throwing out an example.

His asking price might be unreasonable to you and me (actually not me, because what do I care), but it seems in today's NBA and certainly in tomorrow's, it's probably not a bad price, and more than one team would pay it.

Branduil

I love how the new narrative among Clipper loonies is that Fegan somehow tricked the 26-year-old baby into signing with a different team.

"Actually, it's about ethics in player representation" is the new "actually, it's about ethics in game journalism/actually it's about heritage not hate/etc."

I think he'll be easily movable if it comes down to it, though. That's a problem for somewhere down the line, if it ever is one.

Let's say Thompson gets 88 over 5. You think a half dozen teams wouldn't return Cleveland's phone call if they started shopping him around in December? They say 27 teams are going to have buckets of cap space next summer, and 26 of them aren't going to sign Kevin Durant. How many of those teams might be willing to give up an asset or two for Thompson? His offense is about as useful as DeAndre Jordan's. Perhaps more, since it's probably only 75% lobs and not Jordan's 90. Maybe he's not as useful defensively, but then, smarter people than me say Jordan's defensive production is somewhat overrated. I don't mean to downgrade Jordan, but I'm just throwing out an example.

His asking price might be unreasonable to you and me (actually not me, because what do I care), but it seems in today's NBA and certainly in tomorrow's, it's probably not a bad price, and more than one team would pay it.
stop being so reasonable and even-keeled. it's fatiguing.

Chandler Parsons irked by DeAndre Jordan reneging on Mavs deal

"This is something that I've never seen in my career, and I know that it doesn't happen very often," Parsons told ESPN.com on Thursday. "When a man gives you his word and an organization his word, especially when that organization put in so much effort and I walked him through this process and was very, very open and willing to work with him, it's just very unethical and disrespectful."

"He wasn't ready for being a franchise player. He was scared," Parsons said. "He was scared to take the next step in his career. There was no other reason other than that he was comfortable and he has friendships there. How you make a business decision like that is beyond me. How you ignore an owner like Mark who is in your hometown just waiting for a chance to talk to you is beyond me.

"I don't think he made a mistake. I think he'll be good in L.A. He's got a good team, he's got a great point guard, he's got Blake, but I think he could have been a superstar in Dallas. He could have been the man in Dallas. Never in a million years did I think that this was even a possibility.

"I'll still be friends with him, but I can't get over the way that he's put our entire franchise in jeopardy. It's normal to get cold feet. It's normal to get second thoughts, but you don't back out of a commitment of this much magnitude this late in the game and just leave us high and dry."

Fjordson

I don't think TT's price is too crazy with all the money that's flying around the league right now, just not really necessary with Cleveland's other bigs in tow.

However, with Love's recent history of injuries maybe I'm overrating the security that a Love + Mozgov combo provides.

zychi

Banned
I heard Mike and Mike this morning using that Broussard "Cuban driving around looking for his house" story.

That would piss me off if I was Cuban too.

If only Cuban could use google and a newspaper's house purchased section to find out where DeAndre Jordan lives...

I hope Cuban doesn't let up with Broussard

If cubes is getting this worked up about Broussard than just imagine what he's got cooking. Cubes ain't gonna let this go quietly, this ordeal is going to cost a shit ton of money when fans aren't buying tickets.

Supposedly the clippers fukkery of keeping cubes out might have gave him the ammunition he needs.

Branduil

Top Bottom