• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

SaintR

Emergency NBA After Dark pod with Ryan, Litman, and Sharp just downloaded to my phone. Cannot wait to listen.

Just listened to this, this is great! The guys dissing on Chandler Parsons which was in turn pissing off the female host (Juliet?) had me laughing. Def great chemistry together, this will pair nicely with my Starters podcast which is also great. Thanks for mentioning this!

Kronotech

Gerald put up some great numbers when he started in Bledsoe's place (during his injury) and then we picked up IT last year and Green's minutes started to shrink in favor of the 3 PG rotation. His defense was not that great and he could go cold for a stretch but I don't think he deserved to lose his minutes... unless Phx knew they were going to be done with him in favor of giving Goodwin more minutes (which I'm in favor of).

Bummed to lose him but since we picked up Booker, I'm ok with it. Heat got a great piece.

SAN ANTONIO (July 9, 2015) - The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have acquired guard Ray McCallum from the Sacramento Kings in exchange for a 2016 second round pick.

McCallum, 6-3/190, started 30 of his 68 appearances with the Kings in 2014-15, averaging 7.4 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.8 assists in 21.1 minutes while shooting .438 (206-470) from the field and .306 (34-111) three-point range.

Originally selected by Sacramento in the second round (36th overall) of the 2013 NBA Draft, the former University of Detroit Mercy Titan has appeared in a total of 113 NBA games in his two-year career, averaging 6.9 points, 2.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 20.6 minutes.
No idea who this is or whether this is a decent bench player.

No idea who this is or whether this is a decent bench player.

Great deal, he is going to fill in for Cory Joseph well. Not saying he is as good of a defender, but he can score points and run an offense to some extent again I was watching the Kings try to run plays and miss a lot of 3s. So his stats could have been much higher in the assist column.

They gave Hibbert Bynum's old number...
tocry.png
That's my no fucks given center

Also how am I just now finding out that apparently Paul George smashed Roy Hibbert's wife? No wonder he went in the tank. HOpefully nobody on the Lakers tries that shit (i'm looking at you, Ryan Kelly)

Great deal, he is going to fill in for Cory Joseph well. Not saying he is as good of a defender, but he can score points and run an offense to some extent again I was watching the Kings try to run plays and miss a lot of 3s. So his stats could have been much higher in the assist column.
I'm sure Pop will bring out whatever potential he has. I'm just glad they got someone to step into Joseph's spot. Now maybe they'll get some depth at center.

You think the Hawks, Bucks, and Wizards are better than the Raptors now? Lol. Please. Lowry and DeRozan were hurt most of last season.
Boston got better too. Underrated pickups for sure, but Lee and Johnson going to help you guys if they stay healthy Celtics-GAF.

Toronto's roster got worse, they have one of the worst coaches in the league and Lowry and Derozan both regressed to their normal talent level after hot starts. Milwaukee won more playoff games than them last year and they upgraded their roster overall in addition to getting Jabari Parker back.

Toronto's roster got worse, they have one of the worst coaches in the league and Lowry and Derozan both regressed to their normal talent level after hot starts. Milwaukee won more playoff games than them last year and they upgraded their roster overall in addition to getting Jabari Parker back.

How? roster got better defensively I expect Terrence Ross and Cory Joseph to help make up for the output offensively of Vasquez and Lou Williams, and both are better defenders. Bucks got a big so I will give you that.Jabari might get better but who knows dude is coming off ACL tear it takes an addition year to get to nearly 100%. Bucks did win more games but also got embarrassed in the last playoff game so forget about any moral victories. Lowry clearly carried the team too long for the 1st half of the season with DeMar out and when he returned it fucked with our rotation and defensive identity. We were winning with Lou being Lou but in the postseason, you can't win with IsoLou. I agree how coach is a dumbass who should get fired after this year.

tmac456

Heat got Gerald Green for a vet minimum. Great pickup.

The Bulls aren't doing anything else after re-signing Aaron Brooks. The Bulls front office is deluded enough to think they built a championship roster last year that failed entirely because of Thibs so they hired a yes-man, ass kisser to run the same roster out there. Idiots.

I think the East playoffs now looks like this: CLE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MIA>MIL>>WAS>ATL>>>>>>>>CHI,TOR,BOS

lol what exactly was chicago supposed to do this offseason? they got Butler signed to a long term max when he could have easily done a 1+1 or 2+1 to cash in bigger. resigning Dunleavy was also done for a bargain when he could have gotten more elsewhere.

I don't see Toronto being better than a 5th seed. As much as DeMarre was my favorite Hawk...I don't see him being as good offensively on the Raptors when I think the system is what allowed him to thrive in ATL. Of course, I want him to prove me wrong, just not against the Hawks ;P

They gave Hibbert Bynum's old number...
tocry.png
That's my no fucks given center

Also how am I just now finding out that apparently Paul George smashed Roy Hibbert's wife? No wonder he went in the tank. HOpefully nobody on the Lakers tries that shit (i'm looking at you, Ryan Kelly)

Didn't that cause a fight between evan turner and lance stephenson during practice when turner said something along the lines of "who cares about who's fking who" and stephenson got into him over it. Also I thought it was Hibbert's gf at the time. You telling me he married her?

random25

Didn't that cause a fight between evan turner and lance stephenson during practice when turner said something along the lines of "who cares about who's fking who" and stephenson got into him over it. Also I thought it was Hibbert's gf at the time. You telling me he married her?

She was still Hibbert's fiancee when that rumor exploded. And they're married, yeah, and I think George was still invited in their wedding. I dunno if the rumor was even true as nobody really stepped up to confirm it afaik.

Let's just hope that we don't regret giving up the 2nd round pick. I imagine it won't be a travesty, but good things have come from a late pick. Manu Ginobli says hello.

Wait what? The hibbert to LA for a second round pick is real???

Edit: omg you weren't kidding. Wow Roy what a fall from prominence.

Heat got Gerald Green for a vet minimum. Great pickup.

The Bulls aren't doing anything else after re-signing Aaron Brooks. The Bulls front office is deluded enough to think they built a championship roster last year that failed entirely because of Thibs so they hired a yes-man, ass kisser to run the same roster out there. Idiots.

I think the East playoffs now looks like this: CLE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MIA>MIL>>WAS>ATL>>>>>>>>CHI,TOR,BOS

Just to show how weird the east is, I would swap your bottom 3 with the upper 4 (Cleveland on top of course). The way Boston played last year makes me think they could be even better.

No wonder Indiana inexplicably fell apart.

Just to show how weird the east is, I would swap your bottom 3 with the upper 4 (Cleveland on top of course). The way Boston played last year makes me think they could be even better.

Boston has the least talent out of all of those teams, they just have a really good coach. I can't see them winning more than 50 games (if that).

Celtics will get at least 73 wins this season.

I've loosely followed OKC since they left Seattle but I've followed Boston the last few years since they drafted Olynyk and I really like Brad Stevens.

You follow the Celtics because of Olynyk and Stevens? You sound white enough to play SF for us.

"Story going online now: ESPN sources say Deron Williams seeking release from Brooklyn Nets so he can sign with his hometown Dallas Mavericks" - Marc Stein

LOL, what the hell?

Deron Williams pursuing avenues into free agency to join hometown Mavs

Sources told ESPN.com that the Nets, whose well-chronicled hope is moving out both Williams and fellow former cornerstone Joe Johnson before the start of next season, have opened buyout talks with Williams on the remaining two years and $43 million of his contract. ‎

A buyout, if Williams' representatives and the Nets can come to terms, would be Brooklyn's preference compared to outright waiving the 31-year-old. The Nets have been adamant since the end of the season that they do not want to simply release Williams via the stretch provision, even though it would allow them to pay out his remaining salary over the next five seasons and also reduce their luxury-tax bill, as long as such a measure is executed before an Aug. 31 deadline.

"Story going online now: ESPN sources say Deron Williams seeking release from Brooklyn Nets so he can sign with his hometown Dallas Mavericks" - Marc Stein

LOL, what the hell?

Lol this would help Boston so much. Brooklyn would be a bottom 5 team and Dallas would still be bad enough to be in the lottery but good enough to not get a top 7 pick. If only next year's draft wasn't as bad.

Marz

Winners? They still have no dept. They cant beat GSW, Spurs, Rockets, Memphis, let alone the Cavs. They were never a well liked franchise before & now they just pissed off the whole league. Good luck with future trades.

Memphis sucks ass. I don't see why everyone keeps talking about them like they're any good they ain't winning anything.

Memphis sucks ass. I don't see why everyone keeps talking about them like they're any good they ain't winning anything.

Spoilers they are! A lot like the Spurs teams when shaq was winning rings with the lakers. Strong chemistry, excellent defence, continuity, coaching, but not quite good enough to get past the conference finals at best.

They need their own Manu and 1 maybe 2 bench swing men to reach championship potential.

Enker

That guy got anything left? He’s been the guy with potential for the last 3 years without any consistency

Either he has been sandbagging it aside from “now and again” or he’s legitimately never recovered from various surgeries.

Either way please let this happen, even if Boston has our picks, it still cleans out the roster. Can’t wait for the “THANK YOU CUBAN” chants to start back up if it does (It’s been too long). This would also be the largest domino to fall thanks to the Clippers, by far.

Chandler Parsons is pissed.

What is your reaction to DeAndre Jordan’s decision to back out of his commitment and return to the Clippers?

Parsons: “I’m shocked, very disappointed, frustrated, disrespected. This is something that I’ve never seen in my career, and I know that it doesn’t happen very often. When a man gives you his word and an organization his word, especially when that organization put in so much effort and I walked him through this process and was very, very open and willing to work with him, it’s just very unethical and disrespectful.”

Anything else you want to add?

Parsons: “He wasn’t ready for being a franchise player. He was scared. He was scared to take the next step in his career. There was no other reason other than that he was comfortable and he has friendships there. How you make a business decision like that is beyond me. How you ignore an owner like Mark who is in your hometown just waiting for a chance to talk to you is beyond me.

Okay guys starting a podcast soon with two of my friends and need opinions on what you guys would like to hear. Maybe just general talk about basketball (current state, old school, news around the league, our opinions on various players)

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/238711/Cuban-Provides-Details-Of-Trying-To-Meet-With-Jordan

Mark Cuban wrote a post on social media detailing his accounts of DeAndre Jordan reversing his decision to sign with the Dallas Mavericks to remain with the Los Angeles Clippers.

ESPN's Chris Broussard reported on Wednesday that Cuban was driving all over Houston trying to locate Jordan's house, which the owner of the Mavs has strongly denied.

"Dear Mavs fans,

"After all the nonsense coming from an ESPN employee on Twitter, I thought I would provide the events of the day on Tuesday.

"Through all of Monday we were texting back and forth discussing players available, the amount of cap room we had left. Who our staff liked. Who he liked. How excited he was.

"Then on Tuesday the communications basically stopped and we started hearing rumblings from multiple people that something was up.

"So I flew down to Houston and got a room at the Galleria, which is just a few minutes from his house. I had my driver take me to his house. It's inside a small gated community but the gate was wide open. So we drove in and I literally walked up to his door.

"There was no one home. So I texted him saying that I was there. I know something is up. Let's talk. He texted me that he was on a date,

I told him to have fun. I wasn't in a rush, that I was happy to come by there and say hi or if he wanted to make the date fun, take them to Dallas for a night out.

"He didn't respond.

"After about 10 minutes I went back to the hotel. I wasn't going to sit in front of his house. I didn't think that was right.

"When I got back to the hotel I texted him that I wasn't in front of his house. Have fun on his date and we will talk.

"He hit me back immediately saying thanks. He knew I was in town. He knew I was close by. I knew something was up. I was getting the same reports everyone else was.

"I also knew his agents were coming to town. It made sense that he would talk to them and worst case, even if he was having second thoughts the agent would be able to give me updates.

"Like any big career move it's natural to have second thoughts. So while I was concerned, I still wasn't worried. So I went to bed.

"More to come."

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 1m1 minute ago
Just recorded a podcast w/ @JJRedick going inside the DeAndre Jordan saga. Should be up very soon.

For the official record (no matter what is said), Redick is innocent in all this because he is a Blue Devil.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That guy got anything left? He's been the guy with potential for the last 3 years without any consistency

As someone who watched him for a few dozen games the last few years, he has NOTHING left. Nothing left while in NYC with this team, at least. He needs to understand and scale back his role a bit for him to be successful. He's not a stud. He's not even a good player. He's a role player and needs to act like it.

otapnam

As someone who watched him for a few dozen games the last few years, he has NOTHING left. Nothing left while in NYC with this team, at least. He needs to understand and scale back his role a bit for him to be successful. He's not a stud. He's not even a good player. He's a role player and needs to act like it.

The statements by pierce earlier this year about brooklyn were pretty telling. Called out the key guys not being ready and that he and kg has to pull alot more weight than they thought they were going to (key players rather than role players)

Top Bottom