• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

phanphare

Banned

what a schmuck

I feel like DeAndre is going to get booed in more places than just Dallas

Meh other than not returning Cuban's call which was bitch made he can pick another team. He never signed the dotted line. Verbal agreements don't mean shit in big business.

tell that to literally every other free agent this off-season and the organizations that stopped pursuing them once they had a verbal agreement in place

Tom Penny

Meh other than not returning Cuban's call which was bitch made he can pick another team. He never signed the dotted line. Verbal agreements don't mean shit in big business.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 38s38 seconds ago
OKC restricted free agent Enes Kanter signing a four-year, $70M maximum contract offer sheet with Blazers, league sources tell Yahoo.

That isn't a joke? That's real? I'm trying to think of a worse contact but I'm drawing a blank right now.

Very eloquently put by Parsons. I can't believe this whole situation has me feeling bad for the freaking Mavs. Fuck DA.

Anyway, just wanted to mention that Timmy's unselfishness knows no boundaries. Simply incredible. Truly one of the greatest in every aspect.

Tom Penny

tell that to literally every other free agent this off-season and the organizations that stopped pursuing them once they had a verbal agreement in place

Those are the breaks. Frank Gore had verbal agreement with the Eagles. Instead he called up Andre Johnson and basically said let's both go to the Colts. Shit happens.

sure, shit happens. however that shit that happened made deandre look like a schmuck.

I still put a lot of the blame on the Clippers, if they wanted to keep him that badly than why didn't they put all that effort in at the beginning. Shits sketchy as fuck........

Also if the draft is going to suck this year like 2013's draft then I wish that they would go ahead and let the pick go to Boston. Only tank if it's a stacked draft like 2010 where you can get a John Wall or Demarcus Cousins.

I still put a lot of the blame on the Clippers, if they wanted to keep him that badly than why didn't they put all that effort in at the beginning. Shits sketchy as fuck........

I think they overestimated DJ's maturity. It's clear that the Mavs really weren't for him, but he's apparently easily influenced by flash and hard sells.

Sandfox

That isn't a joke? That's real? I'm trying to think of a worse contact but I'm drawing a blank right now.

He's restricted so offering the max is about the only way they even had a chance to steal him away.

"Be a professional. Pick up the phone. If you're not going to meet with him, pick up the phone and tell the guy that you're committed to what you're feeling, what you're going through and maybe he can talk it out and help you. But do not ignore the guy. Do not make him sit there and sweat it out. That's just very unprofessional. I can't get over that part."

Part that sticks out to me the most. Sums everything up for me

If cubes is getting this worked up about Broussard than just imagine what he's got cooking. Cubes ain't gonna let this go quietly, this ordeal is going to cost a shit ton of money when fans aren't buying tickets.

Supposedly the clippers fukkery of keeping cubes out might have gave him the ammunition he needs.

Cuban is getting what he deserves.

bender

What time is it?
I don't think anyone can name 5 players that had achilles and came back the same. Incredibly stupid.

Well, "sources" said Deandre would join the Mavs if they landed Wes. Wes also agreed to take less money if Deandre would join the team. Now that Deandre is out of the picture, I don't see a problem with rewarding Wes' loyalty especially when the Mavs have been knocked for this in the past. They have the cap money anyway and no one to spend it on.

Anyway, just wanted to mention that Timmy's unselfishness knows no boundaries. Simply incredible. Truly one of the greatest in every aspect.

It's great when that unselfishness works out for you. He deserves it and so do the Spurs.

Part that sticks out to me the most. Sums everything up for me
I know of a certain somebody who went through the same thing last year

pat1.jpg

Roy Hibbert trade confirmation Lakers trading away a 2nd round pick.

Hibbert went from a premiere big to "we got a 2nd rounder. Deal" in 2 seasons.

Let's just hope that we don't regret giving up the 2nd round pick. I imagine it won't be a travesty, but good things have come from a late pick. Manu Ginobli says hello.

Its worth the stretch for those weird nights when we have to go up against a real center.
Looking forward to watching Dwight blow 2 ftrs. And getting the ball stripped 10 times a game, while he looks at the ref for help all game long. Never change man never change.

so you're ok with kanter getting the max...but not deandre?
I didn't say it was a great move, just Portland trying to do something, anything with their spending money. I can understand it. It's not as if they're doing much these days and you have to put players on the floor.

i don't think either player deserves the max but again the max now will look a lot smaller in a year or two. So meh.

I still can't believe that contract for Wes, what the hell is Cuban thinking? You don't rebuild by paying guys coming off achiles injuries gigantic contracts. It was stupid when the Kings were going to do it and it's even stupider now.

Cuban is getting what he deserves.

Cuban's said some stupid shit but Lakers fans are still mad even though the veto on the CP3 trade would have happened with or without his input. I don't know why he gets so much blame when Stern was the one making the decision.

He said some dumb stuff on the Trayvon deal but I give him a pass considering he did a lot of work with Damon outside of Shark Tank on seminars to help black business owners succeed in creating and running their own businesses.

I still can't believe that contract for Wes, what the hell is Cuban thinking? You don't rebuild by paying guys coming off achiles injuries gigantic contracts. It was stupid when the Kings were going to do it and it's even stupider now.

He's just doing him a solid for staying and he needs to put players on the floor. It's not that big of a deal all things considering.

edit: At the very least he becomes a trade asset if he comes back healthy once the cap goes up. At this point contracts are going in only one direction. Last year ppl were laughing at Parsons contract while 3/45 doesn't sound that bad now.

spyder_ur

I'm really disappointed Young is trash. I don't care how open you are in D league dude shot 46% from 3 and can't put in the ocean...

No questions he's been disappointing, but I think it's important to remember that he's still the youngest player on the summer league roster, not even 20.

Smart is absolutely destroying this game everywhere. I really really like Mickey - he moves around the floor really smoothly and has decent touch.

Tom Penny

No questions he's been disappointing, but I think it's important to remember that he's still the youngest player on the summer league roster, not even 20.

Smart is absolutely destroying this game everywhere. I really really like Mickey - he moves around the floor really smoothly and has decent touch.

Smart has dominated the game as he should. Once his figures out shot selection mixing it up with more drives he has some really good potential. He's already a beast on D. Mickey is pretty good. I didn't know he could hit 18 footers. I like Rozier too. He definitely needs to work on his shot but he is quick.

Yeah. I'm a little worried having him on the bench during the regular season. He better have some D to make up for it.

he's got the athletic ability of my grandpa. He ain't gonna be guarding anyone. His value is in his passing and (potentially) shooting. LIke a poor man's Boris Diaw if he lives up to expectations.

TRios Zen

he's got the athletic ability of my grandpa. He ain't gonna be guarding anyone. His value is in his passing and (potentially) shooting. LIke a poor man's Boris Diaw if he lives up to expectations.

I don't disagree, but he has to get better handles if he wants to stay a Spur - too many unforced turn-overs in the summer league games I saw.

He's a work in progress, will spend more time in d-league I'd guess this year.

Heat got Gerald Green for a vet minimum. Great pickup.

The Bulls aren't doing anything else after re-signing Aaron Brooks. The Bulls front office is deluded enough to think they built a championship roster last year that failed entirely because of Thibs so they hired a yes-man, ass kisser to run the same roster out there. Idiots.

I think the East playoffs now looks like this: CLE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MIA>MIL>>WAS>ATL>>>>>>>>CHI,TOR,BOS

Miami's ceiling is probably 2-3 seed but realistically I wouldn't be surprised that we drop to as low as 6th because we old as fuck/still lack offensive firepower

The Bulls aren't doing anything else after re-signing Aaron Brooks. The Bulls front office is deluded enough to think they built a championship roster last year that failed entirely because of Thibs so they hired a yes-man, ass kisser to run the same roster out there. Idiots.

I think the East playoffs now looks like this: CLE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MIA>MIL>>WAS>ATL>>>>>>>>CHI,TOR,BOS

You think the Hawks, Bucks, and Wizards are better than the Raptors now? Lol. Please. Lowry and DeRozan were hurt most of last season.
Boston got better too. Underrated pickups for sure, but Lee and Johnson going to help you guys if they stay healthy Celtics-GAF.

wtf happened to Gerald Green? Wasn't he considered a "Most Improved Player" a year or two ago with the suns? I remember Barkley and Kenny Smith talking about him all the time.

Top Bottom