• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

"Regarding my Wednesday report: I should have attempted to contact Mark Cuban before reporting what my sources were telling me. I always try to carry myself with honesty and integrity both personally and professionally. I recognize that I tweeted hastily, I’m sorry for it, and I will learn from my mistake."@Chris_Broussard

I'm sure he's going to change after this.

"Regarding my Wednesday report: I should have attempted to contact Mark Cuban before reporting what my sources were telling me. I always try to carry myself with honesty and integrity both personally and professionally. I recognize that I tweeted hastily, I’m sorry for it, and I will learn from my mistake."@Chris_Broussard

"I made something up and got called out."

Fjordson

Lmao man the original tweet was hilarious. Broussard is such a clown.

So Broussard expects people to believe that he had not one, but multiple people somehow giving him the information that Mark Cuban was driving around Houston distraught and trying to get DJ's address?? Lol get fucked.

Following the whole DJ fiasco has been kinda crazy but wildly entertaining. My guess is the NBA will overreact and change it so that there is no waiting period in free agency from July 1st.

Following the whole DJ fiasco has been kinda crazy but wildly entertaining. My guess is the NBA will overreact and change it so that there is no waiting period in free agency from July 1st.

Allegedly they can't do that, because the NBA fiscal year ends June 30th, and it takes some time to audit the numbers before coming up with the next year's cap number, which is how they form the basis for all these contracts.

The alternatives would be to push back the free agency period to start later, or to run the audit without complete numbers on the prior fiscal year (but the Players Association apparently has an issue with this). The argument against pushing back the start of the free agency period is that everyone will still have handshake deals done beforehand secretly, but that already happens before July 1st rolls around anyway.

JJ Redick/Zach Lowe pod is up

edit: very interesting answer from Redick to Lowe's question to him on if DJ owed Cubes a phone call. Essentially lays the blame for the whole thing at the feet of Dan Fegan.

To clarify, he was blaming Fegan for this one aspect (notifying the Mavericks), says it's the agent job to communicate between team and player, both directions. What he didn't do was go into anything about whether or not Jordan was pressured or misled in any way prior to changing his mind. (For that matter, he doesn't even go into detail about whether Jordan was even communicating with Fegan in order for Fegan to communicate with the Mavericks.)

Broussard is a real easy guy to not like.

So Spurs have found a Center

Eurohoops.net
‏@Eurohoopsnet
#Euroleague #NBA As our own @leftmoutis can confirm, Boban Marjanovic is leaving @kkcrvenazvezda for the @spurs http://www.eurohoops.net/?p=109178

Know nothing about the guy, but he is huge. 7'4. Here are some highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Qj4YjNUJw
One thing I noticed from the video is there was a lot of passing with the team he is on. Hopefully that translates to his bench play.

EvergreenUnrealisticCricket

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/3ctair/the_evolution_of_each_nba_teams_logo/

The Bull dares you to change. Just try it. See what happens.

I don't think so, unless it was during Summer League or something. But yeah, from highlights he looks like a pretty good passer for his size. Should fit in nicely.
It was probably during the Summer League, because I definitely don't recall him playing even with the third stringers during that time.

Is there a better logo / uniform than the current Warriors? It's beautiful.

Homer.

Actually, I've kind of had a soft spot for the Celtics uniform for years. I can't explain it except that maybe it's related to my youth league basketball team I was on during 5th and 6th grades, whose uniforms were green with white lettering. It's not that I'm appreciative of the Celtics, I'm just longing for lost youth.

That, or I could go for a bowl of Lucky Charms. Either way, really.

Gigglepoo

I feel that the Sonics' logo changing to the OKC logo is very disrespectful

The Thunder should have done what the Baltimore Ravens had to do -- start with a fresh history. The NFL knew there would be another Cleveland Browns at some point and we all know the Supersonics will be back in the future. Seattle lost its team; it should have kept its history.

The Thunder should have done what the Baltimore Ravens had to do -- start with a fresh history. The NFL knew there would be another Cleveland Brown's at some point and we all know the Supersonics will be back in the future. Seattle lost its team; it should have kept its history.

That's been my position on Charlotte. As nice as it is to see the Hornets name and colors returned, it's been sullied by the move to New Orleans. Charlotte was basically awarded a new team immediately, the name should have stayed behind.

Is there a better logo / uniform than the current Warriors? It's beautiful.

Honestly, I love how they the entire logo is incorporated on the front, and I wish other teams would try that sometime. Reminds me of what Hockey jerseys do, and it's so awesome compared to merely the font. My Arizona Coyotes jersey is fucking awesome probably because the logo is plastered on the front.

I was wondering if other NBA teams would find a way to incorporate their logo onto jerseys like the Dubs do. That would be really cool.

The Thunder should have done what the Baltimore Ravens had to do -- start with a fresh history. The NFL knew there would be another Cleveland Browns at some point and we all know the Supersonics will be back in the future. Seattle lost its team; it should have kept its history.

Maybe the league is telling you that there may be another Seattle team but not another SuperSonics Team

Kevtones

After playing minorly in the first two games, Joe Young has been unstoppable in SL. 27 points a game. Dude is gonna ball (yeah I know it's just SL but guy can flat out play).

+1

I also miss the old Alamodome court design, with the Fiesta colors on full display. I would support a movement to bring that back, even if it was just for a year.
Kind of partial to the black, silver and white. Of course I kind of came into my Spurs fandom during the Finals series against Detroit.

Spurs got Marjanovic? Shit ain't fair man. It just ain't fair.
Is he that good?

Aldridge, West, McCallum Jr and Marjanovic seems like decent depth from what we had. The only person we haven't "replaced" is Beli's sharp shooter ability.

Gigglepoo

That's been my position on Charlotte. As nice as it is to see the Hornets name and colors returned, it's been sullied by the move to New Orleans. Charlotte was basically awarded a new team immediately, the name should have stayed behind.

Wait, did the Bobcats start as a fresh franchise? Does that mean LJ and Zo belong to the Pelican's history? That's so weird...

Wait, did the Bobcats start as a fresh franchise? Does that mean LJ and Zo belong to the Pelican's history? That's so weird...

Yes, the Hornets history went with the team to New Orleans, but the pre-move history was "returned" to Charlotte after New Orleans adopted the Pelicans name and Charlotte took the Hornets name back a season later. So basically, Zo and Grandmama are Charlotte Hornets, Chris Paul is a New Orleans Hornet.

In addition, the team announced that after collaborating with the NBA and the New Orleans Pelicans, all of the statistical information, records and history of Charlotte NBA basketball will also be returning to the franchise. The Hornets will now own and have access to all of the historical elements from not only the Bobcats era (2004-2014) but also the original Hornets era in Charlotte (1988-2002). The Pelicans will maintain the history and statistics beginning with the team’s first season in New Orleans (2002-03).

http://www.nba.com/hornets/charlotte-hornets-name-returns-carolinas

Top Bottom