• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
No problem,im in the lobby.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Chris.

Offensive boards,the 2nd chance points won that game for me.

GG.

Very disappointing loss for me. I wanted to win that game very badly, but I just couldn't pull it out at the end. I was out of sync on offense and you made some really big shots throughout the entirety of the game (damn you Brooks! *shakey fist* ). You're team would be neigh unstoppable if you had Yao...

Matrix

Brooks shot right before half was so damn lucky :lol I do miss Yao,though Deke played better than usual.

I felt out of sync on D most the game,you had many moments where you had me out of wack and in bad match up situations.

It came down to all my 2nd half O rebounds and timely 3's that helped me secure the W.

Yeah, you're rebounding killed me.

Camby has been pissing me off lately. He's got a star, but he can't make most of his shots down low for some reason. Nene has been my most valuable post player this season, but that's not saying much considering how much I attack with my guards + Melo.

AirBrian

gg, Smokey. Man, you are too good with Bogans. :lol I lost count of the number of good defensive series I had only to have you drain a shot with Bogans at the buzzer with a hand in your face. The dude is sick!

So were you resting Howard? Or just taking it easy on me... :)

And what's up with that injury? Crazy stuff!

Smokey

AirBrian said:
gg, Smokey. Man, you are too good with Bogans. :lol I lost count of the number of good defensive series I had only to have you drain a shot with Bogans at the buzzer with a hand in your face. The dude is sick!

So were you resting Howard? Or just taking it easy on me... :)

And what's up with that injury? Crazy stuff!

Bogans is nice. He's got a very quick release, more like a set shot than a jumpshot. So when he shoots 9/10 times the defender is just getting off the ground when the ball is leaving his fingertips.

I wasn't resting Howard, just spreading the offense around. He had 14 pts and 16 boards so I'd say he contributed :)

I dunno what I'm supposed to do with Lewis. He's injured and I dunno how long I've been playing him with the injury. I never go into the sub menu with the game paused, I always do it while we're playing so when I went to the sub menu before the game to change things it had him in yellow and said hurt. He went down from a 89 rating to a 80. I won't be playing him too much the rest of the season with playoffs around the corner.

Wow every game but Utah v. New Orleans has been played and the deadline isn't until Friday. Playoff fever???

Updated standings:

1. Los Angeles Lakers Professa Skillz 21 0 100.0 87.7 0.0
2. Orlando Magic dboythaGr8 16 5 76.0 77.6 0.0
3. New Orleans Hornets DCX gaf 12 8 60.0 72.2 0.0
4. Boston Celtics ColdBlooded33 12 9 57.0 69.7 0.0
5. Denver Nuggets MightBeWrong 11 10 52.0 79.2 0.0
6. Houston Rockets matrixadw 8 13 38.0 79.1 0.0
7. Chicago Bulls AirBrian 7 14 33.0 67.5 0.0
8. Utah Jazz Wsv771 6 14 30.0 78.8 0.0
9. Golden State Warriors pheeniks 6 15 29.0 65.4 0.0
10. Detroit Pistons [NoUser] 5 16 24.0 75.3 0.0

Smokey Bones said:
Bogans is nice. He's got a very quick release, more like a set shot than a jumpshot. So when he shoots 9/10 times the defender is just getting off the ground when the ball is leaving his fingertips.

I wasn't resting Howard, just spreading the offense around. He had 14 pts and 16 boards so I'd say he contributed :)

I dunno what I'm supposed to do with Lewis. He's injured and I dunno how long I've been playing him with the injury. I never go into the sub menu with the game paused, I always do it while we're playing so when I went to the sub menu before the game to change things it had him in yellow and said hurt. He went down from a 89 rating to a 80. I won't be playing him too much the rest of the season with playoffs around the corner.

Wow every game but Utah v. New Orleans has been played and the deadline isn't until Friday. Playoff fever???

Updated standings:

1. Los Angeles Lakers Professa Skillz 21 0 100.0 87.7 0.0
2. Orlando Magic dboythaGr8 16 5 76.0 77.6 0.0
3. New Orleans Hornets DCX gaf 12 8 60.0 72.2 0.0
4. Boston Celtics ColdBlooded33 12 9 57.0 69.7 0.0
5. Denver Nuggets MightBeWrong 11 10 52.0 79.2 0.0
6. Houston Rockets matrixadw 8 13 38.0 79.1 0.0
7. Chicago Bulls AirBrian 7 14 33.0 67.5 0.0
8. Utah Jazz Wsv771 6 14 30.0 78.8 0.0
9. Golden State Warriors pheeniks 6 15 29.0 65.4 0.0
10. Detroit Pistons [NoUser] 5 16 24.0 75.3 0.0

I'm back Smokey! I'm ready for my loss!

Matrix

Can someone tell me who my week 22 opponent is?

nm- I play airbrian

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
I advanced the schedule to week 22.

Let me know when you want to play CB. I'll be around for a while tonight.

Thanks. I had a visit to Austin for basketball. Shawn when can you get our rematch in?

AirBrian

gg, Matrix! T-Mac and Head were on FIYAH!

The playoff race just got a little more interesting...!

And for like the 4th straight game, my 3rd quarter sucks ass.

Matrix

GG Brian.

Game was so close till the Head/Twack attack combo took over.

My best game ever shooting with Head,which is sad,cause he wasnt that great.

AirBrian

I'm a little disappointed that my defense allowed 86 points. One of my few bright spots this season has been my defense. That's actually the 3rd highest allowed all season. 98 (LA) and 90 (LA) are the two highest. You should be proud! :p

Looks like the 8th spot is going to come down the final game of the season between my Bulls and the Jazz.

AirBrian said:
gg, Matrix! T-Mac and Head were on FIYAH!

The playoff race just got a little more interesting...!

And for like the 4th straight game, my 3rd quarter sucks ass.

Yes indeed. After a hard fought victory over CB, here's how the standings look as of now:

1. Los Angeles Lakers Professa Skillz 21 21 0 100.0 87.7 0.0
2. Orlando Magic dboythaGr8 21 16 5 76.0 77.1 0.0
3. New Orleans Hornets DCX gaf 21 13 8 62.0 73.5 0.0
4. Boston Celtics ColdBlooded33 22 12 10 55.0 68.4 0.0
5. Denver Nuggets MightBeWrong 22 12 10 55.0 78.7 0.0
6. Houston Rockets matrixadw 22 9 13 41.0 80.1 0.0
7. Chicago Bulls AirBrian 22 7 15 32.0 67.1 0.0
8. Golden State Warriors pheeniks 22 7 15 32.0 65.4 0.0
9. Utah Jazz Wsv771 21 6 15 29.0 79.1 0.0
10. Detroit Pistons [NoUser] 22 5 17 23.0 73.7 0.0

until there's cross plataform play, i won't be able to join you guys, but my questions are broad.

i just played my first online game after i finnaly switched to a 2mb/400kbps upload connection. i live in brazil, so maybe my ping is an issue.

i lost 20 to 25 minutes trying to get a game. people turned down my requests and most times the match could not be started. i saw only red pings in there. i wonder why.

is it true that i can't be the host and i have to be challenged in order to play? (due to bad ping) doesn't seen to make sense, but faq didn't showed up on the screen...

but anyway, asking for you guys that play in a league.

i just got my ass served on the match. 58-22 in 5 minutes superstar.

i am a good player in offline, but the time just felt terrible. jump shots were always late, thus making me suffer 19 block shots... how do i get use to that? it seens like the delay kills the flow of the game.

just couldn't shoot the whole game... 13% in the end... is it really suposed to be like this?

any tips?

or any ps3 league that you guys are aware?

thanks

Smokey

seattle6418 said:
until there's cross plataform play, i won't be able to join you guys, but my questions are broad.

i just played my first online game after i finnaly switched to a 2mb/400kbps upload connection. i live in brazil, so maybe my ping is an issue.

i lost 20 to 25 minutes trying to get a game. people turned down my requests and most times the match could not be started. i saw only red pings in there. i wonder why.

is it true that i can't be the host and i have to be challenged in order to play? (due to bad ping) doesn't seen to make sense, but faq didn't showed up on the screen...

but anyway, asking for you guys that play in a league.

i just got my ass served on the match. 58-22 in 5 minutes superstar.

i am a good player in offline, but the time just felt terrible. jump shots were always late, thus making me suffer 19 block shots... how do i get use to that? it seens like the delay kills the flow of the game.

just couldn't shoot the whole game... 13% in the end... is it really suposed to be like this?

any tips?

or any ps3 league that you guys are aware?

thanks

Oh wow.

No it's not supposed to be like that. Do you shoot with the shot stick or X button?

AirBrian

seattle6418, offline shooting release points and online shooting release points are a bit different. Try releasing slightly earlier than you normally do when playing online.

Smokey

Deadline for next game is Sunday 4/20 @ 11:59 pm.

Of course if the games get played before then, then we'll go ahead and advance.

Smokey Bones said:
Oh wow.

No it's not supposed to be like that. Do you shoot with the shot stick or X button?

shot stick. thanks for the reply. i will try to change.

kind of hard to do after 16 years of eletronic b-ball:lol

is it any better with the button?

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
:lol :lol
My fucking team decides to be like " oh it's Shawn, we must bow down to his mastery of exploits of our shitty AI, lets just give up and miss 34 point blank layups, oh and lets pass at his feet cause he is going to clog the passing lanes, oh lets let him get manual offensive rebounds with Derrick Fisher and his crew of pirates, oh and lets show 34 shots with Kobe just cause Shawn is great, oh and lets get our shot blocked 38 times just cause you know Shawn is great and he jumps from the paint to block a three...all hail Shawn...all hail the bringer of peace, and hail the mighty one, the ONE the one who makes us and breaks us and exploits us" Fucking team i hate them all and their hairy moms.

DCX

DCX

DCX
BTW Shawn there is a cruise control in your car, you should use it...gas prices are a bitch

DCX

DCX said:
My fucking team decides to be like " oh it's Shawn, we must bow down to his mastery of exploits of our shitty AI, lets just give up and miss 34 point blank layups, oh and lets pass at his feet cause he is going to clog the passing lanes, oh lets let him get manual offensive rebounds with Derrick Fisher and his crew of pirates, oh and lets show 34 shots with Kobe just cause Shawn is great, oh and lets get our shot blocked 38 times just cause you know Shawn is great and he jumps from the paint to block a three...all hail Shawn...all hail the bringer of peace, and hail the mighty one, the ONE the one who makes us and breaks us and exploits us" Fucking team i hate them all and their hairy moms.

DCX

That was scary and funny at the same time. Quite the inspired rant there bud!

I'm in da lobby Smokey

DCX said:
BTW Shawn there is a cruise control in your car, you should use it...gas prices are a bitch

DCX

I did turn on cruise control bud, that game could have easily been a bigger blowout than it was if I didn't sit my starters in the fourth. The dumb ass 2K logic put them back in during the final minute for whatever reason.

Smokey- You can IM me when you are online and ready to go..."ProfessaSkillset"

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
I did turn on cruise control bud, that game could have easily been a bigger blowout than it was if I didn't sit my starters in the fourth. The dumb ass 2K logic put them back in during the final minute for whatever reason.

Smokey- You can IM me when you are online and ready to go..."ProfessaSkillset"

my fault as soon as I put up my threat a little bit later the g/f was calling to watch a movie so I had to go. I'm open all day Sunday though.

Quinton if you can play today before 1p central that works, otherwise I'm available all day tomorrow.

Smokey

Wow what a game Quinton. I caught a couple breaks at the end with the CPU deflecting a pass and Nelson wide open at the other end for a layup. Morris Almond lit me the hell up jesus.

Good thing I had 10 pts off 2nd chance points other wise I would've been over 50 pts in paint. I looked at my shot chart and it was disgusting. X's all over the freakin' place:lol .

Final score 86-83. That was the best you've played me all year and was a pretty important game because you were in the 8th spot but the loss knocked you down to 9th. Here are the standings. I'm about to advance the week because all games are finished:

1. Lakers 22-0
2. Magic 17-5
3. Hornets 13-9
4. Celtics 12-10
5. Nuggets 12-10
6. Rockets 9-13
7. Bulls 7-15
8. Warriors 7-15

9. Jazz 6-16
10. Pistons 5-17

TWO games left!!! Seeds for playoffs aren't set yet!!

Game 23 deadline is Wednesday 4/23 because XBL will be down for 8 hours on Monday the 21st.

Upcoming schedule:

Bulls v. Celtics
Warriors v. Jazz
Pistons v. Nuggets
Magic v. Hornets
Rockets v. Lakers

Best week of the season. 3 HUGE games coming up to determine playoff seeding. Seeds 3-5 could/will change by the end of this week as well as seeds 7-9.

DESTINY is in your hands!!!

GCQuinton

Smokey Bones said:
Wow what a game Quinton. I caught a couple breaks at the end with the CPU deflecting a pass and Nelson wide open at the other end for a layup. Morris Almond lit me the hell up jesus.

Good thing I had 10 pts off 2nd chance points other wise I would've been over 50 pts in paint. I looked at my shot chart and it was disgusting. X's all over the freakin' place:lol .

Final score 86-83. That was the best you've played me all year and was a pretty important game because you were in the 8th spot but the loss knocked you down to 9th. Here are the standings. I'm about to advance the week because all games are finished:

1. Lakers 22-0
2. Magic 17-5
3. Hornets 13-9
4. Celtics 12-10
5. Nuggets 12-10
6. Rockets 9-13
7. Bulls 7-15
8. Warriors 7-15

9. Jazz 6-16
10. Pistons 5-17

Game 23 deadline is Wednesday 4/23 because XBL will be down for 8 hours on Monday the 21st.

Upcoming schedule:

Bulls v. Celtics
Warriors v. Jazz
Pistons v. Nuggets
Magic v. Hornets
Rockets v. Lakers

Best week of the season. 3 HUGE games coming up to determine playoff seeding. Seeds 3-5 could/will change by the end of this week as well as seeds 7-9.

Yeah, great game man. Almond was doing great the whole game, but when it got close and I noticed I only had 30 something points in the paint going into the 4th, my strategy changed up a bit. Sucks I couldn't close it out, but hopefully I can do something with these last two games and sneak in the back door.

DCX

DCX
Smokey Bones said:

1. Lakers 22-0
2. Magic 17-5
3. Hornets 13-9
4. Celtics 12-10
5. Nuggets 12-10
6. Rockets 9-13
7. Bulls 7-15
8. Warriors 7-15

9. Jazz 6-16
10. Pistons 5-17

Upcoming schedule:

Bulls v. Celtics
Warriors v. Jazz
Pistons v. Nuggets
Magic v. Hornets
Rockets v. Lakers

If you can play tonight after 9 ish we can go tonight.

DCX

Matrix

Shawn,when can you play our week 23rd game?

DCX

DCX
We can try to get the game in today. Depends when my sister gets here. She will be visiting and staying for 4 days.

DCX

Top Bottom