• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

Smokey

GG Cerrius..

Ariza showed why he is the leader of this team. 28 pts and a "COOKIES!" on Manu with 10 secs left with a chance for the Spurs to tie or win the game. Knocks down the clear path FT and gives his team tha W.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Smokey said:
GG Cerrius..

Ariza showed why he is the leader of this team. 28 pts and a "COOKIES!" on Manu with 10 secs left with a chance for the Spurs to tie or win the game. Knocks down the clear path FT and gives his team tha W.

gg

Manu is becoming the clear go-to guy on my team. I couldn't believe that last possession though, ugh.

I still have to get the release points down. Every missed free throw/open shot made me cringe.

Nightz

RJNavarrete said:
Where's nightz???
Here. I sent you a message on AIM like 20 minutes ago =P. Ready to play?

Edit: If we could start before 10, that would be great. I have to get up early for work in the morning.

Zep

Banned
Think we'll call this D Rose night.. Dude was hitting everything in my 2 games.

Deng...You still suck.

gg fellows

Newly acquired JR Smith was supposed to be an experiment of sorts, as there were questions as to whether or not he would mesh with his new team. Those questions were all put to rest as JR erupted off the bench to drop 37 points on 50% shooting to go along with 4 assists, 4 steals, 2 rebounds, and a block. The Suns stifling defense held Chris Paul to only 14 points (7-22); however, he was able do lead his team with 11 assists. This marks the Suns 3rd 20+ point win in a row.

so we finally got some crew going.
we won!:lol
m1172524.jpg

m1172530.jpg

m1172528.jpg

m1172538.jpg

m1172534.jpg

and pheenik's player. he's quite the leaper!
m1172536.jpg

Cavs-Bobcats
Magic-Knicks
Kings-Grizzlies
Hawks-Wizards
Wizards-Bobcats
Blazers-Wizards
Spurs-Hawks
Mavs-Bobcats

All of you please PM your opponent and set up a play time this week so that we don't actually have to wait 10 days every time!

Smokey

So wait...team up/my crew works now :O

..or did you all just get lucky?

ph33nix said:
Cavs-Bobcats
Magic-Knicks
Kings-Grizzlies
Hawks-Wizards
Wizards-Bobcats
Blazers-Wizards
Spurs-Hawks
Mavs-Bobcats

All of you please PM your opponent and set up a play time this week so that we don't actually have to wait 10 days every time!

Good post.

Again..the deadline is this Friday.

aznpxdd

Damn Konex, play your games!

I'm pretty sure Kado just got lucky. Or he tried 100 times and it worked after wasting an hour.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Spurs and Wizards --- anyone around to play? Hawks here.

Edit: Can the OP be updated to include all of the current owners and/or encourage everyone to add "NBA 2K10GAFTEAM" to their friend list so we can find each other using the "friends of friends" method?

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
Spurs and Wizards --- anyone around to play? Hawks here.

Edit: Can the OP be updated to include all of the current owners and/or encourage everyone to add "NBA 2K10GAFTEAM" to their friend list so we can find each other using the "friends of friends" method?

I updated the OP with GTs and the owners names.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Smokey said:
I updated the OP with GTs and the owners names.
Thanks, Smokey.

RINSE82/Wizards --- I shot you a PM. I'll be on for a while yet tonight, and am usually on from 9 or 10PM until around 1AM Eastern Time. Let's get our game in tonight or tomorrow.

Good game, btw, Cerrius. Turnovers killed me again.

Also, I'm interested to hear other players' feelings on points in the paint. With pick and roll being so unrealistically easy to convert --- how do most of you find yourselves getting your PIP without cheesing? I personally try to mix a small percentage of half court pick and roll in with a fair amount of high post jumpers and low post moves.

I think that part of my game is actually hurting me the most right now. I'm so conscious of the PIP rule and not wanting to be called out for any cheese, that I find myself settling for worse shots than I know I can get, and as a result, I see myself consistently outscored in the PIP department. I think I've just gotta get over it and take my points when/where I can get em, or I'm gonna end up being 1-24 going into the last week. :-|

As it stands, I don't even average 50PPG, much less 50PIPPG. :(

aznpxdd

anachronous_one said:
Thanks, Smokey.

RINSE82/Wizards --- I shot you a PM. I'll be on for a while yet tonight, and am usually on from 9 or 10PM until around 1AM Eastern Time. Let's get our game in tonight or tomorrow.

Good game, btw, Cerrius. Turnovers killed me again.

Also, I'm interested to hear other players' feelings on points in the paint. With pick and roll being so unrealistically easy to convert --- how do most of you find yourselves getting your PIP without cheesing? I personally try to mix a small percentage of half court pick and roll in with a fair amount of high post jumpers and low post moves.

I think that part of my game is actually hurting me the most right now. I'm so conscious of the PIP rule and not wanting to be called out for any cheese, that I find myself settling for worse shots than I know I can get, and as a result, I see myself consistently outscored in the PIP department. I think I've just gotta get over it and take my points when/where I can get em, or I'm gonna end up being 1-24 going into the last week. :-|

I feel exactly the same way regarding PIP. I constantly check the PIP just to make sure I'm not cheesing...but its so easy to score in the paint.

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
Thanks, Smokey.

DM is the owner of the Wizards. Rinse dropped out.

RJNavarrete said:
What is crew? How do I join in?
essentially its like teamup 5 human players vs. 5 human players.
we're in a team or "crew" that plays other crews. you have the option to use your myplayer or use actual nba players. its actually quite fun.
hunter has already sent you an invite.
to accept. from main main>>teamup>crew>invitations.
or somethinglike that that. its not too difficult to find.

edit: invites has been sent out to RJ, phatal faze, and cerrius

viakado said:
essentially its like teamup 5 human players vs. 5 human players.
we're in a team or "crew" that plays other crews. you have the option to use your myplayer or use actual nba players. its actually quite fun.
hunter has already sent you an invite.
to accept. from main main>>teamup>crew>invitations.
or somethinglike that that. its not too difficult to find.

edit: invites has been sent out to RJ, phatal faze, and cerrius
Sweet, I'm in. Logging on now. :D

pilonv1

anachronous_one said:

I think anyone who has played me will see the same thing from my game - there was even an open dunk I had with Evans that I passed out of because I felt it was cheap.

via: can you send me another invite to the crew please? I have to play the Grizz first but I'd be keen for some team up

Smokey

I've never went over the PIP mark. Then again I run plays etc, so I do take quite a bit of mid range jumpers. The main thing I'd say is really not to worry about the PIP. If you're playing a well rounded game I'd say 50 PIP is PLENTY especially when fastbreak points are not counted.

This is because a fast break could be a 3 pointer on a break, or a stop and pop outside the lane on a 2 on 1 break or w/e. It doesn't have to necessarily be a goal made in the paint, the game will still credit it as fast break points if the previous scenarios I described take place.

Zep

Banned
Get over the feeling of it feeling cheap...its extremely tough to break the 50point rule IMO, so just go with the flow of the game.

pilonv1

players missing open layups left and right. just utter garbage, to the point where i could have stopped playing and score more points. i couldn't run any plays either because every time i stopped moving i had the ball stolen.

for some reason too our game had no fatigue.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Pilons dudes were missing everything. Like, His guys were closer to hit the rim with their heads than the basketballs :(

pilonv1

Raging Spaniard said:
Pilons dudes were missing everything. Like, His guys were closer to hit the rim with their heads than the basketballs :(

so you noticed it too? it wasn't just me?

I seriously thought it was a fucking joke at one point. not when I missed three straight threes from the same spot with Donte Green, I'd just given up by then. But it wasn't just threes, fucking Caspi had NO ONE IN THE PAINT and just bricked a layup. mind blowing

Top Bottom