• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

Cloudy

Banned
aznpxdd said:
Did RJ, DM and Konex get kick from the league or what?

Also :lol @ Hunter. I know how that feels man Faze. He was bitching like a little baby when that happened.

I'm still in and ready to play before we advance tonight. My last game dropped and it was one where I was being competitive too :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey in Madden Thread said:
I didn't do anything cheesey. I just played my game.

Also, that's how I felt when I was fake punted. I was told tough luck. So since then I play my game now.

Sorry you felt this way.

Sounds like someone here...

Smokey

Week has been advanced.

This is the final week, so we'll head to the playoffs next Friday (March 26). I hope it doesn't last that long but I know some people are out of town for spring break or whatever. The sooner we get to the playoffs the better.

CB3

Denver Nuggets
@ Memphis Grizzlies
Orlando Magic
@ Los Angeles Lakers
Cleveland Cavaliers

Smokey

Playoff Picture:

z = clinched conference
x- clinched playoff spot

Beast

1. Rockets - z
  2. Nuggets - x
  3. Cavs - x
  4. Heat - x
  5. Mavericks - x
  6. Knicks - x
  7. Celtics
  8. Grizz
---
Hornets
Kings

Goblin

1. Blazers - z
  2. Spurs - x
  3. Raptors - x
  4. Suns - x
  5. Lakers
  6. Magic
  7. Wizards
  8. Hawks
---
Bulls
Bobcats

So the teams that are in the playoffs in the Beast conference are pretty much set except for seeds 7 and 8. Hornets are only 2 games behind Grizz for the 8th spot as of now.

In the Goblin conference shit still isn't settled. As of now seeds 4-8 are still up for grabs. Too bad there wasn't much activity from certain teams, would've made things a lot more interesting.

CB3

Ugh I lose to Bob. now im even more sick because of that.

Turnovers killed me. Bob was getting good pressure so McNabb got rattled. when that happens its a wrap. Vick brang me back close but i didnt have enough time to finish the come back.

Nightz

CB3 said:
Ugh I lose to Bob. now im even more sick because of that.

Turnovers killed me. Bob was getting good pressure so McNabb got rattled. when that happens its a wrap. Vick brang me back close but i didnt have enough time to finish the come back.
You must be sick because this is the wrong thread. :lol

RJ you better hope the seeds end up differently! I'm plannin on revenge. LUUUUUKE starting future?

Cavs and Lakers you up tonight? I can get both matches in and I think you guys are dependable. Send me some pm's of some times you can play. I get online at about 8 eastern.

azn sure talks a lot of shit for someone who has done absolutely nothing in this league

let me restate: absolutely nothing, rookie.

Smokey

Dark FaZe said:
RJ you better hope the seeds end up differently! I'm plannin on revenge. LUUUUUKE starting future?

Cavs and Lakers you up tonight? I can get both matches in and I think you guys are dependable. Send me some pm's of some times you can play. I get online at about 8 eastern.

Yeah..aboutttt that..

I'll ask viakado if he can play you since he is banned and all.

aznpxdd

ph33nix said:
azn sure talks a lot of shit for someone who has done absolutely nothing in this league

let me restate: absolutely nothing, rookie.

Cavs: 15-10
Heat: 14-11

Amount of playoff series won by Pheeniks: 0

Smokey

aznpxdd said:

Much like the real NBA, playoffs are different once you have to beat somebody 4 times and they start to pick up on your rotations, tendencies etc. So for instance you don't seem to like taking outside jumpers with Lebron. At all. Well in a 7 game series chances are good that somebody will figure out how to minimize that (to the best that they can/game will allow) because of the # of times you will play.

aznpxdd said:

it doesn't change that the most significant thing you've done in this league is get called out for taking 0 perimeter shots with a perimeter player

I beat smokey once this year but you don't see me repeatedly tooting my horn about it. because like the post above, the playoffs are a different animal. and smokey is a guy I'm going to avoid pissing off. but keep talking rookie, more drama=better TNTs

aznpxdd

ph33nix said:
it doesn't change that the most significant thing you've done in this league is get called out for taking 0 perimeter shots with a perimeter player

I beat smokey once this year but you don't see me repeatedly tooting my horn about it. because like the post above, the playoffs are a different animal. and smokey is a guy I'm going to avoid pissing off. but keep talking rookie, more drama=better TNTs

Considering your playoff history, maybe you should avoid everyone all together.

Nightz

daw840 said:
So, basically I would have to lose all 5 of my remaining games to not be in the playoffs right?
You're pretty much a lock. You're in if you win one or if I lose one. The latter is more likely. :lol

daw840

Nightz said:
You're pretty much a lock. You're in if you win one or if I lose one. The latter is more likely. :lol

LOL, you are very right sir. Me winning a game is probably a pipe dream.:lol

Smokey

DCX said:
Knicks can play tonight.

DCX

We dance.

Kado got banned for his MGS thread with the AIM convo about which MGS title was better. It was like a 400 post thread..his only problem?

He used gamerankings to compare scores between MGS2 and 3 as part of his argument, and that is bannable lol.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Smokey said:
We dance.

Kado got banned for his MGS thread with the AIM convo about which MGS title was better. It was like a 400 post thread..his only problem?

He used gamerankings to compare scores between MGS2 and 3 as part of his argument, and that is bannable lol.

Ah, so in retrospect its your fault really, lol

Smokey

Raging Spaniard said:
Ah, so in retrospect its your fault really, lol

I didn't tell him to use gamerankings. He just couldn't back up his arguments any other kind so he went that route and it cost him!

Yeah I hear that...same situation here myself but I try to crawl my ass online a couple of hours a night for the sake of some type of entertainment before taking my ass to bed.

Top Bottom