• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

pilonv1

Yeah I'm getting the 2k bug where you can't start a game. Just checked and my NAT is open so I don't know what is going on.

pilonv1

charsace said:
1zbw085.png

Is it okay if I don't play manual defense against Lebron because he's a super cunt? No matter what defense I play he gets into the lane. Play five feet off gets into the lane. Double team he gets into the lane. No matter what he gets into the lane. I cut him off and he just turbo's right by. Pray to God and he gets into the lane. In the Lane, in the lane, in the lane. Either Lebron brings the ball up or gets it and calls quick iso on the wing.

sup

2rhvk11.png

http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/game.cfm?l=292481&g=15057525

ecnal

aznpxdd said:
Heh, not my fault you guys can't defend James. When I played Smokey he wouldn't let me go in the paint with James at all.

42 PIP vs. 62 PIP man, FYI.

uh, vs smokey, you had 31 pts with bron, 28 in the paint, and 3 pts from the ft line. 1 shot outside the paint. you also shot 73% with bron.

this has nothing to do with people being able to play defense.

aznpxdd

Well, I admit that game with Hunter wasn't normal since all of James points came from the paint.

But the game vs. Pilon was a double OT and 13 of the 49 weren't PIP. Plus, the overall team PIP, I'm -20.

Outside of those games, its pretty typical.

Anachronous one did a good job shutting down James, go ask him how he did it.

pilonv1

aznpxdd said:
42 PIP vs. 62 PIP man, FYI.

Most of them coming from fast breaks or low post moves from Thompson. You can see some of my paint points are above the dotted line too.

And besides Greene no one else could hit a shot outside so why wouldn't I take it in?

Still can't believe I hit those FT's to force 2nd OT though.

@ Chicago Bulls
@ Denver Nuggets
Memphis Grizzlies

Contact me...aim: OoTiMeRzoO
Tag: Phatal FaZe

Would really like to knock these out before the work week.

Just to my opponents: will not be available till Sunday night around 10:30 PMish of the final week. But I got the Bulls, Kings, Nuggets, Grizzlies, and Magic. You guys are all pretty easy to find so I'm not worried about not getting anything in.

Can't wait to see how seeding unfolds :eek:

Nightz

GG daw. I was definitely nervous because my team almost lost it in the 4th quarter. They just went ice cold and couldn't hit anything. Big game from CP3 though, he was in beast mode passing the ball. :)

daw840

Nightz said:
GG daw. I was definitely nervous because my team almost lost it in the 4th quarter. They just went ice cold and couldn't hit anything. Big game from CP3 though, he was in beast mode passing the ball. :)

IDK man, that damn PIP rule made the 4th quarter really weak. Both of us were afraid to take the openings that were being presented. It almost felt like 2k made my team just suck ass. Missing wide open shots, your guys were draining shit all game. Anyways, GG though. PIP pisses me off a little.

Nightz

daw840 said:
IDK man, that damn PIP rule made the 4th quarter really weak. Both of us were afraid to take the openings that were being presented. It almost felt like 2k made my team just suck ass. Missing wide open shots, your guys were draining shit all game. Anyways, GG though. PIP pisses me off a little.
Yeah I definitely stopped going into the paint in the 4th, but I was getting it to wide open guys who missed shots that they were making all game. I think you could've closed the gap faster if you had taken some more shots inside the 3 point line, instead of jacking up a three on practically every possession.

My team's played well the past few games. Hopefully I can put together a run for the 8th seed.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
@ Boston Celtics
New Orleans Hornets
@ Charlotte Bobcats

I (Spurs) will be available Monday and Tuesday nights. Get at me.

Smokey

Zep (Bulls) MIGHT be out of power, not sure though. LJ said in the Madden thread that a huge storm hit that area and left thousands without power.

GG Cerrius.

And my brutal week finally ends. 3 OT games in these round of games. Good conditioning for the playoffs in a few weeks though !

daw840

Im done. As long as Cerrius and Hunter are still in this league I refuse to play. I thought this was a reason to play people other than randoms online. Maybe show just a little sportsmanship and not do things like run the fast break and slam the ball when your up by 15+ points.

daw840 said:
Im done. As long as Cerrius and Hunter are still in this league I refuse to play. I thought this was a reason to play people other than randoms online. Maybe show just a little sportsmanship and not do things like run the fast break and slam the ball when your up by 15+ points.

Well it depends how much time is left.

Daw, if I'm up by 15 points with 3 minutes left, I'm still going to do that shit. I don't think Cerrius did it intentionally. Hunter probably did. But I've come pretty close to choking 15 point leads with 3 minutes left. I'd rather fast break and go for the kill than choke and get lol'd by all of you.

Do you guys remember my broadcast with Smokey? Yeah I don't care if I'm up by 20 or whatever double digit lead I have in the fourth. Anything is possible. Things can shift quickly.

THIS IS 2K BASKETBALL

ecnal

okay, all my fucking shit for school is finally over.

i can play all my games today or tomorrow -- i leave for baja on wednesday :D

Top Bottom