• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K12 |OT| Lebron 4th Quarter Lockout Edition

benjipwns

Banned
Patch announced for consoles:
Ronald2K said:
A #NBA2K12 patch has been submitted to Microsoft/Sony that looks to make adjustments, incl. online. Upon approval, releasing in coming days
PC patch in June 2013 or something probably:
@AndrewTan22 The PC will probably get a combined patch at a later date.

The M.O.B

My Player got interesting, I got traded to the Heat for Bosh, and since I made Lebron obsolete, they traded Lebron for Dwight Howard. Dwight, me, and Wade..........too good.

benjipwns

Banned
2K11 PC Patch was February 11th.
2K10 PC Patch was March 19th for retail, like a week later for DD's. (Outside of Gamersgate who accidentally rolled out the patch immediately on the 18th forcing 2K to release it a week earlier than they wanted.)
2K9 PC Patch was January 12th or so.

2K9 patch was the only one that fixed any PC-only issues. (Missing resolutions and some other stuff.)

Hey, at least the lockout might be over before then!

I started making an association where I'd weed out the current NBA teams who don't have much A or B talent, and replacing them with retro teams. Then doing a fantasy draft. Kinda cool.

pilonv1

Hits just keep on coming

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...in-can-audio-nbas-greatest-not-patchable.html

Me: @Ronnie2K Hey Ronnie. Any news about a fix for the tin-can audio filters for NBA's Greatest in the upcoming patches? Wanted to follow up.

Ronnie: @TheTempestBlog Found out that that's not patchable.

@Me: Ronnie2K Wow, that's pretty awful. Thanks for filling me in, but that's quite a bust, my friend. Still liking #NBA2K12, but that's pitiful.

Ronnie: @TheTempestBlog Yeah it sucks but thankfully it's only 2 NBA's Greatest games.

Just amazing

cacophony

is it possible to have multiple My Players? I want to start a new one to mess around with but keep my current one.

edit: nvm I had to go to the main menu. My Player > New

benjipwns

Banned
cacophony said:
is it possible to have multiple My Players? I want to start a new one to mess around with but keep my current one.
Yes, you can have as many as you want of those and Create a Legends. You just have to go into the menu and load them, the thing on the main screen only shows the last one you played as.

Helps to name the file after the player so you can easily tell which is which.

RBK

Banned
Is anyone else having trouble to display this game in 1080p like I am. I tried every solution possible to get it to work and it sticks at 720p no matter what. It's doesn't look too bad, but it's very blurry compared to my other PS3 games.

lol..this fucking game...so it's march and I skip to a key game against the lakers. I load the game and the starting lineup shows that our team now has luol deng and carlos boozer. so I check the transactions, and bosh and mike miller were dealt. so i lol and go back in. then they show the lakers starting lineup. andrew bynum was traded for tyreke evans...which is actually somewhat reasonable

pilonv1 said:
LOL

Enjoying this years as much as last years, however, it feels like they've taken a step back with the framerate in some arenas. Getting slow down now and again.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
funny little bit of commentary - play as the 97-98 bulls with Steve Kerr, and draw a foul while controlling him. hit both free throws and Kevin Harlan will chuckle and say something along the lines of 'Steve Kerr makes both, good job there buddy,' with Steve responding 'thanks'.

btw, loving the gameplay, hating online, and this game runs absolutely beautifully on my PC. i've already added some mods to change the NBA2K logo to the TNT logo to make the presentation feel a little more authentic.

Reave

pilonv1 said:
Hey, that was me who posted that! Small world.

Yeah, I'm pretty sour on 2k Sports' handling of this game, especially after hearing that news. I shouldn't have to buy their game and wait for it to get good -- that's not fair to us. What's worse is finding out that some of their flubs aren't even fixable.

Can't believe a few OS'ers had the nerve to be mad at me because I told Ronnie that that news was pitiful. It is pitiful. Here's what I said in regards to that:

First off, I do find it pitiful to find out that we were slighted on issues like this -- simple, yet detracting bugs that diminish the immersion that we were told about for months on end. I'm sure it isn't music to their ears to hear that kind of criticism, but when we're talking about our $59.99 that we put on the line, I don't think it's a crime to voice my disappointment; especially when it comes to not getting something we were told we would get. We can sit here and debate whether we're making a mountain out of a molehill all we want, but at its core, we inexplicably lost out on an aspect of the mode that can't be fixed. If that isn't pitiful, I don't know what is.

Secondly, we would be shooting ourselves in the foot if we didn't say something to this team about it. If we kept mum about every issue or quirk we've seen in the course of this series, NBA 2k12 would be a very different product now -- several steps behind what it is now. When we fool ourselves into thinking problems like these are trivial, we're condoning more problems like this to go unaddressed. Sure, this bug only affects two games in the NBA's Greatest Mode, but that doesn't mean we should just shoo it off and shower 2k Sports in compliments just because the good outweighs the bad overall.

OS is the worst forum on the internet. Half the mods are 2K slurpers who snark you with "DIS IS REAL BBALL BRU QUIT WHINING AND SWITCH TO ROOKIE" at any complaint.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Hey guys just have an association problem question.

Me and a friend did a multiplayer association fantasy draft and then saved it on a usb stick so we could play games whenever it was our team on the schedule without having to be there.

Problem is it won't let us load the save on the other persons xbox.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The M.O.B said:
My Player got interesting, I got traded to the Heat for Bosh, and since I made Lebron obsolete, they traded Lebron for Dwight Howard. Dwight, me, and Wade..........too good.

My Player is balling. I am the starting center for the Knicks and they traded STAT for Oden AB and Brown..AB sixth man lol

Bollocks

aw man they pronounce my name wrong in my player mode only the stadium announcer gets it right, they pronounced it right in 2k11

my player mode is so tight, I got drafted to Philly, I struggled at first but I'm getting better with every game then Golden State comes up and Curry just takes me to school, so quick, not a chance, we loose that one.
Next is against Miami, I'm up against Wade, that is a mismatch even worse than against GS, I then got moved to shooting guard and even to small forward, we loose that by a big margin.
Only highlight was that after I turned the ball over to LeBron I denied him the dunk. I was only able to block it because he was trying to get fancy but really my 62 guy blocking LBJ that's insane.
Next game is against Dallas, so another loss I assumed but we somehow managed to defeat them, we won by a 20 point margin. Coming off the bench I made 21 points and was also the Jordan player of the game for the first time, this is the shit I live for in my player

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Bollocks said:
aw man they pronounce my name wrong in my player mode only the stadium announcer gets it right, they pronounced it right in 2k11

my player mode is so tight, I got drafted to Philly, I struggled at first but I'm getting better with every game then Golden State comes up and Curry just takes me to school, so quick, not a chance, we loose that one.
Next is against Miami, I'm up against Wade, that is a mismatch even worse than against GS, I then got moved to shooting guard and even to small forward, we loose that by a big margin.
Only highlight was that after I turned the ball over to LeBron I denied him the dunk. I was only able to block it because he was trying to get fancy but really my 62 guy blocking LBJ that's insane.
Next game is against Dallas, so another loss I assumed but we somehow managed to defeat them, we won by a 20 point margin. Coming off the bench I made 21 points and was also the Jordan player of the game for the first time, this is the shit I live for in my player

My endorsements is a great little touch and the post interviews are so fun.. Made some at cover for best dressed the cover said "Don't hate on Mike Jones" love it lol

cacophony

In My Player my Mid range J is like 93 and I still miss like 70% of my wide open jumpers. Am I missing something? I'm releasing at the right time. Do I need to increase consistency more or somehting?

benjipwns

Banned
Apparently the legends online/street DLC thing will be $10 for 360/PS3, no word on PC (aka never going to happen) but still doesn't have a release date.
cacophony said:
In My Player my Mid range J is like 93 and I still miss like 70% of my wide open jumpers. Am I missing something? I'm releasing at the right time. Do I need to increase consistency more or somehting?
Yeah, if that's low it doesn't hurt to bump it, last year I tried with a test guy and just jacked that up and he was nailing almost everything despite his rating being the same. No idea if it's changed though. You should be able to hit almost everything if it's a good shot once you hit around 85 for the mid range rating though.

benjipwns

Banned
There's a patch out for PS3 now and 360 at some point:
GAMEPLAY
On-dribbler steal success rates have been tuned down.
Tuned accuracy of directional passing in order to more reliably pass to the intended target.
Improved help defense, specifically for rotations on pick-and-roll situations.
Defensive tuning on 3PT shots to reduce the success of contested threes.
Addressed an issue on drives to the basket where the help defender wouldn’t fully engage in the double team.

Several matchmaking optimizations have been made in order to help users get into games quicker. This will reduce the amount of time the “Searching For Opponent…” screen is displayed for.
Addressed a number of network errors that would cause games to end prematurely.
Addressed an issue in Team-Up where certain conditions would lead to a player standing idle for prolonged periods of time.
Corrected a Win/Loss streak tracking issue such that the “Back to Back to Back” achievement/trophy will now unlock at the proper time.

mbmonk

nba2k13_logo_final_22462.nphd.jpg

Release Date: Oct. 2nd 2012
Platforms: 360 (Kinect Integration), PS3, PC, Wii, PSP, Wii U (delayed release)
Demo: Available on 360 and PS3

SKUs:
Dynasty Edition
Dynasty+Edition.png

SKU Platform: 360, PS3
To find out all the goodies included in this edition check out the Dynasty Edition Unboxing Trailer.

Standard Edition
NBA_2K13_Box_art_resized.jpg

SKU Platform: 360, PS3, PC, Wii, PSP, Wii U

Preorder DLC:
Pre-order NBA 2K13 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and get access to NBA All Star Game content including the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, Three Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge Game, and the NBA All Star Game.

Digital Distribution:
PS3 through Playstation Store
PC through Amazon delayed until Oct. 16th.
*no news on Steam yet*

Key Additions & Improvements:
  • The Control Stick - For the first time ever, all dribble moves have been mapped to the right analog stick, as well as shooting, passing, and post moves. String together devastating crossovers and clutch shots for maximum control and effectiveness.
  • Signature Skills - Each player has unique abilities that can alter the course of a game. Players are modeled to impact the game in their own unique way, from Derrick Rose as a "Floor General" to Kevin Durant being "The Closer." Learn to use each player's unique ability and change the game on your terms.
  • Revamped Passing System - Improved fast break passing gives players more control. Fire a bounce pass to a cutting teammate or go "Lob City" in transition.

Trailers:

Developer Insights:

Credit & Appreciation:
Smokey
Newsguy
BannedEpisode
MattDoza
Amazon.com product page. I 'borrowed' quite a bit from it.

----- END OF OT ----

Are the number of camera's you can use online limited? I finally, after much experimentation, found the HIGH camera. But it's not an option for when you play online. I am guessing I am not missing something obvious here. Am I wrong on this?

mbmonk

I think I am going to pick up the PC version on Steam. It's selling for $20 I believe.

Since this thread is dead can anyone suggest a forum besides Operation Sports for discussion about the game?

Thanks.

hlhbk

If you depise online play like I do (cheesers everywhere) and have the hardware to run it the PC version of this game is by far the best version. The mod community for it is great!

mbmonk

Links to mods, please?

This has a wide variety: http://nba-2k.com/

I started with court modifications. I play with the Wizards and the modded court is so much better :).

Next I installed this mod: http://www.operationsports.com/foru...-bshadows-hd-pc-videos-images-collection.html

Also I made sure to overwrite the 2K logos with NBA.tv + TNT etc.

Very cool stuffin'

EDIT: This forum is a great source as well. http://forums.nba-live.com/viewforum.php?f=141&sid=399945cd29719e2f82e1b83a5ec3b7ed

mbmonk

If you depise online play like I do (cheesers everywhere) and have the hardware to run it the PC version of this game is by far the best version. The mod community for it is great!

Yea. I picked up the PC version on the Steam sale. If I am get an itch to play against the Miami Heat 40 straight times then I will rent the PS3 version and go online.

Wrayfield

I've maxed out my mid-range J and am almost there with consistency and shooting in traffic, still around 50% overall. A bit frustrating, but I think I'm still in NBA2k11 mode where I was regularly shooting around 65-70% with my 99 overall MyPlayer (currently only 25 games in as a rookie, so...). Generally, I find I have more success posting up than pure shooting.

MikeTyson

Banned
After all the bitching in here, I'm kinda nervous about buying this game off steam. NBA season approaching got me hyped up.

Online play really THAT BAD? Mods hard to install and setup?

hlhbk

After all the bitching in here, I'm kinda nervous about buying this game off steam. NBA season approaching got me hyped up.

Online play really THAT BAD? Mods hard to install and setup?

Well I can only confirm what I know from last year. Regardless of your system it would downgrade the textures to medium and look like ass online. That all being said nobody plays realisitic online, and offline the game BY FAR is better on PC.

Regarding mods they are simple to install. The mods the last 2 years have been amazing. They remake players if needed (for instance Kobe looked like an Alien last year, they redid him and he looked like Kobe). Not only that they were total conversions last year that changed the entire NBA to 1992 and you could play the entire season along with the teams and stadiums from back then. I was playing as Jordan in NBA 2k10, the year before 2k stole that idea from the modders.

Just follow instructions in the links above, and make sure you backup your 2k12 folder in case you want to revert back to the origional game.

hlhbk

How are the online modes on PC? Is it feature complete?

In case you didn't read my post let me reinterate. If you are buying this for online get the console versoin, but if you don't want to play against a bunch of cheesers and want to play the best single player experience BY FAR get the PC version.

DMczaf

When I say online, I mean online league/association, sorry. I haven't played randoms in Madden or NBA2K in forever.

Top Bottom