• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K13 Online Association lOTl Dreamcast Servers Be Gone!

Smokey

201362b.jpg
201362b.jpg
201362b.jpg

120801125052-jay-z-beyonce-nets-story-top.jpg

TEAMS

1. Smokey - Rockets
  2. Dark Faze - Wizards
  3. L1quidSwords - Nets
  4. Ferny - Lakers
  5. Amory - Celtics
  6. Anachronous_one - Nuggets
  7. triggaz - Knicks
  8. Rinse82 - Pacers
  9. zeeaykay - Bucks
  10. LuchaShaq - Grizzlies
  11. CrawfishPete - Clippers
  12. Buddhafist69 - Bulls
  13. Gabyskra - Sixers
  14. FMT - Mavs
  15. Clint Beastwood - Wolves

GAMERTAGS

1. Smokey - dboythagr8
  2. Dark Faze - Phatal Faze
  3. L1quidSwords - xL1QUID SWORDSx
  4. Ferny -
  5. Amory -
  6. Anachronous_one - Anachronous_one
  7. triggaz -
  8. Rinse82 - Rinse22
  9. zeeaykay -
  10. LuchaShaq -
  11. CrawfishPete -
  12. Buddhafist69 - Buddhafist69
  13. Gabyskra -
  14. FMT - FrenchMovieTheme
  15. Clint Beastwood - Omegaa x

SETTINGS

• Difficulty - Superstar
  • Sliders - Simulation (can be tweaked)
  • Quarter Length - 10 minutes
  • Teams - 14, rest CPU
  • Playoff Teams: 16
  • Season Length - 29
  • Advance Period - TBA**
  • Trading - ON

Playoffs are best of 7

This is a full Association, the same as the offline mode. Teams that are non-human will be controlled by CPU.

RULES

Points in the Paint - No more than 55% of your points can come from the paint in games against other GAF members.

Defense - Manual defense is preferred, but not required . If you do not guard the ball handler no roaming around lunging for passes or playing the passing lanes for steals.

Pressure - Full court pressure is not allowed in the first 3 quarters unless you are down by 10 points or more. In the 4th quarter full court pressure is allowed at anytime.

Sportsmanship - Do no rub victory into the face of your opponent.

This is a sim league that exists for the sole purpose to enjoy this game with other people from GAF. Do not be a cheeser, or play like a random. You don't have to call plays every time down the court, but do not abuse the game.

NBA2K13 Signature Skills

CONTROLS:

Full controls listed below. Separate the MEN from the BOYS! :

2k13_shotstick.jpg

2k13_shotbutton.jpg

2k13_Isomotion.jpg

2k13_Passing.jpg

2k13_PostMoves.jpg

2k13_PostShotstick.jpg

2k13_PostShotbutton.jpg

A3qQfqnCEAAna-b.jpg:large

https://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321336

**We will start the league off with the advancement speed set at "Medium". When you log into the Online Association you will see how much time is left before the advancement period in the upper right hand corner. The main menu tells you the games that are available on your schedule to be played. You can play these in any order.

DCX

DCX
201362b.jpg
201362b.jpg
201362b.jpg

120801125052-jay-z-beyonce-nets-story-top.jpg

TEAMS

1. Smokey - Rockets
  2. Dark Faze - Wizards
  3. L1quidSwords - Nets
  4. Ferny - Lakers
  5. Amory - Celtics
  6. Anachronous_one - Nuggets
    [*]triggaz - Knicks
  7. Rinse82 - Pacers
  8. zeeaykay - Bucks
  9. LuchaShaq - Grizzlies
  10. CrawfishPete - Clippers
  11. Buddhafist69 - Bulls
  12. Gabyskra - Sixers
  13. FMT - Spurs

GAMERTAGS

1. Smokey - dboythagr8
  2. Dark Faze - Phatal Faze
  3. L1quidSwords -
  4. Ferny -
  5. Amory -
  6. Anachronous_one - Anachronous_one
  7. triggaz -
  8. Rinse82 -
  9. zeeaykay -
  10. LuchaShaq -
  11. CrawfishPete -
  12. Buddhafist69 - Buddhafist69
  13. Gabyskra -
  14. FMT - FrenchMovieTheme

SETTINGS

• Difficulty - Superstar
  • Sliders - Simulation (can be tweaked)
  • Quarter Length - 10 minutes
  • Teams - 14, rest CPU
  • Playoff Teams: 16
  • Season Length - 29
  • Advance Period - TBA**
  • Trading - ON

Playoffs are best of 7

This is a full Association, the same as the offline mode. Teams that are non-human will be controlled by CPU.

RULES

Points in the Paint - No more than 55% of your points can come from the paint

Defense - Manual defense is preferred, but not required . If you do not guard the ball handler no roaming around lunging for passes or playing the passing lanes for steals.

Pressure - Full court pressure is not allowed in the first 3 quarters unless you are down by 10 points or more. In the 4th quarter full court pressure is allowed at anytime.

Sportsmanship - Do no rub victory into the face of your opponent.

This is a sim league that exists for the sole purpose to enjoy this game with other people from GAF. Do not be a cheeser, or play like a random. You don't have to call plays every time down the court, but do not abuse the game.

NBA2K13 Signature Skills

CONTROLS:

**We will start the league off with the advancement speed set at "Medium". When you log into the Online Association you will see how much time is left before the advancement period in the upper right hand corner. The main menu tells you the games that are available on your schedule to be played. You can play these in any order.

I will be back...just not this year.

:(

DCX

Smokey

My gamer tag is rinse22

Ok I'll add

Ecnal I gave you admin powers. I'm looking on here, and I don't see a manual way to advance? The league advance speeds are Fast, Medium, and Slow. Slow for example advances the league in 5 hours...

I can sim games but I don't see an area to manually advance? Maybe it would be best to leave the league paused like I do now, and then people play there games? When the league is paused it shows 8 days left before the advance.

ecnal

Ok I'll add

Ecnal I gave you admin powers. I'm looking on here, and I don't see a manual way to advance? The league advance speeds are Fast, Medium, and Slow. Slow for example advances the league in 5 hours...

I can sim games but I don't see an area to manually advance? Maybe it would be best to leave the league paused like I do now, and then people play there games? When the league is paused it shows 8 days left before the advance.

yeah, not sure how the advance stuff works tbh. keeping it on pause the first week or so should give us time to figure out how it works.

do we play our games vs the CPU? There's a sim option too, so not sure what the policy is.

grizz, you want to play today?

Ferny

Smokey it would be best to leave it on Slow. On slow the league advances every 15 hours I believe. Another less than that and someones games may get simmed on accident. I been messing with it in another league that that seemed the best way to go. Also fatigue seems jacked on Sim setting for the sliders. May want to test that out.

I also don't know if this sims games but there is an option that says something about move up one week or something.

ecnal

how do you see who's currently online in the league?

edit: in the schedule screen :)

grizz or nets, you guys are the only human opponents i have this week.

whenever you can go, lemme know!

LuchaShaq

Banned
Sorry guys I just don't think my connection is good enough to play online and the league rules just don't work for me.

Going 3-25ish on mostly wide open midrange with guys , and pulling up from wide open dunks with rudy gay to brick open 15 footers is just not fun for me.

Same with the guard the ball handler rule, every time I follow it 100%? Easy offensive rebound. When I just play D normal on or off ball depending on situation? No issues.

Also had no idea we were going to play hour long games, just don't have the time to consistently play hour long stretches with no possible interruptions unless peeps wanted to all play at like 4 am EST.

Have fun y'all sorry!

bad start to the league smokey lol

guys aint about dat life

gg luncha

Edit: Wow so I guess the league didn't even record my stats because luncha quit? Fuuuuck Wall's 30 and 10 in 3 quarters erased.

LuchaShaq

Banned
bad start to the league smokey lol

guys aint about dat life

gg luncha

Edit: Wow so I guess the league didn't even record my stats because luncha quit? Fuuuuck Wall's 30 and 10 in 3 quarters erased.

Sorry I figured it would just give you a shitty ai to finish against since I had to go for some real life stuff. Wouldn't have started the game if I realized it was going to be 10 min Q.

Peace

ecnal

so, can we adjust CPU sliders?

playing CPU games is going to be retarded...

i'm playing the hawks and we still have 4 min left in the first, and they already have 7 offensive rebounds.

jeff teague is out rebounding ibaka.

Smokey

It's daily advances so you may not have a game scheduled every day. You may have a game Nov 9th and then the next one is Nov 12th so you'll have plenty of time to play games.

Also made you an admin as well. So it's me you and ecnal.

so, can we adjust CPU sliders?

playing CPU games is going to be retarded...

i'm playing the hawks and we still have 4 min left in the first, and they already have 7 offensive rebounds.

jeff teague is out rebounding ibaka.

yeah I can adjust those sliders. I have them on sim sliders now, but we can change them as we go. Feedback on what needs adjusting would be good. I already knew about the offensive rebounding stuff.

Sorry guys I just don't think my connection is good enough to play online and the league rules just don't work for me.

Going 3-25ish on mostly wide open midrange with guys , and pulling up from wide open dunks with rudy gay to brick open 15 footers is just not fun for me.

Same with the guard the ball handler rule, every time I follow it 100%? Easy offensive rebound. When I just play D normal on or off ball depending on situation? No issues.

Also had no idea we were going to play hour long games, just don't have the time to consistently play hour long stretches with no possible interruptions unless peeps wanted to all play at like 4 am EST.

Have fun y'all sorry!

I dunno why you would be pulling up from wide open dunks. Unless every single point of yours came in the paint? But if rules don't jive with you that's ok. That's why I tried to let people know before hand.

Smokey

Ferny --

Question about the advance. I have games on Nov 6, 16, and 18. This is what shows up as my "Available Games". Is this what the timer is referring to, or is it saying I have to play that Nov 6 game in whatever time is left before advancement?

Also like how you can see Games In Progress with live updates.

ecnal

yeah I can adjust those sliders. I have them on sim sliders now, but we can change them as we go. Feedback on what needs adjusting would be good. I already knew about the offensive rebounding stuff.

imo,

cpu o/d awareness needs to go down a bit

user's mid-range + 3pt up a tick (mid more than 3)

user's pass accuracy up just a bit

also, as ferny mentioned, stamina drain needs to be taken down a tick.

Omega

Banned
you left me off the list :(
my GT is Omegaa x if you wanna add it to the OP

also, are trades with CPU allowed?

Ferny

Ferny --

Question about the advance. I have games on Nov 6, 16, and 18. This is what shows up as my "Available Games". Is this what the timer is referring to, or is it saying I have to play that Nov 6 game in whatever time is left before advancement?

Also like how you can see Games In Progress with live updates.

To the left it shows the date so lets say the date is Nov 6th, so you have to play that game that day. Once the timer goes to zero it'll go to Nov 7th so basically you'll have a couple days of not having to play games if you want to do that. The available games just means you have those set of games available to you to play so you can knock them all out in a day if you wanted to. After a week is up, it'll open up the next weeks games so you can play those ahead of time if you want to.

Ferny

Haven't tried any CPU trades but from what I remember last year, it actually had some adequate AI for that. I don't mind either way honestly.

I think fatigue is fine.

Edit: Adding to this: With 10 minute quarters I want guys to have to use their depth. I don't want people running around with their starters the whole game. Right now towards the end of a quarter my bigs are at about 3/5 energy which forces me to rotate them. If you decrease the fatigue I imagine it'll be something like them dropping 1 tick by this time, meaning by the time the 2nd quarter comes they will be ready to go...thusly eliminating a bench :\.

I played a game and thought fatigue was perfect.

I dunno why you would be pulling up from wide open dunks. Unless every single point of yours came in the paint? But if rules don't jive with you that's ok. That's why I tried to let people know before hand.

Yea that never happened. He dunked every opportunity he got. I think he's not too used to 2k lag. He missed some jumpers that I think he should have made.

Pretty frustrated about my stats getting fucked like that. Guess I'll cheese the CPU.

ecnal

I think fatigue is fine.

Edit: Adding to this: With 10 minute quarters I want guys to have to use their depth. I don't want people running around with their starters the whole game. Right now towards the end of a quarter my bigs are at about 3/5 energy which forces me to rotate them. If you decrease the fatigue I imagine it'll be something like them dropping 1 tick by this time, meaning by the time the 2nd quarter comes they will be ready to go...thusly eliminating a bench :.

I played a game and thought fatigue was perfect.

Yea that never happened. He dunked every opportunity he got. I think he's not too used to 2k lag. He missed some jumpers that I think he should have made.

Pretty frustrated about my stats getting fucked like that. Guess I'll cheese the CPU.

i disagree.

perk has 2 bars left with half the quarter played.

that doesn't seem that bad to me, but ibaka and collison also have the same problem.

meaning, you only have your bigs at full energy for ~4 minutes (2 at start, 2 at start of half).

wings seem fine. only noticing fatigue issues with big men. ibaka should be able to play 5 min every quarter and not be dead at the end of those 5 min.

IMO

Didn't have that issue with Nene/Okafor, but everyones different. I think both of those bigs have the "bruiser" ability which causes further fatiguing of bigs that guard them in the post, so look out for that as a possibility of fatiguing as well.

I guess it's pick your poison then. Somewhat advanced fatiguing of bigs but realistic fatiguing of guards/wings, or tick it up and have wings/guards have the ability of staying in the game relatively indefinitely.

ecnal

that's a good point.

i wonder if that skill also fatigues them at a higher rate.

2k!

i'd be fine leaving the fatigue alone, i guess. durant @ the 4 ain't that bad.

liquidswords, can you play today?

Amory

man...the computer is such a bitch. had an absolute dogfight against the trail blazers and ended up losing by 3. maybe I just suck. their offensive rebounding numbers, though, are just...offensive.

Ferny

man...the computer is such a bitch. had an absolute dogfight against the trail blazers and ended up losing by 3. maybe I just suck. their offensive rebounding numbers, though, are just...offensive.

I totally agree. Utah got so many offensive rebounds it was nuts. I also found fatigue to be almost a non factor in my game. I could have left my starters in the whole first qtr if I wanted to. Had no one under 2 bars.

Smokey

I thought the fatigue was fine when I played against CPU earlier. It makes you use your bench which is what should happen with 10 minute quarters.

I totally agree. Utah got so many offensive rebounds it was nuts. I also found fatigue to be almost a non factor in my game. I could have left my starters in the whole first qtr if I wanted to. Had no one under 2 bars.

Dwight howard and fatigue lol

Smokey

To the left it shows the date so lets say the date is Nov 6th, so you have to play that game that day. Once the timer goes to zero it'll go to Nov 7th so basically you'll have a couple days of not having to play games if you want to do that. The available games just means you have those set of games available to you to play so you can knock them all out in a day if you wanted to. After a week is up, it'll open up the next weeks games so you can play those ahead of time if you want to.

Ah ok.

So right now the date says November 2nd. There is only one game scheduled for that date, and it's the Mavs (FMT) vs. Kings. I have it set to Medium speed, so in 4 hrs it will advance to Nov 3? All but 2 games have been played for Nov 3rd, and once timer expires it will move to the 4th?

Ferny

Ah ok.

So right now the date says November 2nd. There is only one game scheduled for that date, and it's the Mavs (FMT) vs. Kings. I have it set to Medium speed, so in 4 hrs it will advance to Nov 3? All but 2 games have been played for Nov 3rd, and once timer expires it will move to the 4th?

Yup exactly.

Top Bottom