• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Actually I seem to remember you freaking out about Fitz too then backing down when sanjo gave you trouble.

The problem is you set a standard with crow. You took away his player. Hell, last night you were pretty mad about Ramirez on AIM too. But then ram came at you strong and you went backed it down again.

If you say you are gonna do something, do it. You can't just go "fuck it, no rules" when you have to make a decision on something that effects an important game or a person that will stand up to you.

Ramirez stay padded. No doubt. Others have done it to since crow. If you wanna throw me in that conversation for running the ball, go ahead. Stop being a pussy

You have been less than consistent this year and i cant point to why that is, but its especially jarring. Its why i didnt want to be involved with the shadow council anymore.

Sokantish

fitz isn't an issue. you're missing the point. i'm saying a lot of this stuff is SUBJECTIVE. if you want to throw to fitz 23 times then do it! i'm not going to suspend him 4 games because i think you could have thrown to other people and just wanted to get him stats. do you get what i'm saying?
So you're saying Ponder to Owusu was too powerful so you had to stop me from doing it, but you didn't want to actually punish anyone except for the first week. I think I got it now!

Actually I seem to remember you freaking out about Fitz too then backing down when sanjo gave you trouble.

The problem is you set a standard with crow. You took away his player. Hell, last night you were pretty mad about Ramirez on AIM too. But then ram came at you strong and you went backed it down again.

If you say you are gonna do something, do it. You can't just go "fuck it, no rules" when you have to make a decision on something that effects an important game or a person that will stand up to you.

Ramirez stay padded. No doubt. Others have done it to since crow. If you wanna throw me in that conversation for running the ball, go ahead. Stop being a pussy

You have been less than consistent this year and i cant point to why that is, but its especially jarring. Its why i didnt want to be involved with the shadow council anymore.

if ramirez did this against a human opponent i think it's a different conversation. and it's not that there are "no rules", its that i'm finding more and more that a lot of these issues are subjective (as i have given plenty of examples!) regarding stat padding/running up the score.

hell i beat cola 63-3 and scored a couple rushing TD's with gore in the final 2 minutes! now i can say "well he threw a pick and i ran the ball in on the goal line!" but couldn't i have just run it up the gut into the linemen and ran more clock? yeah, i could have. doesn't that constitute padding gores stats?

Sokantish

I only wish I had a QB-WR combo for people to complain about. :(

You can borrow one of mine, I don't really need both of them. I do need a defense though. Maybe we can trade?

hell i beat cola 63-3 and scored a couple rushing TD's with gore in the final 2 minutes! now i can say "well he threw a pick and i ran the ball in on the goal line!" but couldn't i have just run it up the gut into the linemen and ran more clock? yeah, i could have. doesn't that constitute padding gores stats?

Yeah, it does. That's what I was saying during the season! If you wanted to make it a rule you should have enforced it, you jerk

DCX

DCX
but remember, stat padding and running up the score don't necessarily have to happen in the same game. i understand it was a close game.... but 23 catches? i can make the case that he was just padding fitz' stats!

and the main thing with ramirez game is that it happened against the CPU. i can go look through most CPU games played and say "well this looks like stat padding to me" to different degrees

I understand that don't go hand in hand but at the same time has Fitz had another 20 catch game? I could make the argument he had a game of a lifetime within the confines of a game.
running up the score AND stat padding is the crime here. The fact he tried to mask the running up the score by punting in the redzone is downright shameless. Yes coming from me :)

Its whatever. I like the rules. They should stay. If user catching is allowed, we will have to change addresses. www.madengaf.com/sharkwaters

DCX

I understand that don't go hand in hand but at the same time has Fitz had another 20 catch game? I could make the argument he had a game of a lifetime within the confines of a game.
running up the score AND stat padding is the crime here. The fact he tried to mask the running up the score by punting in the redzone is downright shameless. Yes coming from me :)

Its whatever. I like the rules. They should stay. If user catching is allowed, we will have to change addresses. www.madengaf.com/sharkwaters

DCX

user catching isn't allowed. i only asked about it because i saw it happen in 1 game and wasn't sure if it was still an issue. it's obvious that it is so it will stay banned! don't user catch!

Sokantish

DCX

He really wasn't trying to mask it by punting, he was just trying to not run it up. Too bad he was stat padding, though!

Sanjuro

DCX

Fitz had two monster games. Both against Ferny and his swiss cheese defense.

CB3

if ramirez did this against a human opponent i think it's a different conversation. and it's not that there are "no rules", its that i'm finding more and more that a lot of these issues are subjective (as i have given plenty of examples!) regarding stat padding/running up the score.

How is stand padding against the CPU different than a human other than the respect factor? You are still skewing stats, and exploiting AI for XP and glory. You can't have it both ways. You want to be everyones pal instead of making decisions that might make you look like the bad guy. There has been stat padding before and since crow. Against humans and AI. So why was he the only one punished?

How is stand padding against the CPU different than a human other than the respect factor? You are still skewing stats, and exploiting AI for XP and glory. You can't have it both ways. You want to be everyones pal instead of making decisions that might make you look like the bad guy. There has been stat padding before and since crow. Against humans and AI. So why was he the only one punished?

i don't give a shit if everyone is pals and i don't give a shit about XP. it was always about being respectful to your opponent because there were people who complained about the score getting run up on them.

its always about the XP glory! and as i said a few times already, the fact that some of these stat padding instances are subjective is the entire reason that i don't want to bother with it anymore. champ was suspended after crow ran up the score and said he knew he shouldn't throw it but still did. with stat padding, i don't think you would be very happy if after you played the cowboys i said "hey btw i need you to sit mccoy for 4 games.... i think you padded his stats in the game. sorry!"

Rorschach

I don't think Ram should be punished. I don't think the rules need changing. I don't think anyone is asking you to please everyone FMT. That seems to be your core argument. That you lose if you do and you lose if you don't, so you just won't. Howabout we stick with what's been working for a little while longer? One person complaining isn't 31 people bitching at you. It just feels that way.

Mrbob

Why you gotta do me like that? Right before I play my playoff game tonight too so I remember those bad memories.

Most garbage come back of all time, two second half return fumbles smh.

McNei1y

I don't think Ram should be punished. I don't think the rules need changing. I don't think anyone is asking you to please everyone FMT. That seems to be your core argument. That you lose if you do and you lose if you don't, so you just won't. Howabout we stick with what's been working for a little while longer? One person complaining isn't 31 people bitching at you. It just feels that way.

Yeah. I agree with this. But I still don't know what should be done about the whole stat padding situation.

Why you gotta do me like that? Right before I play my playoff game tonight too so I remember those bad memories.

Most garbage come back of all time, two second half return fumbles smh.

it's best not to think about the past.... it will consume you! your main thing now is to remember you have HFA and trust THAT to get you the win

Mrbob

I'm just going to score now. I could have taken an INT back to the house when I was up 33 to 7 with 30 seconds left against Cola. However I stopped at the 5, got tackled, and took a knee to end the game. I didn't feel the need to finish off with 40 points.

If others are going to stat pad, so will I.

Sokantish

It wasn't working though, people were still running it up/stat padding and not getting punished. Some people started following the new rule and watched their poor WR/QBs get passed up easily. Now I'm not saying it was Ponder, Owusu, or Harvin that got left behind... but it was! Although I think losing Ponder for 4 weeks had more to do with that, really.

I'm just going to score now. I could have taken an INT back to the house when I was up 33 to 7 with 30 seconds left against Cola. However I stopped at the 5, got tackled, and took a knee to end the game. I didn't feel the need to finish off with 40 points.

People already did that Bob, I stopped on INTs early because I was way ahead out of respect of my fellow madden friends. Others didn't though and FMT said it's okay to run INTs in for TDs. Apparently the only way to stat pad in FMT's eyes before was passing the ball for more than 15 yards.

not sure that would've been considered running up the score. i think people have always been of the opinion that returning an INT or fumble for a TD was fair game, no matter the score!

CB3

It wasn't working though, people were still running it up/stat padding and not getting punished. Some people started following the new rule and watched their poor WR/QBs get passed up easily. Now I'm not saying it was Ponder, Owusu, or Harvin that got left behind... but it was! Although I think losing Ponder for 4 weeks had more to do with that, really.
It wasn't working because no one thought FMT would actually do anything. Low and behold!

Rorschach

No, you're right, it's stat padding rules that held you back. Not injuries, or terrible defense, or one trick pony offense!

i think a lot of it was the big help posts we had from LJ and others about how to cut down on the ints and play a better game overall. int's went down, lots of games got closer. i dont want people to just say fuck it im going to put up 80! but its just difficult for me to suspend someone for something like stat padding when it's not always a black and white case. i want a clean respectful game but i also dont want someone scared to actually play because they think im going to say "wtf you put up 450 yards with ponder!? suspended!!!"

Top Bottom