• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA March Madness 2016 - Men's Tournament |OT| Nobody is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you add up the distance of each throwaway UNI had at end of regulation, I bet it equals the distance of the half court shot Jepson made exactly.

Why didn't they just chuck the ball as far as they could after inbounding, without thinking of passing?

Half of the problem is that UNI couldn't even get the ball inbounds to somebody. And when they did, they completely shut down and curled up into a ball without even trying to move while the refs were happy to not call anything when they probably could have.

This is a bad direction for the thread, but....

https://www.instagram.com/taylorrooks/?hl=en

Ia0wLKa.gif

I can't take credit. Some other Gaffer pointed out the BTN coverage first, but I've basically been drunk for the last six months and I can't remember who exactly.

Sweet 16 times are set, even if not all the teams are.

NCAA March Madness ‏@marchmadness 16m16 minutes ago
Thurs #Sweet16 (pm ET)
7:10: Nova v Miami
7:37: Okla v Texas A&M
After Nova/Miami: Kansas v Maryland
After OU/AM: Duke v St. Joe's/Oregon

NCAA March Madness ‏@marchmadness 16m16 minutes ago
Fri #Sweet16 (pm ET)
7:10: Virginia v Iowa State
7:27: Notre Dame v Wisconsin
After UVA/ISU: Syracuse v Gonzaga
After ND/Wisc: UNC v Indiana

It always seems like basketball injury response times are slow as fuck. Then once they respond, they take forever to get the player off the court. Once they do that, the player frequently just sits on the bench with minimal treatment. Then maybe actual treatment happens and they are taken to the locker room.

Second round was really disappointing upset wise. The only two double digit seeds to make the Sweet 16 are an ACC team and a small school that's been in 18 straight tournaments and made the Elite 8 last year, and I say that as a Gonzaga fan.

My bracket looks great as long as you ignore the massive steaming crater that is the midwest (1 of 4 Sweet 16 teams) and the fact that I had Michigan State winning the whole thing. I've only lost one team from any other region -- Xavier. Problem there is that I also had them advancing to the Final Four because the other option would have been North Carolina.

Of course, I spent all of 4 seconds thinking about the bracket, which is 4 seconds more than I've spent on the prior 10 years combined. The only reason I filled one out is because I started the pool, and the only reason I started the pool is because I started this thread, and the only reason I started this thread is because chicks dig the long ball. I think I officially ran out of reasons before that last one.

Only gotten 2 games wrong in the West so far and got all 4 Sweet 16 teams right. Every other bracket is a disaster though. Got no more than 2 Sweet 16 teams right in the other 3 and only got one right in the East (North Carolina). Can only get one Elite 8 team right in the other 3 brackets and lost my national champion in the first round (Michigan State) as well.

I don't know if I should count the Turtles as part of the ACC domination.

On the one hand, it makes the conference look even better.

On the other, they took the money and ran like traitors so...

Kaibutsu

I don't know if I should count the Turtles as part of the ACC domination.

On the one hand, it makes the conference look even better.

On the other, they took the money and ran like traitors so...

It still irks me to no end that Maryland isn't in the ACC anymore... Some of the greatest ACC basketball games ever were Maryland V Duke or Maryland V UNC...

UNC was ranked 29th in Adj. Def. Eff per Kenpom prior to playing Notre Dame in the ACCT.

They are now up to 10th.

The same thing happened to Duke in last year's tournament. A defense that was not national championship quality turned into a national championship defense.

This is a bad sign for us Carolina haters. Fortunately, the Heels still can't shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom