• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Do you have the Need for Speed?

jred2k

Is it just me or does anybody else feel there are way too many time trials/rapid response events in this game? Seems like every time I unlock events its 1-2 actual races compared to 5-6 time trials.

I wrecked three cops as a racer last night and was impolitely asked to leave by the other players because I was too awesome for them to deal with.

crispyben

Omeyocan said:
More pics of the console versions please !!!!
Untouched PS3 Dreamshots:
pic.jpg

pic.jpg

pic.jpg

jred2k said:
Is it just me or does anybody else feel there are way too many time trials/rapid response events in this game? Seems like every time I unlock events its 1-2 actual races compared to 5-6 time trials.
This, its whats making the Cop Career not fun. Way too many time trials too early with really high powered cars ...

seady

Is this game fun if I don't have a lot of gaming friends online? It seems the selling point is the Autolog which I will probably not gonna use much.

seady said:
Is this game fun if I don't have a lot of gaming friends online? It seems the selling point is the Autolog which I will probably not gonna use much.

I'm having a couple " friends " for another forum and yes, even if we never meet for real, the autolog thing makes everything more awesome. It always challenges you to go faster. It's very rewarding to finish an event with gold award AND with the best times of your friend list. Feels good man !

Teknoman

seady said:

You could always add people from GAF/other places.

aparisi2274

i-Lo said:
Then why not use the normal photo mode from the pause menu which nets you a 720p resolution and much more flexibility with regards to ways in which you can take a picture?
Because I was unaware you could do that. Thanks for the tip!!

Oneself

PS3, untouched

*AMAZING SCREENS (I'll host them somewhere else since I've reached the limit of Autolog's good will)

will post some more later..

iNvid02

how do you take a snap in race, i took a dreamshot to get a trophy while in the menus but i get into some crazy situations which need to be caught on camera :lol

Oneself

You again?!:lol
PICS...
(I'll host them somewhere else since I've reached the limit of Autolog's good will)

Hope you guys enjoy!!:D

I think it supports any non-Logitech wheel on PS3 for some reason, they are trying to get a patch in for Logitech support.

anyway just picked this up from the Kmart sale this afternoon. Put about an hour and a half in and so far. My initial impression from the first couple of races is that the AI is a pain in the ass. It's like the game keeps you just behind the pack for the entire race and then lets you blow by them at the finish. Wonder if that gets better later in the game? Thankfully once you start adding cops and weapons into the equation it mixes things up nicely and makes for fun, hectic racing. Also the weighty feel of the vehicles kind of threw me off a bit. It's a lot harder to drift than you'd expect from the guys who made Burnout. I did notice that the supercars that I unlock tend to control a little smoother and looser which is good.

anyway my PSN id is El_Fixer add me PS3 players to compare wall times.

i-Lo

Ninja Scooter said:
I think it supports any non-Logitech wheel on PS3 for some reason, they are trying to get a patch in for Logitech support.

anyway just picked this up from the Kmart sale this afternoon. Put about an hour and a half in and so far. My initial impression from the first couple of races is that the AI is a pain in the ass. It's like the game keeps you just behind the pack for the entire race and then lets you blow by them at the finish. Wonder if that gets better later in the game? Thankfully once you start adding cops and weapons into the equation it mixes things up nicely and makes for fun, hectic racing. Also the weighty feel of the vehicles kind of threw me off a bit. It's a lot harder to drift than you'd expect from the guys who made Burnout. I did notice that the supercars that I unlock tend to control a little smoother and looser which is good.

anyway my PSN id is El_Fixer add me PS3 players to compare wall times.

What's your time for the Zonda roadster time trial (the one with two major straights) and also for the track which was available for demo?

Holy crap, just had the online race of my life! In the Super series, racing the Gallardo, 3-on-3 Hot Pursuit, the other two racers got taken out fast and I got fucked with spike strip and EMP hits early on so it was all three cops chasing me on critical damage for seven miles. At night. Ran a few sweet shortcuts, got lucky on two roadblocks and dodged an aerial spike strip within sight of the finish line to win the race with all three cops no more than two car lengths behind me, sirens wailing. My heart is still pounding! LOVE THIS GAME.

Gary Whitta said:
Holy crap, just had the online race of my life! In the Super series, racing the Gallardo, 3-on-3 Hot Pursuit, the other two racers got taken out fast and I got fucked with spike strip and EMP hits early on so it was all three cops chasing me on critical damage for seven miles. At night. Ran a few sweet shortcuts, got lucky on two roadblocks and dodged an aerial spike strip within sight of the finish line to win the race with all three cops no more than two car lengths behind me, sirens wailing. My heart is still pounding! LOVE THIS GAME.
The online in this game is seriously amazing.

i-Lo

Gary Whitta said:

As great as that sounds, I can already imagine your unsatisfaction in the knowledge that the experience you had can never be fully expressed in writing. It's the sort of stuff one must empathize with to fully comprehend the adrenaline rush you had just felt.

I know the feeling.

Pandemic

I'm so confused.

With people that got the Limited Edition for Playstation 3, did you get a separate code to unlock the extra cars, or did you only use the code on the back of the booklet.... :S

i-Lo

Pandemic said:
I'm so confused.

With people that got the Limited Edition for Playstation 3, did you get a separate code to unlock the extra cars, or did you only use the code on the back of the booklet.... :S

I only used what came with the game (booklet)

i-Lo

Pandemic said:
Strange.. They gave me a pamphlet which has this code, and it has Xbox 360 all over it, and also doesn't fit on when I try to redeem it.....

Now that I think of it, the code for unlocking the online mode is the same which unlocks (or downloads I can't quite remember) the exclusive content for the CE.

We need to get another group of 360 GAFfers together online! The best part of playing with Whitta and the rest was the sense of rivalry against the other racers event after event (probably because I was never on the same team with Whitta!).

I find myself at a fork in the road.

I bought Hot Pursuit last weekend and have played through a third of it. I like it, but can't help but feel I should love it.

Is it not as good as Burnout, or can I just not accept it plays differently than Burnout?

kryptikjoker said:
We need to get another group of 360 GAFfers together online! The best part of playing with Whitta and the rest was the sense of rivalry against the other racers event after event (probably because I was never on the same team with Whitta!).
I'm on now if you wanna play.

Agent X

The photo mode in this game is extremely well done! I love having the ability to log into Autolog from my computer or cell phone to view and download the photos. I'm using this one as my cell phone wallpaper right now:

pic.jpg

Here are a few others that I liked as well:

pic.jpg

pic.jpg

pic.jpg

pic.jpg

Xun

Played the actual game in the store today, absolutely phenomenal! My mind was blown during it.

I loved the demo to death, and I'll be getting this for Christmas.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Xun said:
Played the actual game in the store today, absolutely phenomenal! My mind was blown during it.

I loved the demo to death, and I'll be getting this for Christmas.
Sounds like Need for Speed is back bitches!

Top Bottom