• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Do you have the Need for Speed?

Now I've finished all the Racer events with a Gold medal. The time trials weren't so bad, but races, duels and gauntlet events (so basically anything where the outcome of the race depends on the enemy AI to some extent) have been a real pain sometimes. I had a lot of bad luck and would lose my lead on the last few meters pretty regularly.

i-Lo

Could someone kindly post a direct capture from a PC or console with the HUD (i.e. a capture while racing instead of pausing and going to specific picture taking menu)?

i-Lo

Nvm, if anyone requires a way to remove image retention for the no. off of their plasma (like me) you guys can use this (took some time):

(Note that I use "2" instead of 1 because I play in Km/h and the most frequent no. in the hundredth place is "2")

2akmbzc.jpg

vr4zrl.jpg

jq2lxu.jpg

2mcetd1.jpg

garth2000

Man. I frigging love this game.

I'm usually pretty competant at racing games, but this one is kicking my ass. It's seems pretty hard (to me anyway), but is fun enough to want to play each level over and over to improve your times.

A few things I'd love to see in an update:

- A higher camera angle that would let me see more of the road ahead
and/or
- The ability to make the map appear more prominently on the screen so that I can see the turns ahead easier.

Pandemic

More Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit DLC available now
The SCPD Rebels Pack, which is available to download from Hot Pursuit’s in-game store, adds seven new cars to the Racer line-up, including the Audi R8 5.2 FSI and Aston Martin DBS. The cars were previously only available to the SCPD.

Here’s the full list of them:

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S
Aston Martin DBS
Audi R8 5.2 FSI
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition
Lamborghini Reventon
Bugatti Veyron 16.4
Chevrolet Corvette Z06

The pack will set you back 320 Microsoft Points/$3.99.

http://www.gamerzines.com/need-for-speed/news/speed-hot-pursuit-dlc-2/

Bought GT5. Started installing, so started playing Hot Pursuit.

Didn't stop playing Hot Pursuit till just now, start a race in GT5, found it too boring, jumped right back into HP. :lol

Pandemic

Question, I have 2 limited edition cars I want to unlock, I have the code and all, but where do I use the code?

This is for Playstation 3.

aparisi2274

Here is a pic I took during a race on my 360...

pic.jpg

Need to get better at my pic taking, but it's a pain in the ass to hit the R3 button while trying to steer through a turn...

Pandemic

Okay, it seems my EB Games store gave me the wrong exclusive car redemption code, it's supposed to be used for the Xbox 360.... :l

While there are some things I don't care for in the game... single player cop time trials, not enough differentiation between cars within classes, no cockpit mode, brake button is essentially a drift button (as per Giant Bomb)... overall Hot Pursuit is my GOTY so far. Hot Pursuit online is so much fun!

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Sup NFSGaf. I'm thinking of picking this up to satisfy my need for speed arcade racing, as GT5 is nicely satisfying my sim-racing desires. But I'd like to ask two questions:

1) I know there's no story in this, like it was in Most Wanted (I actually enjoyed the NFS game stories, despite the stupid plotlines and hammy acting), but what's the gameplay like? Is it only about avoiding cops, or are there 'missions' like in Most Wanted (pass cameras at a certain speed, tag x number of police cars, 'milestones', tollbooth races etc.)?

2) How does this look and run on the PS3?

3) How long would it take to complete the game, i.e. how much content is there?

crispyben

Combichristoffersen said:
1) I know there's no story in this, like it was in Most Wanted (I actually enjoyed the NFS game stories, despite the stupid plotlines and hammy acting), but what's the gameplay like? Is it only about avoiding cops, or are there 'missions' like in Most Wanted (pass cameras at a certain speed, tag x number of police cars, 'milestones', tollbooth races etc.)?

1) There are two careers, Cop and Racer, with 108 events total. Cop events are Hot Pursuit (cops hunt racers), Interceptor (cop hunts racer) and Rapid Response (time trial with penalties). Racer events are Hot Pursuit, Race and Time Trial. You unlock various car classes as you rank up thanks to Bounty accumulated through the various events, both offline and online.

2) More than good enough for me, and it plays well too :)

3) I'd say between 20 (finish both careers) and 30 hours (Platinum)

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
crispyben said:
1) There are two careers, Cop and Racer, with 108 events total. Cop events are Hot Pursuit (cops hunt racers), Interceptor (cop hunts racer) and Rapid Response (time trial with penalties). Racer events are Hot Pursuit, Race and Time Trial. You unlock various car classes as you rank up thanks to Bounty accumulated through the various events, both offline and online.

2) More than good enough for me, and it plays well too :)

3) I'd say between 20 (finish both careers) and 30 hours (Platinum)

DasRaven said:
1) I didn't play most wanted, but the gameplay here is all P2P and involves either completing the P2P in a specific amount of time (with AI competing or not) for racers and stopping AI racers before the end of the P2P. There are milestones, but they are bonus XP for your persona rather than separate missions as such.

2) Amazingly.

3) The 2 SP careers can probably be finished (with a bronze/pass in each event) in roughly 20h total. Grinding for gold/distinction depends on your skill. However, Autolog essentially redefines the idea of "completing" the game since the goalposts will be continually moving thanks to your friends. Multiplayer is so fun that I can't imagine it ever getting stale.

Thanks. So the races are mainly hot pursuit races then. Hm.. Not really what I wanted, so I might just see if I can find a cheap bargain bin copy of NFS Undercover (as that one's closer to the Most Wanted style). Thanks for the help :)

DasRaven

Combichristoffersen said:
Sup NFSGaf. I'm thinking of picking this up to satisfy my need for speed arcade racing, as GT5 is nicely satisfying my sim-racing desires. But I'd like to ask two questions:

1) I didn't play most wanted, but the gameplay here is all P2P and involves either completing the P2P in a specific amount of time (with AI competing or not) for racers and stopping AI racers before the end of the P2P. There are milestones, but they are bonus XP for your persona rather than separate missions as such.

2) Amazingly.

3) The 2 SP careers can probably be finished (with a bronze/pass in each event) in roughly 20h total. Grinding for gold/distinction depends on your skill. However, Autolog essentially redefines the idea of "completing" the game since the goalposts will be continually moving thanks to your friends. Multiplayer is so fun that I can't imagine it ever getting stale.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
jamesinclair said:
Why is the wii version being ignored so much?

It has two reviews by no-name websites :(

We've got a review coming, it's not pretty.

Killer

Banned
gdt5016 said:
Quick, please:

Which is the better version of the game?

I think all of them are pretty identical. Just MAKE SURE that you buy it on the console that has most of your friends on.

i-Lo

gdt5016 said:
Quick, please:

Which is the better version of the game?

They are both equal in performance. Priority of purchase should be based on either the preference between trophy and achievement and/or friend's list.

i-Lo

aparisi2274 said:
Here is a pic I took during a race on my 360...

pic.jpg

Need to get better at my pic taking, but it's a pain in the ass to hit the R3 button while trying to steer through a turn...

Then why not use the normal photo mode from the pause menu which nets you a 720p resolution and much more flexibility with regards to ways in which you can take a picture?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Okay, after some thinking, here's some cars I want to see.

1989 Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary Edition
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
2000 Lamborghini Diablo 6.0
1996 Porsche 911 GT2 (993)
2003 Porsche 911 Turbo (996)
2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2005 Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
2008 SSC Ultimate Aero TT
2011 SSC Ultimate Aero II
1997 Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR
Maserati MC12

Any others I'm missing?

gdt

Got it for PS3, need more games on it anyway.

Now...to add some friends...of which I have 0 :lol .

My PSNID is gdt5016.

Nyx

I thought the demo was meh, but my GF is a NFS addict, so she wanted this game for her birthday.

I gave it to her yesterday, watched her play, then played myself, and it blew me away ! :D
Really getting a Burnout 2/3 vibe here, which is good !!!!

DasRaven

DenogginizerOS said:
Are all retail copies the LE still? I just ordered from Amazon and it does not say LE on the boxart.

The ones I saw at Wal-mart & Best Buy last night were all LEs. I pre-ordered from AMZ and received an LE as well, and that was a the Sunday before release.

sillymonkey321 said:
$34.99 tmw at Amazon supposedly. Might pick up the ps3 version too.

Hmm. I have my 10 dollar gt credit. I wonder if I should thank my lucky stars and pull the trigger at $30 overall, rather than take chances and not get it at $25.

I was considering paying $35 plus tax and braving the crowds if necessary. This seems like a win right now.

DasRaven

twinturbo2 said:
Okay, after some thinking, here's some cars I want to see.

Any others I'm missing?

Tons, but if I had to pick my top 3 MIA: Audi RS5, Jaguar XFR, AC Cobra
And of course the F-cars. but there's little/no hope of them coming.

Erebus

There's a PC patch incoming next week.

Fixes:
Multi-Core CPU's
We've now located and fixed the problem that players were reporting where the game would crash on Car Select, Map Screen, Loading screen or just at the start of an event. Interestingly we're actually intrigued that the game works at all after our investigations with the problem actually manifesting itself in code that we shipped as part of Burnout Paradise.

We've also taken the opportunity to address a couple of other reported problems.

Missing Rain / Snow and Corona effects
This have been fixed

CL Eye Driver crashing the game on startup
Fixed.

Corrupted Dreamshots in non 16:9 aspect ratios
Fixed.

We've also added D-BOX motion chair support.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-25-nfs-hp-pc-patch-set-for-early-next-week

Mr. Hyde

How big is the crowd on PS3? I am thinking of trying to get it off Amazon tomorrow for $34.99 and I am just curious. I remember how low the community was on Blur :/

Top Bottom