• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

netBuff

I preordered the game on PSN. Hoping it'll fee much like Paradise, lots of good times with that one.

Burnout Paradise & better GPS/route finding (which is definitely in) is all I want from this game, and seems like that's what we'll get. Hope to see you crashing on the PSN ;)

Glad initial impressions are encouraging!

Orca

Earlier you talked about a framerate drop and sound stutters when entering a "settings" menu.

Were you talking about the in game menus where you adjust tires, cars, efc?

Are you playing over optical audio by chance?

Also, have you been noticing framerate problems in game at all? Sound stutters in game?

Thanks.

No framerate or sound issues in the game. I'm taking about hitting start (or back, I think) to pause the game and bring up menu, not the easydrive menu. The sound/framerate are fine until you go to the Settings tab, then there's audio stuttering like crazy. I'm using HDMI.

I wish it was a little easier to ditch the cops in the game. Pursuits start way too frequently during races and it becomes a chore to finish it, then ditch the cops. I had one pursuit that went for a half hour until I just gave up and let them bust me. In the city, you can't get space enough to go into cooldown and on the highways where you can lose them it just throws a roadblock in front of you, which seems to spawn cops on the other side of it even if you avoid it.

You can use car swaps and the gas stations to reduce heat level, but it's just not enough of a difference. Escaping pursuits quickly feels more like luck than anything.

No framerate or sound issues in the game. I'm taking about hitting start (or back, I think) to pause the game and bring up menu, not the easydrive menu. The sound/framerate are fine until you go to the Settings tab, then there's audio stuttering like crazy. I'm using HDMI.

I wish it was a little easier to ditch the cops in the game. Pursuits start way too frequently during races and it becomes a chore to finish it, then ditch the cops. I had one pursuit that went for a half hour until I just gave up and let them bust me. In the city, you can't get space enough to go into cooldown and on the highways where you can lose them it just throws a roadblock in front of you, which seems to spawn cops on the other side of it even if you avoid it.

You can use car swaps and the gas stations to reduce heat level, but it's just not enough of a difference. Escaping pursuits quickly feels more like luck than anything.

Do the police only use cars? Are there helicopters in at all that search for you?

I have a dilemma. I don't know whether to get this or Forza Horizon ( I really enjoyed Hot Pursuit, but I have also liked Forza since the third one ). I can't get both. What should I do? :(

still day one but you saying the cops can be a pain was one of my biggest concerns with this game.

Lé Blade Runner;43699545 said:
I have a dilemma. I don't know whether to get this or Forza Horizon ( I really enjoyed Hot Pursuit, but I have also liked Forza since the third one ). I can't get both. What should I do? :(

Wait until NFS is out long enough for you to read impressions that convince you to get one of the other, and be happy that by the time you're bored with one, you'll be able to get the other for relatively cheap if you still want it.

RE the cops. In the city, I'd assume losing them would be all about using the hundreds of hidden routes, jumps and what not?

A. I'm sure adding mods will improve handling just like the original most wanted you could improve performance.
B. Criterion is using their own engine it not frostbite 2! Criterion never had a sub 720p game. They are one
of the best developers when it comes to engineering so I expect both systems to run native 720.

I lean toward the 360 version, it will upscale to 1080p and I can install it on my HD.

LCGeek

formerly sane
The handling being more like HP is exactly what I was afraid of, and is almost a deal breaker for me. It should handle more like BP.

think I'll skip getting this on release day, and just wait for a price drop.

I hear this shit about HP all the time.

How is the drift mechanic bad its more like ridge racer or out run game vs the best of burnout which is 2 or paradise. HP unlike burnout or other arcadey nfs games of the time actually has decent breaking mechanics the same for actually having to make good lines.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The handling being more like HP is exactly what I was afraid of, and is almost a deal breaker for me. It should handle more like BP.

think I'll skip getting this on release day, and just wait for a price drop.
The cars in BP are oddly weightless. It was probably always that way but it wasn't obvious until the franchise went open world.

Sethos

Banned
So what's the word on a photography feature? Something so I can pause, get a great angle and take a FRAPS shot. Game looks beautiful.

So what's the word on a photography feature? Something so I can pause, get a great angle and take a FRAPS shot. Game looks beautiful.

Yeah, seriously. Any word on this? I had so much fun with it in Hot Pursuit, Forza 4 and Forza Horizon. When the games look that great using the photo feature is always so fun.

iNvid02

hopefully there is something like hot pursuits photo mode, cant even remember if the run had one.

if not, i'll be willing to sacrifice a few races to get that perfect shot

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Dammit. Don't want the High-Res Screenshot thread full of boring chase cam pictures.

Remember the "photo"-""""""""""""""""""""""""""feature"""""""""""""""""""""""""" in NFS:HP?

Did you see what the game did to the screenshots? I've seen some terrible things in my life... mexican cartel chainsaw beheadings for example but the absolute destruction of the picture that you took using the photo-mode in NFS:HP was something of pure terror.

Sethos

Banned
Remember the "photo"-""""""""""""""""""""""""""feature"""""""""""""""""""""""""" in NFS:HP?

Did you see what the game did to the screenshots? I've seen some terrible things in my life... mexican cartel chainsaw beheadings for example but the absolute destruction of the picture that you took using the photo-mode in NFS:HP was something of pure terror.

Yeah, I remember that trash :(

I just want a simple free-rotating camp without a HUD, it's even a great PR tool for them.

Why are they doing this to me!

Yeah, it pretty much compressed the living hell out of them if I remember correctly.

iNvid02

and they called it dreamshots

KuGsj.gif

I'm not sure why a photomode hasn't become automatic for racing games. They're pretty damn popular when they're done properly (the GT5 photomode thread is larger than the OT for Hot Pursuit).

I'm not sure why a photomode hasn't become automatic for racing games. They're pretty damn popular when they're done properly (the GT5 photomode thread is larger than the OT for Hot Pursuit).

In this case I get the feeling they pushed the console versions to their absolute limits. I doubt adding anything more was possible.

Top Bottom