• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

It really ends up being a social problem than a game issue. I actually really like the freestyle startup point for a race, and the jockeying for position or taking someone down does make the races interesting (I've always shown up late to the meetup using the Raptor just to screw with people's heads).

But yes, there's no real "competitive" race setup, a somewhat baffling decision given that such an option existed in both Paradise and in HP (as empty as those queue/lobbys always seems to be)

That's really disappointing for me. I buy these games for the arcade racing. This sort of online setup makes the game more like a poor-man's Twisted Metal.

That's really disappointing for me. I buy these games for the arcade racing. This sort of online setup makes the game more like a poor-man's Twisted Metal.
Honestly if you bought the game for straight up arcade racing you probably should of looked elsewhere. The online set-up isn't bad, it's just not what you're looking for. For me I was looking for a game to hang out in with some friends that I don't get to see all that often and this online set-up (and Paradise's) has been too perfect for that.

Honestly if you bought the game for straight up arcade racing you probably should of looked elsewhere. The online set-up isn't bad, it's just not what you're looking for. For me I was looking for a game to hang out in with some friends that I don't get to see all that often and this online set-up (and Paradise's) has been too perfect for that.

If you're playing in a server mostly filled with friends, it shouldn't be too bad. As it stands, most of my multiplayer sessions will probably be with strangers. Which means most of my time will end up in single player.

c0Zm1c

I don't really like the multiplayer either. It's a messy set up, though I'm told it's meant to be like that so I guess it's just not my thing. I do like the singleplayer though. For me it's like other games that have expanded into open world territory, there's no going back. I loved Burnout Paradise.

There shouldve been more sp content, in 10 hours you beat the MW races and done most of the challenges. While there are more then 40 cars, they all have +- the same races, to unlock the same things for your car.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm enjoying this game more than I did Burnout Paradise.

I'm 68% done with the SP stuff.

My question is I ACCIDENTALLY backed up into a cop near one of the bridges (the one where you can valut up top. So I decided to just park there and the cops couldn't follow me up there. 20 minutes later, I'm at the maximum heat level. it was about 10 cop vehicles below me while normal traffic was just ramming those vehicles all over the place. Do the cops just get bored and go away or am I just trollin?

i love the game, havnt done much SP but had a blast with the MP. I have given the game a break for a few weeks to play Black Ops but im going back soon. One big complaint is the constant crashing and crashing a little to easy sometimes, I know this is how the game is supposed to be and thats fine but it gets annoying after a while. I hate that if I barely hit traffic its a crash, u should be able to bounce off traffic a little more. Also I wish when I was in a menu changing my car or doing Mods people werent able to crash u, especially if its in between races and your just trying to chill on the side of the road for a minute, so annoying.

Skyzard

Banned
The AI on the Vita version can be terrible at times, especially when you aren't in the lead they just crash themselves - happens every time on the jump near the port with all the coloured blocks. Wish they'd release some patches already.

Agent X

On the Vita version, the police seem to be easier to outrun and/or outsmart, too. I just got busted for the first time yesterday, even though I had been playing for nearly 2 weeks already. I even managed to earn the trophy for evading police at all 6 heat levels two days before getting busted for the first time. I still haven't earned that trophy on PS3, where the police appear to be smarter and more aggressive.

jobber

On the Vita version, the police seem to be easier to outrun and/or outsmart, too. I just got busted for the first time yesterday, even though I had been playing for nearly 2 weeks already. I even managed to earn the trophy for evading police at all 6 heat levels two days before getting busted for the first time. I still haven't earned that trophy on PS3, where the police appear to be smarter and more aggressive.

I did my bridge experiment a few more days. None of the cop cars were able to jump the ramp and catch me. So I stayed up there while the heat levels kept increasing. I saw a few cop cars attempt to jump the ramp and ended up either on their side or just fall to the other side. It was quite funny. They had setup SWAT vehicles in a line so I couldn't escape but the normal traffic broke the line.

I attempted a few things to fuck with the game. Like while all the police were gathered at one side of the bridge, I slowly creeped to the other side of the upper level and I entered a cooldown. Then some random patrol cars ended up coming off the map to mess that up.

Also noticed that the big box trucks gave 0 fucks about the cops and rolled through them. So I attempted to land on a truck to see what happens. I crashed 4 times before I gave up.

c0Zm1c

Fantastic news from EA - 'The Ultimate Speed Pack for Need For Speed Most Wanted is now available! What do you get with the new content? The Ultimate Speed Pack is available for console, only'.

https://help.ea.com/article/what-co...ate-speed-pack-for-need-for-speed-most-wanted

F you EA. Not only are PC version owners still waiting on a patch to fix the framerate issue, it now appears we no longer get access to the DLC apart from unlocking everything.

It seems it's an error. It's out on PC.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Playing on PS3, wtf is up with the stingy ass acceleration? I have to put a vice grip kung fu death hold squeeze on R1 to get over 20mph. Hot Pursuit wasn't like this! I have to actually pause and let my finger rest during races, its absurd. I literally have to squeeze almost as hard as I can to get max acceleration. Switching acceleration to R2 helps a little, but damn this is annoying. This cant be good for my controller or my finger!

Arucardo

Either I'm crazy or the the patch did fix the performance issues, no drops so far with everything cranked up except for headlight shadows off, I've yet to see it go below 57 fps on a 670 and a 4,5ghz 2500K.

EDIT: Scratch that, still managed to bring it down to 45-50 and stutter.

scitek

Either I'm crazy or the the patch did fix the performance issues, no drops so far with everything cranked up except for headlight shadows off, I've yet to see it go below 57 fps on a 670 and a 4,5ghz 2500K.

EDIT: Scratch that, still managed to bring it down to 45-50 and stutter.

I have the same specs and no change from what I can see, either.

Arucardo

Don't really know what to make of this, only managed to make it stutter once in the 35minutes or so that I've been driving around now.

The DLC cars actually appear in the world and if you press Y on them it takes you to the origin dlc store :|
Wow.

So the GAF consensus on this seems to be quite a bit worse than the Metacritic of 84, if this thread's anything to go by. Is that right?
Na. It's no Paradise or Hot Pursuit, but it's still a very solid game, as long as:

a)You are ok with the "single player" being light on content unless you want to max out the things they want you to max out on (exploration, car upgrades, etc...)
b)A "connected" asynchronous offline multiplayer that needs you to have friends to challenge your score against
c)enjoy the "dick around-ness" of the multiplayer mode: unstructured online racing mixed in with "challenges"

c0Zm1c

I am not at home so if it is in game forgive me but how do you go about getting the DLC on PC?
It's included in the update. Buying the pack unlocks it for use.

So the GAF consensus on this seems to be quite a bit worse than the Metacritic of 84, if this thread's anything to go by. Is that right?
It's the best racing game I've played since Paradise (a factor being because I don't play a lot of them I guess!), and very nearly as good as that game. I think the driving actually feels a lot better in Most Wanted, but Paradise City is larger and more diverse than Fairhaven.

I didn't like Hot Pursuit. The feel of the driving was just awful. I re-installed the game recently to give it another shot, but I soon uninstalled it again lol.

Sold my 360 version to buy the Vita version. Visual downgrade? Yes. But the game is still as awesome as on a console and it's great to take it with you. Did regret buying it for 5 minutes, but once playing the game on Vita everywhere I'm having a blast.

bs000

DLC Most Wanted race for Venom GT Spyder

Seems like it's the only event in the DLC that has a super cool intro. All the other DLC intros are pretty similar to each other, and also pretty tame compared to all the intros from the original events.

DLC also has 5 new billboards. Anyone know where they are and what you get for smashing them all?

Sold my 360 version to buy the Vita version. Visual downgrade? Yes. But the game is still as awesome as on a console and it's great to take it with you. Did regret buying it for 5 minutes, but once playing the game on Vita everywhere I'm having a blast.
Thought about doing the same, but I already beat all the Most Wanted cars and haven't had much motivation to play through random events with the different cars. How's the online on the Vita? Probably my favorite part of the game on 360, so if it's comparable I'll consider it.

Thought about doing the same, but I already beat all the Most Wanted cars and haven't had much motivation to play through random events with the different cars. How's the online on the Vita? Probably my favorite part of the game on 360, so if it's comparable I'll consider it.

Own the game for 3 days now and didn't go online tbh. Wanted to finish the SP first, but I'll give it a spin tonight.

jobber

From desc, sounds like all 5 are free, along with 10 new speed list multiplayer challenges.

Hmmm..I'm like 3 billboards, 7 gates, and 5 speed cameras away from finishing those things on SP. Will this new stuff mess me up?

jobber

It won't mess you up. The speed pack has its own stats page separate from the main game.

Great! Because i've spent 4 days looking for these missing things and I have yet to find them. I drove all over the god damn city >_>

Xdye7

Needle Point is awesome. The Getaway in the BAC Mono can gtfo though. Very little margin for error.

Anyways, I'm liking the DLC so far.

Top Bottom