• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

Still on the fence to buy this for my Vita. Two concerns: is it native resolution and will the framerate be steady? Any info on this?

A few screenshots that have come around have indicated a resolution slightly under native.

Hands on impressions with the Vita version months ago indicated it ran OK, with slight hitches. Criterion assured they would be cleaned up before release. My suspicion is it will run good, but maybe not quite as smoothly as the PS3 version.

Could someone confirm if the game has offline splitscreen multiplayer please?

Multiplayer is online only.

Achievement trophy question :
Second is Nothing - Finished first in every race, in every car (Single Player)

Does that mean i have to finish every event in every car ? ( in first place even ? )

Does that mean i have to finish every event in every car ? ( in first place even ? )

I'm curious about this as well. There was a lot of discussion about that over at 360achievements. No one can really be sure just yet, but it certainly sounds that way.

54-46!

I can't say no to 60 FPS, I'll have to endure Origin this time around.

Edit: So what are the big differences between this and Paradise gameplay wise? side from the damage model.

Wonko_C

No word yet on a demo? I think it's normal for the series to expect a demo a few weeks away from release but I'm starting to worry.

No word yet on a demo? I think it's normal for the series to expect a demo a few weeks away from release but I'm starting to worry.

There is no chance of a demo prior to release now. We'd certainly have heard about it by now, and the game is out Tuesday here in the U.S.

It's possible they'll put a demo out after the release date though.

As far as I know it's exactly what it sounds like, yeah.

Gonna get this on PS3 :) Vita version is indeed very worthy but I simply prefer playing it on the big screen.

Certainly sounds similar to Burnout Paradise, which is one of my favourite games this generation... so, I guess that means that I am absolutely IN!

I'll be buying the Vita version!

crispyben

Yay, a crispyben thread! Will get on PS3 & Vita.
Stop it you! I'll get it on both PS3 and Vita too.

It could mean that you have a to win a race with each car, otherwise it might be a bit much... Who am I kidding, trophy whores will do it and they'll love it!

EDIT: found this on x360a, quoted from a Dan Webb preview:
"Instead of having a set of events that you can race in using one of a number of cars, each car has their own set of events. So, if you, like us, were to have a blast with the Lamborghini Gallardo and loved driving it, once you’d completed all the events and got all the upgrades, there was nothing left for you to do but get in another car."
So you might just have to win each car's race events.

jyoung188

Added myself to the Origin Google doc list. Feel free to add me, I need some friends on Origin for some Autolog action! I am so hyped for this game.

Origin ID: jyoung188

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Absolutely, but if you're going to limit your game to 30 fps, you CAN take steps to reduce input lag (which is what they did).
Well sure, but game engine input lag and framerates aren't really related. In fact, a lower unlocked framerate might have less input lag than a locked 60 due to how vsync works. But 60fps might seem more responsive because you have smooth and constant visual feedback.

VanWinkle

One thing I haven't heard about is whether the Vita version will have the rain effects and day-night cycle. I mean, you would think so, but you never know. Would be disappointing if it weren't there. Any off-screen footage we've seen so far has been the normal daytime sunny look, although that doesn't really tell us anything.

crispyben

It seems Game Informer gave it a 90, according to Metacritic, but the link is dead for now.

Sometimes while playing Most Wanted I was confused what to do next due to the sheer volume of opportunities. I was even frustrated at times when seemingly out of nowhere, a civilian car clogged up the last turn of a particularly high-tension race, causing me to eat metal instead of grabbing victory. But part of the beauty of this game is that there is no such thing as an unfair ending. Whether you're dominating your opponents or barrel rolling your way through a race, you're getting what you wanted – a game, that win or lose, goes all out getting there.

Sethos

Banned
Just to plan ahead, can anyone recommend a decent, free US VPN? Game's unlocking 3 days earlier in the US - Don't want to wait.

Raven77

What's the weather like in this game? Thunderstorms, etc.

Full day night cycle?

Any suburbs or just straight city

Collectibles to find? If so how many?

OmegaZero

One thing I haven't heard about is whether the Vita version will have the rain effects and day-night cycle. I mean, you would think so, but you never know. Would be disappointing if it weren't there. Any off-screen footage we've seen so far has been the normal daytime sunny look, although that doesn't really tell us anything.

I think a nighttime screenshot was posted in the 5th Vita megathread.

crispyben

What's the weather like in this game? Thunderstorms, etc.

Full day night cycle?

Any suburbs or just straight city

Collectibles to find? If so how many?
We've seen parts of the map that were in the countryside during demos and videos, so there should be more than "just" Fairhaven City (which has an airport, a construction site, etc.). We've also seen wet roads I believe.

I studied the E3 demo way back when, and here's the number of collectibles I found at the time: Cooldown Spots (66), Security Gates (63), Jumps (93), Speed Cameras (64), Road Rules (56).

Raven77

We've seen parts of the map that were in the countryside during demos and videos, so there should be more than "just" Fairhaven City (which has an airport, a construction site, etc.). We've also seen wet roads I believe.

I studied the E3 demo way back when, and here's the number of collectibles I found at the time: Cooldown Spots (66), Security Gates (63), Jumps (93), Speed Cameras (64), Road Rules (56).

Awesome thanks for the info. Not sure if day-one since it will probably be 35 around black Friday.

A few screenshots that have come around have indicated a resolution slightly under native.

Hands on impressions with the Vita version months ago indicated it ran OK, with slight hitches. Criterion assured they would be cleaned up before release. My suspicion is it will run good, but maybe not quite as smoothly as the PS3 version.

Multiplayer is online only.

Thanks :D The resolution will not be the problem I guess, but I hope the framerate will be a locked 30. The games is so fast, that stutters will ruin the experience.

Game Informer gave it a 9! That and Edge magazine.

You cant see the review but its up on Metacritic.

From Game Informer:
"Sometimes while playing Most Wanted I was confused what to do next due to the sheer volume of opportunities. I was even frustrated at times when seemingly out of nowhere, a civilian car clogged up the last turn of a particularly high-tension race, causing me to eat metal instead of grabbing victory. But part of the beauty of this game is that there is no such thing as an unfair ending. Whether you're dominating your opponents or barrel rolling your way through a race, you're getting what you wanted – a game, that win or lose, goes all out getting there."

dino1980

Had a problem with the game not showing up on GMG. Made a thread and Arun did some magic over there for now its showing up when I search for the game.

About 50 dollars with the 20% coupon not too bad, over at Origin its about 72 dollars for us here in sweden.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I thought playing Forza Horizon would make me want this less for a while.

It just makes me want it more, and I love FH. It's like ... enacting some weird car love in me.

That jump at 6:29 was amazing.

a97s0b.gif

bxhs5m.gif

Top Bottom