• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

I had a great day at work so I treated myself to Forza Horizon. Plus I figured it will help make the next few days
go by faster until Most Wanted. This might be the best year for arcade racing if Criterion's latest delivers the goods.

KillGore

I think all the launch copies are "limited editions". This has been an EA things for a few years now.

My launch copy of Hot Pursuit is a "limited edition".

Does anyone know for sure? I would love to buy PSN version (because of PS+) but I'm not sure if it'll have all the content of the LE

jayb

Does anyone know for sure? I would love to buy PSN version (because of PS+) but I'm not sure if it'll have all the content of the LE

there's a link in the OP about it: https://help.ea.com/article/need-for-speed-most-wanted-pre-order-information

The PSN gets some LE extra content, but it's different that if you were to buy it in the store.

The disc LE content just depends on which store you pre-order from.

PC looks to be getting every possible piece of content. #damnyoumasterrace

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does MW have a similar system to Forza's car club? Where I don't have to add every member of GAF to my friends list. I can just join the group, and it will put everyone in my autolog?

a97s0b.gif

]

I'm sold. Will preorder tonight.

Had a problem with the game not showing up on GMG. Made a thread and Arun did some magic over there for now its showing up when I search for the game.

About 50 dollars with the 20% coupon not too bad, over at Origin its about 72 dollars for us here in sweden.

Link? I would love to be able to get in on this.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is the PSN version in the UK still £59? I can get it online for £37 so how on earth do EA expect people to pay that much?

crispyben

Thanks, I can tell that this game is going to consume my life...

Is the PSN version in the UK still £59? I can get it online for £37 so how on earth do EA expect people to pay that much?
It's not just EA, but yeah, publishers don't seem to grasp the point of digital releases. They complain about the secondhand market, but instead of giving us a price incentive to go digital, they pull the "online pass" card...

iNvid02

all big digital PSN games are priced ridiculously, but some people do just go ahead and buy em for the actual RRP so these pubs just leave it at that.

should tell you what to expect when the dd only future arrives, pass the saving onto the consumer? lol no

.nimrod

Same thing, thanks anyway.

It might be cheap to buy the download version on Amazon.com, depending on where you live.
Due to currency conversion it ends up costing ~38 euros in europe. All you have to do, is to use a US address.

And if you bought any of the previous NFS titles in the last months on amazon, you get another $5 off.

El-Suave

German magazine M! Games gave a middling review and scored it 76%.
Their main point of criticism is that the game lacks structure for single players and that the game seems tame compared to Burnout Paradise.

I don't know if the point about the lack of structure is valid. BP didn't have a campaign either which should have turned me off, but once I got into it (after the big patch), it became my favorite racing game ever.

Foshy

I think all the launch copies are "limited editions". This has been an EA things for a few years now.

My launch copy of Hot Pursuit is a "limited edition".
I haven't ever seen a copy of NFS: HP and Shift 2 that's NOT a limited edition in stores, tbh

Bluforce

it still doesn't beat doing a barrel roll through the concrete ring at the airport. ;)

This.

But today, at just a week from launch, we need PS Vita version info, screens, videos.

The silence about this version reminds me of what happened with FIFA 13 and it is not reassuring.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Definitely buying this. Probably for Vita since I love portable racers. The game looks super-fun and the fact that it's like Paradise is amazing.

Darkone

Hope the Vita version will be good, some people said that there wasn't enough traffic comparing to the other versions.

And the checkpoint system seems to be much more legible than the one used in BOP.

I HATED RACING IN BURNOUT PARADISE SO MUCH. Same with this gen's Midnight Club game.

"Oh hey yeah I'm in first plac-OOPS WRONG TURN"

I think the original most wanted did it best. The "tracks" were still the open world streets but it was "walled off" so you couldn't go 20 miles the wrong way.

Tobe

what is the best wheel for PC, MW was my favorite racing game last gen and I want to play this for real.

Nyx

Why? The races are still from point A to point B.

Hmm..

But with 100s of ways to get from A to B ?

In a racegame I want pre-determined tracks, without all kinds of shortcuts and such.
And as most people said 'Burnout Paradise 2!', I thought it was like Paradise, and I hate Paradise with a passion.

Top Bottom