• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U |OT| Burned out, Upshift

Crom

Well, I meant, will it go below the $29.99 that it's at today? I know none of us can know for sure, but I mean, if this $29.99 offer is just on Origin, I'm guessing it'll drop a bit at retail from $60 down to closer to $30, but I guess I'd be surprised to see it at $25 or less within 3 months. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I would jump on it now. This could be a price mistake and I don't see it going lower than $30 in the next few months.

I was going to get this as one of my Buy 2 get 1 Free games at Target but this is a better deal

I would jump on it now. This could be a price mistake and I don't see it going lower than $30 in the next few months.

I was going to get this as one of my Buy 2 get 1 Free games at Target but this is a better deal

God dammit GAF. I don't even have a WiiU yet. I've never bought a game before purchasing the system in my life and look what I've gone and done.

Fuck.

Now I should probably go buy the system too.

Also, that same video from above: http://youtu.be/AFVDcZ_YNKA?t=11m

Sold me.

~$31.87 after tax for me. Free shipping is a nice bonus. EA, you've won this round.

Cronq

Banned
Awesome!! Thanks for the Origin link. I was ready to go eShop as I prefer digital but $30 in savings is too much to pass up.

burgerdog

So tempting! I was planning on getting this along with MH3U and Gears of War today at Target. What to do? Buy this @ $30 and buy MH3U from the eShop and spend a total of $90, or go with my original plan and get all three games for $120+tax. Help me, gaf!

So tempting! I was planning on getting this along with MH3U and Gears of War today at Target. What to do? Buy this @ $30 and buy MH3U from the eShop and spend a total of $90, or go with my original plan and get all three games for $120+tax. Help me, gaf!

How could anyone recommend an eshop purchase with Nintendo's policies towards digital purchases?

JaseMath

Quick question - is NFS:Most Wanted better than NFS: Hot Pursuit? I really liked Most Wanted, but the replay value wasn't really there.

Oh man, I wonder if Amazon will price match the $30 price. That's just insane that they are selling it for half price. I wonder if they'll cancel all the orders and say it was a mistake.

basik

woooo glad I was reading this thread...just bought for $30 from origin. I was just about to go to target after work to pick this up at full price in the b2g1 deal.

Crom

God dammit GAF. I don't even have a WiiU yet. I've never bought a game before purchasing the system in my life and look what I've gone and done.

Fuck.

Now I should probably go buy the system too.

Also, that same video from above: http://youtu.be/AFVDcZ_YNKA?t=11m

Sold me.

~$31.87 after tax for me. Free shipping is a nice bonus. EA, you've won this round.

Hahaha.

If you are relatively interested in Zombi U the Zombi U bundle is a decent deal.

Crom

It messed up my plans too.

You can still get Gears of War and Monster Hunters from Target then pick up a random 3rd game.

Return the random game and you will still have partial discounts on your Gears of War and Monster Hunter games.

kizmah

Someone requested some off-screen pics. Not the best but you get the idea.

wantedu_zpsd4eb3c78.png

Spiderduff

Does anyone know the Best Buy price match system very well? Can I just print that page and bring it to a Best Buy store to have them price match it?

Can anyone advise on the Best Buy online pricematching thing? I've got a $45 reward coupon I'd like to redeem there...

As far as I read their policy goes as follows:

Bestbuy.com said:
At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com. We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.com®. We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Quick question - is NFS:Most Wanted better than NFS: Hot Pursuit? I really liked Most Wanted, but the replay value wasn't really there.

It's a lot like Paradise, just not very fun. It is a frustrating game (unless they changed it). I bought it black Friday for $25 and have nothing but bad memories from it and loved Paradise. I'm trading it in now for $20 from Amazon, so $5 loss isn't so bad. About the only thing it did better than Paradise was having real cars.

Chaplain

Can anyone advise on the Best Buy online pricematching thing? I've got a $45 reward coupon I'd like to redeem there...

Just talked to them since I bought the game at Best Buy, and they said they will not price Origin since its not on their list of online retailers.

Designated Major Online Retailers are: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, CircuitCity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com, and Walmart.com.

They did say if Amazon changes their price, because of the Origin sale, they will price match it.

Kevtones

Just talked to them since I bought the game at Best Buy, and they said they will not price Origin since its not on their list of online retailers.

They did say if Amazon changes their price, because of the Origin sale, they will price match it.

Perfect, good to know. Saved me a trip :)

AND BOUGHT. Impulse much?

Hoodbury

Hmm, so probably a no? Oh well, maybe I'll try on my lunch and just buy Monster Hunter/and do this on Origin. I just want to play it now!

Thanks!

That's what I did, just got it from Origin. Got Monster Hunter from the store so I can play that now and then I'll get to NFS when it ships. MH will keep me plenty busy.

If only Nintendo would offer refunds for digital purchases. I don't even want to own the game anymore. Pisses me off that I spend $60 on the eshop for it only to see that ea is selling it for $30 an hour later.

waking up from my nap to find 83% done but also see EA has a disc copy for Spring Sale at HALF PRICE!

okay just hope you sell enough for my new DLC assholes!

Krakatoa

If only Nintendo would offer refunds for digital purchases. I don't even want to own the game anymore. Pisses me off that I spend $60 on the eshop for it only to see that ea is selling it for $30 an hour later.

Have you contacted Customer support. They might refund the difference like they did with Lego land when it was priced incorrectly.

Top Bottom