• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

Wanderer5

So I started checking out Harvest Moon Miku, and man what a very beautiful figure. Her hair, her dress, and the colors all come together to craft such a beauty. The ribbon is kind of annoying to put on lol, so I decided to just try it out more later and leave her in this pose. She still looks fine without it, so not a big issue.

20160704141214_zpsa7fgk232.jpg

Snow Miku 15 might have a really nice plant base and props, but Harvest Moon Miku is a much more wonderful figure, and might even top Fight Club Mako as the best figure from 2015 for me.

So I started checking out Harvest Moon Miku, and man what a very beautiful figure. Her hair, her dress, and the colors all come together to craft such a beauty. The ribbon is kind of annoying to put on lol, so I decided to just try it out more later and leave her in this pose. She still looks fine without it, so not a big issue.

She's seriously one of the prettiest Nendos, I think.

Kazzy

"AmiAmi does not accept cancellations regardless of item stock status (in-stock, back-order, pre-order, etc.). Please only place orders for items you intend on purchasing."

Fuck. Now the reality of not living in Japan anymore sets in :(

Yep. Same for me every month.

These threats don't work if they don't act on them.

Even if they did act on them, they probably still wouldn't work. It's a bigger negative for them to ban someone if it's a customer who has bought a lot from them before and might buy more in the future.

Didn't know there was a thread dedicated to this.

Anyway, I got my first ever nendoroids from AX on Saturday.
20160702_221740_zpsksjmeauu.jpg

The main one I was aiming for, and will open up after work today, was Kirby. I wanted Mako, but she was already gone and had no chance of restock, and didn't have much time to check other booths. I wanted one of the two Links, mainly the WW one, but changed my mind (which was good, because iirc amazon has them for a bit cheaper than the GSC booth did).

I didn't have much interest in anything Miku-related, but the Snow Owl one was too good to pass up.

I ended up getting the Metal Blade Mega Man. Dont know why I wanted Camo Snake besides ithis clear green variant, but sine my brother is more a Metal Gear fan than I am, I'll sent it to him.

Planning to keep an eye out for more of these things.

Impressions of Snow Miku please!
Just came back from work and opened the box.
20160705_172924_zpsjnkmvlxn.jpg

Took the contents out and shows the box can be used, I would guess, serves as a background/diorama.

20160705_173657_zpshoesne8i.jpg

A lot of parts to change with. Even comes with a cloth hat. This is my first time involved with this, so I have to be careful with this stuff.

Highwind

Looks just like mine! Things look good.

Great. Just I saw on the example FAQ on the BiJ site that the example address was in english so I am not sure if it would affect my order with them in any way.

I've added a message with my name and order number along with any other details I feel is important to mention.

Quonny

Thanks for the mini review!

Korra Nendoroid is $41 shipped with $9 in TOM points if you use the code PAYPAL1607 and add at least one other item to your cart that makes the total $100.

otakumode.com

Wanderer5

It's more first time experience than anything. It's actually a little more difficult than I thought. I was afraid I'd break something.
20160705_185221_zpsjcmu862h.jpg

This is probably the best I can do for now.

Feel like every nendoroid I had gotten has least one thing that is a bit annoying when posing them.:p Still, they can be a lot of fun to display, and I hope you enjoy your other three nendos too. I can't wait for Snow Miku to come in.

Harvest Moon Miku has her kind of annoying ribbon scarf thing that I finally got on right, through I probably won't pose it with her most of the time.:p

Wanderer51467767244.jpeg

Kazzy

It's more first time experience than anything. It's actually a little more difficult than I thought. I was afraid I'd break something.

This is probably the best I can do for now.

You'll never truly get over that feeling, believe me!

That said, be thankful you don't have to deal with the original nendoroids, with their ridiculously heavy heads, and no logical way to stop them from toppling over!

Theonik

Well they are I guess part of the CO-DE Nendo series, so are a bit smaller and cheaper, too. I got both.
Are CO-DE actually smaller? I keep forgetting the 2 systems are not interchangeable. Always thought of CO-DE as nendos with less parts.

Might not buy those then.

Wanderer5

Are CO-DE actually smaller? I keep forgetting the 2 systems are not interchangeable. Always thought of CO-DE as nendos with less parts.

Might not buy those then.

I don't think they are smaller tbh, as you can swap heads with regular nendos, plus on MFC database they pretty share the same height info (3.9in).

Top Bottom