• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2.0 Error Reporting & Feedback Thread

longdi

Banned
I still like smaller fonts for mobile. On my s7e qhd, i see only 4+ threads with full screen browsing.

Maybe that's the app-sy layout way, but i prefer the old school /practical view of more threads on display

Last edited:
Go back to the old colour scheme ASAP please!

It just looks like another generic message board now

I didn't have a problem mobile viewing the previous site at all

Last edited:

Rellik

post a thread.. maybe it was always like this and I never noticed since I've never started a thread.. Do I need a higher post count?

Yeah, you need to be here a certain amount of time and have a certain amount of posts. I believe it's 300 posts and 6 months?

At least, that it what the rule used to be. I'm not sure if anything changed.

Blam

post a thread.. maybe it was always like this and I never noticed since I've never started a thread.. Do I need a higher post count?
Maybe you have different perms like a junior since you only have 2 posts and it would make sense you can't post a thread in gaming until you're a normal member.

LAMeduck

Neo Member
Maybe I'm just an idiot for not realizing this, but, how do I edit my posts? I have a post in the "52 games in 52 weeks"-thread but there is no edit button next to my post, is it supposed to be like this?

SDCowboy

Maybe I'm just missing it, but is there a way to get the likes-counter to show up again under folks's handles?

Last edited:

fe17

Neo Member
Maybe I'm just an idiot for not realizing this, but, how do I edit my posts? I have a post in the "52 games in 52 weeks"-thread but there is no edit button next to my post, is it supposed to be like this?

I have the same issue. I saw others being able to edit theirs, so maybe it's because we are Neo members ?

fe17

Neo Member
There’s a ... next to ‘Report’ on your post. Tap that to open a sub-menu. Select ‘Edit’ and away you go.

Thanks for the reply but sadly there's isn't. I guess editing really isn't available to neo members 5 minutes after posting.

OrionFalls

Thanks for the reply but sadly there's isn't. I guess editing really isn't available to neo members 5 minutes after posting.

YwbhcD.jpeg
Nothing like that?

Last edited by a moderator:

fe17

Neo Member
Nothing like that?

It is there but like I said only for 5 minutes and then it disappears. I've had an error a few days ago where it said that I can only edit a post within 5 minutes of posting. I don't know if this was done intentionally.

Giolon

I miss being able to click on the thread title to go to the first post and the GAF symbol to go to the latest unread post.

Rellik

It is there but like I said only for 5 minutes and then it disappears. I've had an error a few days ago where it said that I can only edit a post within 5 minutes of posting. I don't know if this was done intentionally.

That's strange because I can still edit my post above.

Clicking it allows me to edit and I've checked on mobile too and I can edit there.

Dark Rider

-I think there should be a list of the current mod/admin team somewhere like it used to be.

Edit: I just tested the edit function and it works for me thankfully.

-We used to have tabs at the top linking all 4 public forums, can we get that back please?

Last edited:

TimFL

-I think there should be a list of the current mod/admin team somewhere like it used to be.
It's there but they hid the link to the memberpage feature:
https://www.neogaf.com/members/?key=staff_members
-We used to have tabs at the top linking all 4 public forums, can we get that back please?
We have tabs for the 2 forum types (Gaming and Off-Topic) in the navigation bar. If you're browsing the site via mobile you have to click the hamburger icon to show the links. Community boards have to be reached via their individual parent board (e.g. Gaming or Off-Topic).

Last edited:

fe17

Neo Member
That's strange because I can still edit my post above.

Clicking it allows me to edit and I've checked on mobile too and I can edit there.

Like I said, I'm sure it's a ''Neo Member'' issue. You seem to be a "Member", so yeah, it works for you.

I'd like to know, if this was done intentionally, as we have a lot of Neo Members here who surely would like to know. :)

Zoe

I'm loving the floating navigation bar and the hamburger menu. Just need to retrain myself to not go to the top of the page.

Watched threads seems to load pretty slowly though?

Dark Rider

It's there but they hid the link to the memberpage feature:
https://www.neogaf.com/members/?key=staff_members

Thank you for the link. It should be public as most of the forum members would not be aware of it since it is hidden. Also it is missing some people like Gromph Gromph for example.

We have tabs for the 2 forum types (Gaming and Off-Topic) in the navigation bar. If you're browsing the site via mobile you have to click the hamburger icon to show the links. Community boards have to be reached via their individual parent board (e.g. Gaming or Off-Topic).

I'm aware that we have both gaming and off topic links at the top but I'd like to be able to go to any forum page from anywhere (that's how it used to be and neogaf members are used to that in addition to it being an easy thing to do). I don't like that while in off topic page I have to go first to the gaming forum page (or the main neogaf page) before I can click on the gaming community link for no reason.

Last edited:

Shifty

I like the cleaner new name/tag display. Bit of a shame to lose the customizable region, but that would ultimately end up being abused as a make-your-own-tag anyway.

And a big thumbs up for removing the persistent likes display. I think I can dig this system 👍

Last edited:

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Like I said, I'm sure it's a ''Neo Member'' issue. You seem to be a "Member", so yeah, it works for you.

I'd like to know, if this was done intentionally, as we have a lot of Neo Members here who surely would like to know. :)

Neo Members are unable to edit posts after 5 minutes. This is by design for the time being - we know it's a huge inconvenience for users in some threads and we apologize for that. With any luck we'll have a less-intrusive alternative to that security policy in place in the near future.

Rellik

Aaah, I missed that. Yeah, make sense and looks like Palliasso cleared that up above.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
If your tag had html then yes, all tags containing html could not be migrated we were informed. If it did not have html then i have no idea.
Well that is absolute garbage. Guess it’s just gone then.

Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks mysterious benevolent admin :)

Last edited:

Shifty

I had an issue with pasting in youtube URLs the other day. I was writing a long-ass post with lots of embeds, and I'd copy a URL over from another window (with the &t=xyz timecode FWIW) only to have it paste the previous copy-pasted URL instead.

Happened a couple of times, and I eventually had to click-drag the URLs over from their address bars. I guess there's some javascript intercepting the ctrl+v in order to format stuff nicely during paste?

Repro steps:
  1. Ctrl+C URL A
  2. Ctrl+V URL A
  3. URL A added to post
  4. Ctrl+C URL B
  5. Ctrl+V URL B
  6. URL A added to post
  7. Click-drag URL B
  8. URL B added to post
  9. Ctrl+C URL C
  10. Ctrl+V URL C
  11. URL B(? may have been A) added to post
Also, would it be possible to turn the speech bubble icons next the subforum names on the top-level page into links? I keep wanting to click on them instead of the 'Gaming Discussion' / 'Off-topic Discussion' text.

Last edited:

paparazzo

The ignore feature is still broken. Ignored members' posts still show as normal and when I click Ignore on their profile, I get 'You are already ignoring this member, You may only ignore 1000 people.' but my ignore list seems to be wiped.

OrionFalls

The ignore feature is still broken. Ignored members' posts still show as normal and when I click Ignore on their profile, I get 'You are already ignoring this member, You may only ignore 1000 people.' but my ignore list seems to be wiped.
Ignore seems to be working for me.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Just letting you guys know replying on mobile is painfully slow and laggy
I can write a whole sentence before it actually responds.

Head Stapler

Neo Member
I had this issue too, my ignore list was empty when I tried to view it. Just add a someone to your ignore list to get it working again. That cured it for me.

Dark Rider

-Can we get a "reply" button at the top of the page?
also there is no advanced options for the reply? All I have is the quick reply at the bottom of the page.

-I know I missed the poll but I would like to state that I would like the font to be smaller. The posts and the font all look much bigger than usual, so I would like a smaller font please.

OrionFalls

Just letting you guys know replying on mobile is painfully slow and laggy. I can write a whole sentence before it actually responds.
Hardware and browser?
For what it’s worth, I think it might just be your browser or your phone, or a combination of both. I’m using Safari on iOS (iPhone X on 11.2.5) and its working fine for me. No lag at all.

Kadayi

Banned

Dark Rider

no, I don't get a quick reply box. I just see a post reply tab, which when click it gives me an error page: -

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/mr-r...ein-bears-wednesdays-on-usa.1446368/add-reply

Oops! We ran into some problems.
This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.

/add-reply does not work for me either. But it is possible that the page is loading slowly for you and the quick reply box need more time to load.

EDIT: maybe the gifs in that page is slowing it down for you, if that is the case then I think the page components should get higher priority to load than images and gifs

Last edited:

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
Kadayi Kadayi
What you may find with things like that is that it can sometimes take time to populate some items at the moment. I wasn't seeing the reply box either and because there had been issues with this type of thing previously, I just left it and the reply box did appear for me.

Try waiting until the page is fully populated, the same goes for missing buttons to Report, Like, etc.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
For what it’s worth, I think it might just be your browser or your phone, or a combination of both. I’m using Safari on iOS (iPhone X on 11.2.5) and its working fine for me. No lag at all.
Same here. ios Safari and no lag.

Kadayi

Banned
Kadayi Kadayi
What you may find with things like that is that it can sometimes take time to populate some items at the moment. I wasn't seeing the reply box either and because there had been issues with this type of thing previously, I just left it and the reply box did appear for me.

Try waiting until the page is fully populated, the same goes for missing buttons to Report, Like, etc.

I tried loading page 8 and that was fine. 9 does load eventually, but it takes forever, though it seemed that it had gone through fully beforehand. I think the embed in post #427 is what was causing the problem. Using Vivaldi as my browser if that has some bearing on things?

paparazzo

I had this issue too, my ignore list was empty when I tried to view it. Just add a someone to your ignore list to get it working again. That cured it for me.
Tried that, I still get the "You may only ignore 1000 people" error when adding someone who wasn't previously on my ignore. I did have quite a number of people on ignore before the forum change, so maybe that borked it for me somehow? Oh well.

Grinchy

Banned
Tried that, I still get the "You may only ignore 1000 people" error when adding someone who wasn't previously on my ignore. I did have quite a number of people on ignore before the forum change, so maybe that borked it for me somehow? Oh well.
Lol yeah I’m in the same spot. The ignore list had to be quite massive for the forum to be bearable at that point.

Last edited:

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
Kadayi Kadayi
Although you may well find that different browsers do it at slightly different speeds simply due to the nature of the browser, I'm not aware of it being significantly worse on any particular browser.

Shifty

Working fine for me on Android Nougat / Chrome. Running on a Blackberry KeyOne (2Ghz Snapdragon 625).

Last edited:
Top Bottom