• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2.0 Error Reporting & Feedback Thread

Fbh

- On mobile I miss the button at the end of the page to refresh and load new posts
- I made a thread about the Windows store the other day and It simply wouldn't let me post it, I got a "ups something went wrong" message. But by diving the post in two (so half of it as the OP and the other half as the first post) it allowed me to post it. It wasn't even that long so i found it weird
- Just tried to reply to the thread about the Mario and Rabbits Switch game and I can't. I get another "oops, something went wrong" message

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Working fine for me on Android Nougat / Chrome. Running on a Blackberry KeyOne (2Ghz Snapdragon 625).
I don't know then, Xperia Z5 has a Snapdragon 810 and 3GB Ram
It just seem laggy compared to typing anywhere else
I'll try closing some apps processes see it that helps
Also on the PS4 browser when pressing Square to backspace/delete it backspace once and closes the virtual keyboard.
Very annoying.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Yeah, first thing I did was load up DARK theme. :p
Uh... I thought it was disabled? I have no icons for it, but I'm pretty heavy on security addons on my browser, maybe they blocked them.

Edit: found it in the preferences.

There’s a theme selector bottom-left of every page (on mobile at least). Or you can change it in preferences.
Yep, I was used to the top button. Thanks.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Uh... I thought it was disabled? I have no icons for it, but I'm pretty heavy on security addons on my browser, maybe they blocked them.
There’s a theme selector bottom-left of every page (on mobile at least). Or you can change it in preferences.

Last edited:

Type_Raver

Has the ability to hide avatars been removed, i cant seem to find it.
It helps give it a clean look when browsing from work.

Z3M0G

The search function is an absolute broken mess right? It's not just me?

I think it was before the site change though...

Example, I search "Hawaii" thread titles only, on Off-topic only, and I get this:

https://www.neogaf.com/search/8040/...=1&c[nodes][0]=22&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance

I'm trying to find the thread from LAST NIGHT... before it would order by most recent post... :/

Before the upgrade I tried to find any thread about any Transformer movie ever, and could find nothing at all. Edit: At least it looks like that works now...

Last edited:

Sourcerer

This typbe of disrespectful behavior with no provocation WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
New theme is nice.

But who gives a shit about this forum really.

Gromph Gromph Mr. Grumpy Mr. Grumpy
I'm trying to post a new thread, and even though the edit pane shows everything is fine, as soon as I hit preview I just get a bunch of errors with images not showing up
3a92beb970.png
The bbcode is correct, so I'm not sure if I can publish it like this.

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
R Reizo Ryuu
Gromph Gromph is probably in a far better position to answer your enquiry. What site are the images hosted on? Does it give you any message or do they just not show up? Can you post one of the image links that you're trying to post but put a space in it somewhere so we can actually see the text you're posting?

I'll pass this on to the rest of the team, just incase anybody else is aware of the issues that you're having there.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Gromph Gromph Mr. Grumpy Mr. Grumpy
I'm trying to post a new thread, and even though the edit pane shows everything is fine, as soon as I hit preview I just get a bunch of errors with images not showing up

The bbcode is correct, so I'm not sure if I can publish it like this.

Post the thread and give me the link.

R Reizo Ryuu
Gromph Gromph is probably in a far better position to answer your enquiry. What site are the images hosted on? Does it give you any message or do they just not show up?

I'll pass this on to the rest of the team, just incase anybody else is aware of the issues that you're having there.
All images are hosted on imgur, some show up but a lot don't, really odd; I'm afraid if I hit post that it will just stay that way even if the edit pane shows everything.

Gromph Gromph
Alright

Last edited:
Wonder why it's singling me out...could it be a database thing?
It's showing me the same errors across IE, Chrome (cache disabled) and firefox; though as soon as I hit "edit", it displays it properly.

Gromph

Staff Member
Wonder why it's singling me out...could it be a database thing?
It's showing me the same errors across IE, Chrome (cache disabled) and firefox; though as soon as I hit "edit", it displays it properly.

no, there is not a database thing.

Open the thread in a incognito chrome tab, open the dev tools, and check for errors.

Gromph

Staff Member
The proxy is internal to make all images https.

It should not affect you.

pj

Banned
What happened to the user count? At the end of last year it was pushing 200k, now the main page says 123k. Were there 75k banned accounts that got purged?

AfricanKing

Sorry, i tried the other site, i just cant. Ive been warned and banned to many times for little things. I think this Gaf refit was long overdue. Glad to be back

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
P pj
There was a significant number of unconfirmed users here. They'd signed up for an account but had never confirmed the email address that they supplied so we had a massive block of half registered users that have now been removed from the database as they were essentially dead space on it.

The good news is that now their details are no longer listed they can try to register again if they still want membership. We do have literally hundreds of people who have applied for membership and are currently waiting, the plan is that there will be a large wave of new members being given entry very shortly.

We're discussing opening a new sticky "Introduce Yourself" type thread before that happens so there's a relatively safe place for that daunting first post from users as GAF can seem to be pretty intense at times. Obviously, it won't just be for the new users and it would be good to get a few words from other members here to try and open things up a bit more so it would be good if some of you longer standing members could also take part.

Nobody is required to, it's only for people who want to.

There will also be something similar to introduce people like me who are a part of the new support team to get out there as we do want to be far more open about things moving forwards.

I'm not in a position to give a date for either of these but they should both be happening pretty soon. :)

Gromph

Staff Member
The problem with the ignore list relay on the migration and how xenforo works. While in vbulletin the ignore list was unlimited, here is limited to 1000.

There is cross references from the old format, so if the count of ignored and being ignored hit 1000 you can’t ignore anyone.

Let me think a solution but most likely I will need to wipe the ignore list so everyone start fresh.

There is one particular user that have like 16k people in ignore.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I know that old GAF could be quite toxic at times....but...1000k+ blocked users?! Bloody hell! And the person with 16k...I just can’t fathom that. They must have been staring at a lot of blank pages.

Last edited:

Gromph

Staff Member
Ok, the ignore list start fresh, all who had problems please check again.

hrab

Will we receive some slim theme for the site? I would really prefer to have nice list of topics only, instead of having the autor and the date of the last post under each topic. Latest post as a column was much nicer, and allowed to show more topics without scrolling. For me it's just unnecessary wasted space.

Do not like the top-bar as well, would prefer if it was possible to turn it off.

Manus

Are we ever going to get like a direct link back to gaming/off topic at the bottom of a thread? Whenever I'm browsing off topic I have to scroll all the way back up to hop back to gaming or click on discussions than gaming.

turnbuckle

Will we receive some slim theme for the site? I would really prefer to have nice list of topics only, instead of having the autor and the date of the last post under each topic. Latest post as a column was much nicer, and allowed to show more topics without scrolling. For me it's just unnecessary wasted space.

Do not like the top-bar as well, would prefer if it was possible to turn it off.

Honestly wish they'd just go back to vbulletin.

Zoe

Are we ever going to get like a direct link back to gaming/off topic at the bottom of a thread? Whenever I'm browsing off topic I have to scroll all the way back up to hop back to gaming or click on discussions than gaming.
Use the floating header. If you're on mobile, click on the hamburger menu.

Herne

On mobile (well, on my mobile at least) threads don't show a page count, just a post count, which is not a good substitute. Is that coming back?

Ted

Design changes look great. For the most part very clean and very timeless. I like. Not had to delve deep but good job from what I've seen so far.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Where is the alert when somebody quotes you at on mobile?
You’ll see a red circle above the bell on the floating bar at the top of the page. It will have a number in it reflecting how many alerts you have. Click it to check them.

Top Bottom